Thread: Bukti Negara

Style
    Bukti Negara Silat

Style
    Siling Labuyo Arnis
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve357 View Post
    That's what it is, simulating hits for obvious reasons. Training is not easy and is pressure tested daily.
    The Amazing Kreskin predicts that the videos are a long series of techniques performed against a completely compliant training partner ...

... and he is right again! Give him a big hand, ladies and gentlemen!

Style
    JKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bukti Negara is still around.

Silat is an excellent art, but the fact is a lot of people don't really know enough to teach it. The sweeps of Silat especially Bukti Negara should be as effective or more effective than Judo sweeps. Most demonstrations you see on youtube fails to convince me that "their" Silat works. Most of the examples I have seen is fantasy based. I would say the people I trust most is anything by Dan Huybrechts. He is the head of Bukti Negara, and changed the name to Kuno Silat. Look for him on YouTube and decide for yourself.

Try going to the buktinegara dot com and not the pdt page to get more info. The PDT website is an offshoot of the art and not complete.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerRoger72 View Post
    Silat is an excellent art, but the fact is a lot of people don't really know enough to teach it. The sweeps of Silat especially Bukti Negara should be as effective or more effective than Judo sweeps. Most demonstrations you see on youtube fails to convince me that "their" Silat works. Most of the examples I have seen is fantasy based. I would say the people I trust most is anything by Dan Huybrechts. He is the head of Bukti Negara, and changed the name to Kuno Silat. Look for him on YouTube and decide for yourself.

Try going to the buktinegara dot com and not the pdt page to get more info. The PDT website is an offshoot of the art and not complete.
    Why don't you post some links to representative video ?

I looked at a couple and it looks way too complicated to me. So many moves done when far fewer would have gotten the job done.

Plus, didn't see anything like "judo sweeps".
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerRoger72 View Post
    The sweeps of Silat especially Bukti Negara should be as effective or more effective than Judo sweeps.
    Then why aren't silat people sweeping their way through judo competitions?

Style
    JKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Not sure if I can post links but here is one.

Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Why don't you post some links to representative video ?

I looked at a couple and it looks way too complicated to me. So many moves done when far fewer would have gotten the job done.

Plus, didn't see anything like "judo sweeps".
    Its not Judo, its Silat. There is no Gi no jacket, and hitting is allowed. So you can't rely on a grappling only situation. The sweeps and throws have to work in a different context - against a striker and a grappler.

Put this link in one string, no spaces.

youtu. be / Koc0FQk4JQA

Style
    Kodokan Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Because they don't really grapple, they just play slappy slap wing chun looking striking with an extra "trip" in the end (sometimes)?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

Style
    JKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because they don't really grapple, they just play slappy slap wing chun looking striking with an extra "trip" in the end (sometimes)?

Actually, I tend to agree. I haven't seen enough examples of sweeping, posture, position, and pressure, play an important role in Silat, except for this brand. I am guessing others out there do exist, but the issue is that most Silat in the US, comes either from Pendekar Paul's Bukti Negara (now called Kuno Silat) or from Herman Suwanda's Mande Muda Silat. The new crop of Silat that came out of these two arts are usually pretty bad, although some few might be viable. But how often do you see an actual foot sweep from an art that is supposed to be good at foot sweeps? I have looked extensively and could not find much out there other than these guys.

If you do a search on YouTube for Kuno Silat, you will see many examples of clear foot sweeps. Now again, this brand of Silat is not trying to be a grappling only art such as Judo. It focuses on a striking, grappling, or armed enemy. So what they do is strike when appropriate and control when that's appropriate. But you can see many examples sweeps, and a variety of other take downs.

Incidentally, a lot of Wing Chun is slappy. The hand work I see here is not slappy at all. You can see a clear objective to blocking, trapping, directing, countering, and striking that assists the take downs and sweeps.

Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Oh, and also ***** judoka don't allow blades in their competition...

Style
    JKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and also ***** judoka don't allow blades in their competition...

I don't know your point. Sounds like an argument for arguments sake. In the end keyboard commando work is really rather pointless. If you are interested in Silat, you have a new place to check out. If not, then not. Its immaterial and pointless to argue online.

Page 9 of 10 First ... 5678910 Last