Posted On:
    12/22/2008 1:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    Those silly, stupid irish....

jk.
    irish are ok, but if they get drunk they always make it a point to piss me off.

imitation: eergh yer biggin!! im not scarrrrrrrr't of you! whatcher lookin at biggin?

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 2:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingle Lebells
    irish are ok, but if they get drunk they always make it a point to piss me off.

imitation: eergh yer biggin!! im not scarrrrrrrr't of you! whatcher lookin at biggin?
    word. irish are silly

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 2:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    word. irish are silly
    ysterday snatch was on tv, ive got a mate who talks exactly like brad pitts character, friggin hilarious.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 2:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ysterday snatch was on tv, ive got a mate who talks exactly like brad pitts character, friggin hilarious.
    They have tvs in lolland?

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 2:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand

Ddlr: In response to your query, I rather doubt such stories would sell very well...plus a re-reading of my effort does reveal a number of typographical mistakes (would that I had been born an English-speaker). Time to go back and execute some corrections...
    That's what editors get paid good money for ... you're a good writer and this is an interesting topic (also counters the stereotype that bouncers are all biceps and no articulation). If you have enough stories, it might be worth pitching them to a publisher or compiling them yourself into a memoir through Lulu.com or one of the other POD services.

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 7:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR
    That's what editors get paid good money for ... you're a good writer and this is an interesting topic (also counters the stereotype that bouncers are all biceps and no articulation). If you have enough stories, it might be worth pitching them to a publisher or compiling them yourself into a memoir through Lulu.com or one of the other POD services.
    What's a editur?

Srsly, thanks for the thumbs-up and the tips, DdlR. Truth be told, like anyone who has worked in nightclubs long enough, yours-truly does have something of a collection of epic tales, as much about my own foibles as they are about the (mis)deeds of others.

Mooster: if you're still into sociology by the time you're legal, then by all means, one of the surest crash-courses in human (?) behaviour (??) can be taken via some shifts doing nightclub security. As others have intimated, not all bouncers are size-monsters, and you'll have had more training under your belt than the great majority of the patrons.

Your postings seem to indicate that you're good-natured, train conscientiously and don't take yourself too seriously...all major advantages. Conditions vary from club to club, but 99% of potential situations are best addressed via firm diplomacy. The rest--well, you're already training for that. Learn the legalities involved, be on good terms with both colleagues and cops, show courtesy to the great majority of patrons who cause no problems at all, and be cool-headed enough to know that the testosterone is best left on the back-burner. Most importantly, you're not going to be alone (unless you're employed in a miniscule establishment). For most clubs, effective security is teamwork, not some kind of ad-hoc one-on-one cage-fight between egos.

In a typical shift, you'll have lots of time between emerg calls to take in all the sociology (asociology, antisociology, sociopathy, and so on...) you'll ever want to experience: humanity at its Dante-esque best, your fellow-creatures at their uninhibited finest.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 4:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow wing chun and then work as a bouncer...at least you've got balls!
    respect!
    LOL, thanks. To that, add the fact that I am like 1,70 tall and fairly slim, and that I look like the angry video game nerd. But it's really amazing what that black jacket and the gloves do to people. Once you're out there, you feel like Batman!:XXjester:

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 6:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They have tvs in lolland?
    well yes and no, we are not as advanced as you guiz ofcourse.
    if i want to see a movie i have to send a letter to the dutch movie company, so let's say i choose snatch, then i send a letter to them in which i request the movie snatch at sunday evening 8 o clock.

they send me a pigeon back with a confirmation and im getting ready.

sunday evening 8 o clock, i hear the sound of cloggs in the stairway so i know they're coming: the movie company people, there';s a guy who's sorta a brad pitt look a like, etc for every actor in the movie a real life actor.
    then they all squad behind my tv with no screen and re-enact the movie.

yeah its pretty lame, but Lolland and Lollywood have a legal war on movie rights so until its solved we aint getting movies from them.

the actors are an acceptable solution and its not unlikely it turns into one big bukkake orgy halfway through the movie.

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 6:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by This is Sparta!
    LOL, thanks. To that, add the fact that I am like 1,70 tall and fairly slim, and that I look like the angry video game nerd. But it's really amazing what that black jacket and the gloves do to people. Once you're out there, you feel like Batman!:XXjester:
    you were wearing the cape werent you?
    just admit it...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345