Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 10:02pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course I could try to sling my .454 and carry that.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 11:40pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really like older S&W .357 magnums. That little wooden grip somehow just fits so comfortably and perfectly in my hand, even though I don't have small hands.

However, I wouldn't carry a revolver because I'd be concerned about the lack of a safety.

(I don't carry anyway.)
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/16/2008 8:34am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Modern revolvers are VERY safe. The hammer is mechanically incapable of striking the pin unless the trigger is fully squeezed. There is a safety plate that stays over the firing pin even while cocked. Only a full squeeze of the trigger allows that plate to move. So if my weapon is cocked, and I drop/whack it hard enough to drop the hammer, the hammer falls on a metal plate, and not the firing pin.

I find that more safe than having a grip, thumb and trigger safety like modern automatics.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

Posted On:
    12/16/2008 11:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't carry, nor have a need to carry, but if i was somehow magically able to get a CCW permit i'd carry mexican, and cross body draw. you can get some pretty sweet holsters designed to clip into the front of your pants, and if you wear a loose polo or a nice untucked shirt, it's pretty well hidden. if it's in the right spot, it shouldn't need to be adjusted when you sit down, and you should be able to draw from a seated position. good place to carry if you're driving.

I also like revolvers. My #1 choice for CC would be a ruger super redhawk alaskan 2" in .45. you could practically carry it in your front pocket, and one shot ought to put down most attackers.
    Last edited by Neildo; 12/16/2008 12:01pm at .
    :new_all_c

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2008 2:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Self-defense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nutcracker
    I don't carry, nor have a need to carry, but if i was somehow magically able to get a CCW permit i'd carry mexican, and cross body draw. you can get some pretty sweet holsters designed to clip into the front of your pants, and if you wear a loose polo or a nice untucked shirt, it's pretty well hidden. if it's in the right spot, it shouldn't need to be adjusted when you sit down, and you should be able to draw from a seated position. good place to carry if you're driving.

I also like revolvers. My #1 choice for CC would be a ruger super redhawk alaskan 2" in .45. you could practically carry it in your front pocket, and one shot ought to put down most attackers.
    My understanding of the Mexican carry is that it uses no holster, simply stashing you handgun inside your pants (which has a number of documented problems and accidental firing.) IWB holsters typically solve these problems.

Any cross draw (at least from your weak side hip) is ghastly and dangerous in my opinion. Notice that it is a regulation for many US Federal and local policing agencies that cross draw is not permitted. Other than putting everyone you draw across in your line of fire (and triggers sometimes are pulled when you cross draw), it's much slower than just carrying hip strong side. The only advantage cross draw has is for car, although that is even dubious.

Speaking about car/handgun tactics, do any of you change your carry to adjust to the vehicle? I rarely do, although a friend of mine has a 4.11 Tactical holster that can be attached to your vehicle's console, and you can transfer your gun. This makes for a very fast car draw, although I have never purchased one or used it extensively.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2008 4:36pm

Style: Monkey-See-Monkey-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have carried professionally a S&W .357 revolver on my hip, and in a shoulder rig when doing a POTUS and Sec State security detail. The shoulder rig presents a problem when drawing your weapon for lots of people because they muzzle sweep everybody while getting on target. You draw down across the floor and up to your target...

I have carried a SIG P220 and a different, custom S&W .357 snubby as a PI. The Sig rode in an appendix holster usually, depending on what I was wearing.

Cross draw is a bad idea unless you've somehow lost the use of your arm between the time when you armed yourself and when you need to draw. It is slow, and looks dumb as hell.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/16/2008 4:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I carry either my Jericho941/Baby Eagle in a .45(steel frame) and 9mm (polymer frame) or my GLOCK 19. I carry them either in an inside pant holster or a shoulder rig when I'm wearing my jacket and don't plan on being inside.

I carry my Glock 26 in my pocket but I still need a grip extender for that.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/16/2008 6:04pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How does that baby eagle feel with IWB carry?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2008 6:15pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I carry a 9mm S&W with a ten round clip (can you even get those anymore?) with a side holster when out of the vehicle and in the vehicle I have taken a side holster and made a mount between the seat and center console for long distance travel (Texas is a pretty big state lol)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2008 6:51pm

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I carry IWB either small of back or front right. I usually carry my Kahr P9 rarely my sig 220 if it is cold and I am wearing lots of cloths. I know a lot of folks carry snub .38/.357 in fanny packs I always feel like a goober doing so though.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast