218358 Bullies, 6419 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/17/2008 3:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, you can take out the plug. Not only that, you can usually buy a tube extender for pump shotguns so you can throw in two extra shells.

Unfortunately, you won't find an extension for your Charles Daly. It is manufactured in Turkey. Imported shotguns can't hold more than five shells. That is why if you buy an extension, you will find that the threads don't match up to the threads on your shotgun.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 12:24am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor
    That looks like one of those Charles Daley "Field Tactical" 12-gauges. They're not bad---considering when they were popular, they were selling for right around $145.00.
    I've still got one and it works great to this day. Not a bad "zombie" 12 gauge, Sir.
    I certainly recommend removing the plug. Don't be THAT guy who leaves it in.
    Youn are spot on with the make and manufacturer. I paid $210 for it. I got it because I was buying another rifle at the time, I always wanted a shotgun, and if you buy more than one at the same time you only have to pay the background check fee once. I wasn't sure about the brand, but I firgured it's cheap enough that in the unleikely event that it turned out to be a peice of ****, I could write it off as a range-only weapon and get a more robust model at a later time. Good to know it comes with some kind of recomendation.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 1:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkido_keith
    Thanks for the info. The shotgun is intended for home defence and extra firepower in the event of a possible zombie apocolypse. I don't know about local laws here off the top of my head, but I can't imagine California having less restricive gun laws than Texas.
    I can...

*sniff*
    Last edited by Jim_Jude; 12/20/2008 2:30am at .
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    12/21/2008 1:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ags1999
    Keith,
    You will not experience any mechanical problems from removing the plug. However, there may be a legal issue. Are you using this for hunting? In Texas, it is illegal for your shotgun to hold more than 3 shells total. Removing the magazine "plug" will get you in pretty big trouble. I would check the laws in your area. The plug can be removed from pretty much any shotgun to hold 2 additional shells in the magazine.
    According the the TWPD Web site, the magazine restriction on shotguns only applies when hunting migratory game birds. http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...al/hunt/means/ AFAIK, this restriction is based on Federal law and applies to all states. I'll ask a friend of mine at TPWD for clarification, but I'm pretty sure that if your hunting wild hogs or the like, that you can use a shotgun with any magazine capacity you like. Woe unto thee, I would suspect, if you have an obvious fowling piece loaded with bird shot and the magazine plub removed.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12