Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 6:32am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Are there still people this stupid?

Here is a little gem that came from a necroed thread. I didnt think that people still actually believed this nonsense, especially if they had spent some time here.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueKarateKid
    I still hold to my idea that the guy at least knew what he was doing. He may not have been a master (although lots of youtube peeps think so) but he at least has had a passing familiarity with MA, if not actually train(s)(ed). I do see him deflecting the punches rather than just flailing his arms.

I don't see the need to criticize the guy either. 9/10 people that attack you in the street aren't going to know much, if any, MA, so if he knows enough to survive, isn't that enough? He doesn't have to have the 733t BJJ or MT to win a street fight, a more exotic style works fine.
    Taken from this thread...

Hung Gar vs some gangster punk - No BS Martial Arts

I was under the impression that most people knew that it isnt the art but the training methodology that counts, and a well rounded skill set was the best way to go.

Damn....

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 7:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bro, I've spent so long face-palming over stuff like this, I now choose to believe that these people are just excellent deadpan trolls that are really, really in character.

It helps.

Also, did you honestly expect any sense at all from someone who calls himself (non-ironically) TrueKarateKid?
    ;-)
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 7:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes, people are still this stupid.

if you're interested in some self-torture, go read some youtube comments on martial arts related videos.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 7:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best are the ones who teach your MT class, just to run switch cloths and teach tai chi/Kung Fu.... They not only have excepted the fact that people are stupid but also willing to pay money for ****, hence they milk that cow.
    I mean you see a MT/MMA class going on, people sparing hard, throwing down for real and you walk pass it in order to take a tai chi or Kung Fu class? Those people don't even wonder why we are not using any of the Kung Fu crap. We are between 6 and 10 people in the MMA class (more in the MT) but there are 20-30 people in the Kickboxing class (the one with the foamy shoes and no lowkicks or knees/elbows) that runs at the same times.
    I stopped asking questions a long time ago...
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 7:54am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno

if you're interested in some self-torture, go read some youtube comments on martial arts related videos.
    I cannot believe the levels of idiocy and illiteracy on display in MA related comments
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 8:21am

Style: BJJ / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A friend of mine who I would consider smart about other things clings to the belief that there are MA monks hidden out in the woods in china that would destory MMA fighters in the cage/street but they are so englightened that they don't see the need to prove themselfs. It's very frustrating.

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 8:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are stupid people everywhere. On the road. At work. At home. At school. In government.

The martial arts are no exception, unfortunately. In fact, I think a lot of MA is a fucking petree dish for stupid. The mission here at Bullshido is to inform consumers. But if people want to bite into that fantasy world of chi balls and no-touch knockouts AFTER they've been informed, then that's their business.

I get calls from at least 10 stupid asses a day. I mean, fucktards that are so dumb, they do not possess logic, reason, nor problem-solving skills. The same kind of people that can't follow something like: A is functioning properly. If you add B to A, then A won't work anymore. Therefore, disconnect B from A and let A work.

But no! The fucktard can't understand this. Why? Because the fucktard is lazy. Those who want to go to chi building classes for fighting prowess and skip hard core training are just like that: lazy. They have bought into the hope of "you don't have to train hard and get choked and hit.....just learn my ki/chi secrets and over years and years, you too will possess the deadly skills of the Asians and you will be able to fight without effort."

Lazy.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 9:00am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by recourse
    A friend of mine who I would consider smart about other things clings to the belief that there are MA monks hidden out in the woods in china that would destory MMA fighters in the cage/street but they are so englightened that they don't see the need to prove themselfs. It's very frustrating.
    My old Hung Gar-instructor subscribed to this belief as well. He also believed in Chi, and that if properly rooted you could never be taken down. He believed that if Tit Sin Kuen (sp?), an advanced form in the style, was practiced poorly you could get erectile dysfunction (amongst other problems). He believed that there were hidden ground fighting (grappling) in the forms, and if you practiced them enough you would find it. The fact that he had practiced the forms diligently for years (and being a brown belt in Judo), and still not finding any did nothing to disuade these fantasies.

The guy was a licensed PT (Personal Trainer) and still did not get why forms was not the ultimate training tool.

People WANT to believe in mysteries, it's why religion is so prevalent. I'm not saying all beliefs are due to willful ignorance, but a lot of them are.

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 9:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by recourse
    Why is it frustrating?

Be pissed off--or laugh. Your choice.

Anyway, there will always be people stupid enough to fall for any supposed 'MA' as long as someone manages to vid'n'post it 'working' against a totally untrained adversary.

Let the laughter begin.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 9:19am

Style: muaythai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno

QFT. I have to stay away from those comments. I hit myself in the face too often while reading the inanity which permeates youtube martial arts videos.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast