Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 10:40am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You owe me one.

...wife swap?
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 10:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Midget Hitler Santa
    You owe me one.

...wife swap?
    I need to get to the YMCA or some ****.

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 10:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was that like....a gay comment or something?

I don't get it.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 11:19am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was that like....a gay comment or something?

I don't get it.
    No, I seriously mean go to the YMCA and pump weights.

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 1:41pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weight training will add muscle and improve your self image. It also improves your actual mage and just makes you feel good. I recommend West Side 4 Skinny Bastards, google it.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 2:01pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    Weight training will add muscle and improve your self image. It also improves your actual mage and just makes you feel good. I recommend West Side 4 Skinny Bastards, google it.
    I need to buy a new weight set for my house.

Someone recommend one to me.

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 2:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by polishillusion
    I need to buy a new weight set for my house.

Someone recommend one to me.
    No, no polish! Bad polish!

If you were a cat I would be squirting you with water right now.

No!

Any set you will buy that will be cheap enough to purchase won't be worth it in comparison to the relatively cheap cost of joining a gym.

If you were to purchase for your home, you would need at least 1 whole room or a garage to fill with the following equipment: (At the least!!!)

Flat/adjustable benchpress with barbell
    Squat Rack (preferably with deadlift capabality)
    Pull up bar
    Curling bar
    Dumbells (of varying weight for different excercises as you will be increasing the weight you can work with often)

Just get a gym membership. It's cheaper in the end, and will take up alot less space. Also, you'll have some competition going with the other guys in there and it will motivate you to lift harder.

EDIT: Also, at a gym you will learn new excercises by watching the more experienced guys and they will be able to give you advice on proper form and such.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 2:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, no polish! Bad polish!

If you were a cat I would be squirting you with water right now.

No!

Any set you will buy that will be cheap enough to purchase won't be worth it in comparison to the relatively cheap cost of joining a gym.

If you were to purchase for your home, you would need at least 1 whole room or a garage to fill with the following equipment: (At the least!!!)

Flat/adjustable benchpress with barbell
    Squat Rack (preferably with deadlift capabality)
    Pull up bar
    Curling bar
    Dumbells (of varying weight for different excercises as you will be increasing the weight you can work with often)

Just get a gym membership. It's cheaper in the end, and will take up alot less space. Also, you'll have some competition going with the other guys in there and it will motivate you to lift harder.

I am too embarrassed going to the gym.

Seriously. Talk me out of it.

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 2:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, punk. Listen, I like you, but get real: Embarrasment is your motivator here.

There are two types of stress: distress, and eustress. People rarely hear of eustress. It's the same pre-fix in principle as euphoria and it's opposite, dysphoria.

Distress is when something gets you down, so you cave into it. Eustress is a stress you put on yourself that makes you work harder and ultimately overcome some goal in the end.

You will not get where you want to be by caving in to your self pity and staying home, hoping to one day emerge back into the world looking like superman. That will not happen. There are plenty of fat guys at the gym who I'm sure are in way worse shape than you. Going to the gym, feeling week...this is what will make you work harder.

Take my advice, just do it and in a couple months you will feel a whole lot better.
    Last edited by BudoMonkey; 12/22/2008 2:38pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 2:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, punk. Listen, I like you, but get real: Embarrasment is your motivator here.

There are two types of stress: distress, and eustress. People rarely hear of eustress. It's the same pre-fix in principle as euphoria and it's opposite, dysphoria.

Distress is when something gets you down, so you cave into it. Eustress is a stress you put on yourself that makes you work harder and ultimately overcome some goal in the end.

You will not get where you want to be by caving in to your self pity and staying home, hoping to one day emerge back into the world looking like superman. That will not happen. There are plenty of fat guys at the gym who I'm sure are in way worse shape than you. Going to the gym, feeling week...this is what will make you work harder.

Take my advice, just do it and in a couple months you will feel a whole lot better.
    All I need now is to go sign up for the YMCA again.

GRRR

But it is so cheap.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast