March shouldnt be a problem.

Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Posted On:
    12/17/2008 7:34pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By March, I'll hopefully be in a new job and feel a lot more financially secure than right now, so count me in.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 5:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in for March. I've been off a lot recently with various injuries and missed the last four or so throwdowns despite intending to go. I'll be all healed up and ready to (attempt to) kick some arse.
    Dedicated to legs and the disrespecting thereof.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 5:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about Eddie Hardon?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 2:32pm

Style: Judo, BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My brother and I are in, March sounds good - the venue is just down the road from us.

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 5:49pm

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WCJudoGuy
    My brother and I are in, March sounds good - the venue is just down the road from us.
    Awesome was hoping you 2 would be up for it. Would be good to roll with you again.
    Check out my blog!:

http://jadonbjj.blogspot.com/

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2008 10:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't been to a throwdown before, but would definitely like the opportunity to meet up in March and get some friendly gi and nogi sparring in.

Unfortunately I have been out of training since mid November due to a combination of getting the flu and having another costal cartilage / costochondral junction injury. I should be up to pretty much full speed by then and back in training, but the risk of catching a full force teep or side kick to my chest is too much to warrant any Thai or MMA style sparring.

As this would be the first Uk meet I would attend, do I need to send the organizer any personal details about who I am, my experience level and the club that I train at?

Since I would be traveling from Liverpool the day before booking a cheap hotel or B & Bs for the night before is probably a good idea, if anyone has any suggestions?

Cheers.

Mark.

Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Posted On:
    12/28/2008 10:50am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfalfa
    As this would be the first Uk meet I would attend, do I need to send the organizer any personal details about who I am, my experience level and the club that I train at?
    Normally we all just turn up, introduce ourselves and then see who wants to spar. Its pretty informal, so unless Jadon is running things differently, should be fine to arrive, give him some money, then go spar with someone.

If you want an idea of how they normally run, I've got write-ups of the ones I've attended here.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2008 12:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    me and my bro will be attending, should be good fun and It would be nice to get the chance to roll with you Jadon and slideyfoot

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/29/2008 6:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slideyfoot
    Normally we all just turn up, introduce ourselves and then see who wants to spar. Its pretty informal, so unless Jadon is running things differently, should be fine to arrive, give him some money, then go spar with someone.

If you want an idea of how they normally run, I've got write-ups of the ones I've attended here.
    The write ups were helpful, you are definitely right about it being informal. I didn't think they would be run like open mats with sparring and technique sharing, seeing a few highlights of US throwdowns which showed lots of suplexes and almost full contact stand up may of given me the wrong impression.

A more relaxed format is probably a good thing, as I can't really afford to get badly injured again during the final year of my PhD.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast