Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 3:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: HunGar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It wasn't meant to be. I'm in Total agreement with that statement. I believe I stated that. I not a promoter of fighting outside the ring unless need be, fighting being the last resort.
    Superman said that he has been training in MMA. Thats why I brought that up. He also stated he was looking for Krav Maga classes of which I directed him to Chin Na instead. I believe a humbling martial art as Chin Na would be benificial for anyone who is only versed in MMA training and is looking for aggressive arts. There is no arguement on street vs. Ring. It is only facts. Having been on the combat side in the ring and a Doctor on the outside of the ring and a instuctor and student in Chin Na, BudoTaijutsu, Bujinkan Ninjutsu, CanTon style HunGar, and a founding member of the Shen Lung Society. I feel i can provide insight to average guy combat and ring fighting. Thats why gave the answer i provided. No misunderstanding intended. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 4:02pm

Style: FMA / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shen Lung
    There is no arguement on street vs. Ring. It is only facts. Having been on the combat side in the ring and a Doctor on the outside of the ring and a instuctor and student in Chin Na, BudoTaijutsu, Bujinkan Ninjutsu, CanTon style HunGar, and a founding member of the Shen Lung Society. I feel i can provide insight to average guy combat and ring fighting. Thats why gave the answer i provided. No misunderstanding intended. :)
    I've done MMA fighting for 8 years now and do you know how many rules their are when you enter the cage? average joe hasn't been trained with those rules and will not fight "fair".
    Those seem like street vs. ring arguments to me. Maybe I'm reading it wrong or into it to much.

May I ask what kind of doctor you are?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 4:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the OP (since I helped with the thread de-rail), if you are looking for one of these arts to also help with your MMA, I would suggest escrima. The Dog Brothers have even done a few videos on incorpotrating FMA concepts into MMA

YouTube - Dog Brothers - Kali Tudo

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 4:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Time for history lesson selfcritical-Imi Lichtenfeld the founder of Krav Maga developed it to defend a Jewish town from the Nazi's. He then trained the isreali army with it. It was developed originally to be a biting, grion striking, head butting, pinching, joint manipulation form of combat. It has been transformed into what seems to me to be "Combat Taebo". As for no rules winning I never said it would. But let this sink in " The only Fair fight is the one you're losing". - Buford Tune from APPS. Krav Maga was not based off wrestling,boxing,and judo. You will have to give proof of that. Chin Na is more than standing joint locks, moreover the lessons they teach are large and small joint manipulation ground and standing, they also practice close circle striking and pressure points. I do not advise taking a gun away from anyone unless its life or death. I promote Flight over fight in most instances. I was directing superman to a more humbling practice, something anyone who is "looking for a fight" needs to experience. And before anyone says anything- anyone who has a history in MMA and is looking for Krav Maga for "just incase someone with a stick comes along" is looking for a fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 4:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Krav Maga was not based off wrestling,boxing,and judo.
    Really? http://www.kravmaga.com/hist1910.asp

Says he won international and national awards in boxing and wrestling. Are you saying that he simply threw all of that away when creating Krav Maga?
    Last edited by escrimador6; 12/23/2008 4:33pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 4:32pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Absolutly, I'm a neurological surgeon. I am also a EMS here in TN. moved from NM. Sorry about the rambling on in the earlier text, I've seen alot of wanna be Billy Jacks end up bloodied up by some drunk that won't even remember the incident. I'm all for flight before fight!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 4:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not at all, when you strip something down it is no longer what it was. Similar is to say that Bruce Lee did not teach Jeet Kune Do. He trained with Yip Man in China learning Wing Chun, when he came to America he used what took only the skeletal remains of what he had learned to create Jeet Kune Do. Saying that Imi Lichtenfeld developed Krav Maga from a blend of Boxing,wrestling,and Judo would be the same as saying Bruce Lee just tuaght his version of Wing Chun. I listed Chin Na in the earlier text because it is very similar to original Krav Maga, absent of course the never back down mentality.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 4:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Krav Maga was not based off wrestling,boxing,and judo. You will have to give proof of that.
    I have shown you proof that the founder of Krav Maga had a background in boxing and wrestling. Please present us with proof that Krav Maga is based off of Chin Na.

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 4:45pm

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the agreement, Shen Lung, that being is good shape and able to remove yourself quickly from a situation is a great asset for self-defense. To your points about gun situations and suggesting chin-na, I would be hesitant to suggest to someone that their RBSD strategy be small joint manipulations and eye gouges based merely on some of the things you said in this thread.

You mentioned eight years of MMA experience, please provide some clarification on this. What do you mean by MMA training, what camp are you associated with? Also, with such a long span of time spent studying MMA have you competed?

I don't mean to cast aspersions on you but you are presenting yourself as an authority and as such I think we would be doing ourselves and the OP a disservice if we didn't question these points especially given what you've suggested.

Also, no one in this forum believes that MMA > firearms, if you think so please look at the front page and read the article about two of our members who were photographed for a self-defense campaign promoting firearms as the main defensive strategy.

As for being a neurosurgeon, well done although a neurologist riding in an ambulance is certainly a rare occurrence given that your ability to diagnose and perform brain surgery in a bus is dramatically decreased compared to hospital conditions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 4:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Saying that Imi Lichtenfeld developed Krav Maga from a blend of Boxing,wrestling,and Judo would be the same as saying Bruce Lee just tuaght his version of Wing Chun.
    No, it wouldn't be.

I listed Chin Na in the earlier text because it is very similar to original Krav Maga, absent of course the never back down mentality.
    No, you said that Krav Maga is based off of Chin Na.
    Last edited by escrimador6; 12/23/2008 4:54pm at .
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast