Thread: Foot Stretches

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Foot Stretches

Im having an issue with my ankle. It keeps getting super sore, and now it has me limping. I dont know what to do about it, Im about to go to a Doctor, and have them look at it, but Id rather wait until Im half dead until i go to the doctor.

Here is the issue, my right ankle keeps getting soar, and I dont know why. Everything I do, I usally put 50/50 weight on each foot, so If Im doing something wrong it should be hurting the other ankle as well.

Ive been jumping rope for about 25 mins a day six days a week, but on hardwood floors. This is when I first noticed my ankle hurting. Ive since today switched to a rubber mat to jump on.

I also added weight lifting to my training about 1 month back, but Im not sure if that is it.

As for stretches. I do the 360 degree swivels with my foot, both ways a bunch of times to loosen it up. Im wondering if there is any other way to properly stretch them.

Jim

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Psyduck couldn't make it, but he sent his friend Frank.

Listen, Jim...
    1) Things do not break down in a predictable manner. One ankle hurts and the other doesn't? That's more the rule than the exception.
    2) If you're limping on a bad ankle, stop jumping on it. You may have to take a break from your martial arts training and weightlifting as well, but definitely stop skipping until it's recovered.
    3) It's a bit late to be worrying about stretching now.

Edit:
    4) Fix the spelling in your style field, dammit!
    Last edited by TheRuss; 12/15/2008 11:30pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to neg rep you the other day, but I was too late on the posting schedual.

I hate having to stop training to heal up.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to go ahead and assume that your first sentence was a gargantuan typo for "Thanks for the dose of common sense, Russ!"

You're very welcome, Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by acidcrakker
    I hate having to stop training to heal up.
    Yes, so do I. You need to find the optimum tradeoff between training and healing. Given that your ankle's been degenerating, I suspect it's closer to the "healing" end of the spectrum than you are at present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah well, thats nice.
    thxs

But for the future so this doesnt happen again. Ankle stretches????

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevate

See the doctor.

I have a messed up ankle from playing soccer years ago. I re-injure it every now and then. Instead of running, I switch to swimming or get on an Erg for a month or so until my ankle is good and ready to run again.