Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 11:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and I am NINJA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** I planned on going down there anyway.Not full of piss and vigor,just to kinda check the place out.I have an injury I'm getting over right now (hip contusion and torn oblique) but I should be able to train with in a week or two.I'll give an honest assessment of the facility and the instruction.I'll try to bring a white,a blue,a purple,and a brown belt,as well as aD1 wrestler and a good kick boxer along with me to get a good over all idea of their ability.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd be more than happy to go over with knight dragon and his group if they let me...but at this point I want to make sure that I don't spoil any good will by being included if Jason and Rick really think I am some psycho that they need to hide thier kids from.

Now that being said...my 5 year old son is a monster on the mats so they should be hiding thier kids from him. :)

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 1:22pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by knight dragon
    **** I planned on going down there anyway.Not full of piss and vigor,just to kinda check the place out.I have an injury I'm getting over right now (hip contusion and torn oblique) but I should be able to train with in a week or two.I'll give an honest assessment of the facility and the instruction.I'll try to bring a white,a blue,a purple,and a brown belt,as well as aD1 wrestler and a good kick boxer along with me to get a good over all idea of their ability.
    If you can make this happen, and mr. brinn will allow it, we'd love to hear an honest review from a qualified BB.

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 3:25pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome. If anyone needs a video camera, my crew can provide, simply let me know.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 1:43pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The more I think about this, the more I'm thinking we need someone not in a competing market. They can just say "competing instructor" if the review comes out bad, and Jason has already said he won't allow video cameras for protection of his students.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 1:47pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless, he is at a poor level, even if they say he is at purple belt level that would be a good thing IMO.

I still think he should go just for the simple fact if he sees him he may recognize the guy. Also, he may be able to remember hey that's the guy who was only at my seminars or came to class for a few years.

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 2:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rudolph,

My school is about 45 minutes away from MMATC. I am not sure if that is far enough away to qualify as separate markets or not. Just an FYI.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 2:48pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IMO it isn't. I have traveled anywhere from 30-60+ minutes for my training so, it could still be considered competition bias.

At my final school, as a student, I'd say at least 35% of the student base was outside of the 35-45, minute range.

I handled the books, as an assistant instructor (long ass story), so that's how I know.

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 7:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's fair enough. Most of my students who move out to Raleigh end up ceasing their training with me because of the commute, but your point is valid (heck, I recommend them to join Crossfit).

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 12:39am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuJason
    That's fair enough. Most of my students who move out to Raleigh end up ceasing their training with me because of the commute, but your point is valid (heck, I recommend them to join Crossfit).
    If you can go, do so.

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate. They are going to find a complaint no matter what. Just look at the current derail in the original MABS thread.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast