Sponsored Links Spacer Image

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 2:20pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Southern Bullshido Members with CREDENTIALS wanted for Gym Review in NC.

Do we have any members that have MMA fight experience or BJJ Rank of Purple or higher, or substantial sub grappling comp experience willing to travel to Raleigh, NC to perform an OBJECTIVE review of MMA Cross Training Centers?

I want everyone to note that this is for an active investigation thread found here:
    MMA Cross Training Center of Raleigh - No BS Martial Arts

Also please note that the General Manager and instructor Jason Brinn has been very forthcoming with information. There are just some questions that need answered as far as teaching ability. He has said that he would allow credentialed members to come check the place out. I want to know who is willing and able to go, and we'll decide how this we'll happen (with Jason's input of course).

So, if you're willing and able and have the above listed experience, please submit yourself here.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 3:08pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a blue belt in BJJ and have no MMA record but would be happy to be part of a group that goes over there (or go over there myself). If nothing else I can report back on how hast he tapped me. :)

I am also interested in his wing chun experience as he mentions training under Duncan Leung, of which I also train under his lineage.

I have had good conversations w/ Jason and generally think he seems like a decent guy (despite thinking I'm a "hater" for starting that thread).

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 3:24pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have any rank in BJJ, but have been rolling for a while (you can ask Southpaw, who squished me real good at a TD I ran a while ago), and can generally assess such skill, as I have been doing Kaju for 15 years, and martial arts for 18 years. However, I am also a school owner in the area, so it may not be appropriate for me to be involved in such a process.

Oh, as for MMA competition creds, I unfortunately don't have any, as I got rather sick with Ulcerative Colitis when I turned 18 and became eligible, and while it is much better these days, graduate school has kept me too busy to fight (though I am hoping that will change soon). However, I do spar with MMA rules (plus ballshots) at pretty much every class I run, and I am used to heavy contact sparring.
    Last edited by SifuJason; 12/19/2008 3:28pm at .

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 4:20pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the posts guys. Will keep you in mind. I'm looking for folks with MMA experience first and foremost, and BJJ Purples preferably. It just lends more credibility to this to have people of that level. However, if a small group goes I think it would be ok to send you along too, but I want to run all candidates by Jason Brinn as well.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 4:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Totally understand and no hard feelings at all.

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 4:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, what Southpaw says. Southpaw may know someone with the creds at his school willing to go, but they may not be a member on the site. Perhaps a combination of well-validated members on this site, and the expert you seek could work, as you suggested.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 4:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh I know people lining up to go over there...but cooler heads will prevail and in the end my MMA friends are just happy to have another local mma school to compete against.

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 4:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I figured you'd have a plethora of people; maybe you can find someone who views it as an intellectual exercise, and not a confrontation? Oh, and I am also pumped to have another MMA school in the area.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 9:14pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I culled some off topic discussion. Let's keep this thread about finding southern members who can accurately critique. If Southpaw and SJ want to go over there WITH some people with creds who aren't necessarily members, then I'm fine with it as long as Mr. Brinn is. I expect though, that this will be an OBJECTIVE meeting with the sole purpose of critique. I'm not looking to use this as a chance to bash a competitor.

Southpaw, post here if you have a group of people intersted in going. Then we'll run it by Mr. Brinn and come up with a plan for how this all will go down.

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 9:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That sounds good to me Rudolph. I also want this to be objective and upfront, and with Mr. Brinn's approval. I wouldn't want any sense of this being something between competitor entities in any form. I am personally happy to have more MMA schools in the area.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast