Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 1:42pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What do you carry, and how do you carry it?

I have a Taurus Model 66 7-shot .357. It is not huge, but I am curious as to how people carry their guns on this forum.

I have Hogue grips on it right now, and if I carry strong-side front or hip, it sticks out way too much. I have no problem carrying in the small of my back, but it is a real slow draw. I wear blazers a lot, so i was thinking of a a shoulder rig.

I live in CT, so imprinting can get me in trouble.

Just curious as to what y'all carry and how you carry it.
    :qleft6:
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 3:33pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nobody?

I'm the only wheelgun guy in all of bullshido?
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 4:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Self-defense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a Model 396 Airlite Ti and a nice ankle holster to go with. I carry the 396 mainly when going to and from work (its small size and ankle holster make it easy to conceal.)

Revolvers are a dieing breed, but they are certainly reliable and concealable.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 9:17pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HOw big is the airlite 396? I have a 605 with a 2" barrel in .357 that I'm thinking of using an ankle holster for. Are ankle holsters annoying? do they slip, etc?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 9:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My 396 has a 3" L frame. And 605s are very, very nice :)

Ankle carry takes some getting used to, and you have to practice drawing from your ankle, but once you get used to it, it works just dandy. If you buy an ankle holster, first test it (before purchasing it if possible) by running/walking/jumping and make sure it can fit under your pants without creating too much of a bulge. Perhaps the most important thing is to train yourself to be able to quick draw from your ankle, which can be very difficult at first.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 9:43pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love my 605. It was my first gun. I have nearly 3000 rounds through it and it has never misfired. Not once.

Ever wear a shoulder rig?

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 9:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph the Glass-Nosed Reindeer
    Are ankle holsters annoying? do they slip, etc?
    I asked a gun enthusiast I know if he could run or defend himself with his SW something or other( it was little , blued steel , very heavy, and shot .357 ) in his ankle holster . He said " I carry a gun so I don't have to run or fight with my hands anymore "

Which leads me to believe he :
    a. is stupid
    b. thinks they will interfere with physical activities that don't involve shooting people ... I think back to belief a. and assume they must make some that don't suck ass . Maybe even some custom work could be made to work for your needs .

I never understood why anyone would want an ankle holster to began with . Usually the neck knife , steel throwing cards , the tanto , the mag light , the tire iron , the shotgun , the other handgun , combat shovel , machete , tazer , and whatever else the average person who has an ankle holster has with them or in their car , deters most threats which would put you in an Oh **** I need a gun on my ankle position .

but seriously ? A couple people I know swear by them , especially when they are wearing nice clothes .

I know my favorite tanto rides nicely on the inside of the leg , but not on the outside . I would think a snub nose would fit in there better , if you have some nice calves .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 9:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a shoulder holster for my Glock 19, but I rarely use it. I mainly carry ankle and side, it's just for some reason I don't like carrying under my arm. IMO, side carry is the best overall, but certainly not good for concealing. Underarm offers a good amount of concealment, although you can usually tell when someone packs. And your ankle is rarely ever considered, which gives you excellent concealment, regardless of the bulge (which can be easily eliminated with the right ankle holster. )

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 9:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas Spirit
    I asked a gun enthusiast I know if he could run or defend himself with his SW something or other( it was little , blued steel , very heavy, and shot .357 ) in his ankle holster . He said " I carry a gun so I don't have to run or fight with my hands anymore "

Which leads me to believe he :
    a. is stupid
    b. thinks they will interfere with physical activities that don't involve shooting people ... I think back to belief a. and assume they must make some that don't suck ass . Maybe even some custom work could be made to work for your needs .

I never understood why anyone would want an ankle holster to began with . Usually the neck knife , steel throwing cards , the tanto , the mag light , the tire iron , the shotgun , the other handgun , combat shovel , machete , tazer , and whatever else the average person who has an ankle holster has with them or in their car , deters most threats which would put you in an Oh **** I need a gun on my ankle position .

but seriously ? A couple people I know swear by them , especially when they are wearing nice clothes .

I know my favorite tanto rides nicely on the inside of the leg , but not on the outside . I would think a snub nose would fit in there better , if you have some nice calves .
    I think mobility has to be the first decider in selecting an ankle carry, if one pursues that path. If you can't roll around or run, well you are fucked. I like to pack the ankle holster on the inside of the left leg, which makes drawing very easy, and although you have to adjust your gait, is fine for running.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 9:59pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wear boots most of the time too. I expect that will be a problem.

I wear kilts sometimes. Maybe an inner thigh holster...

But seriously, I like the 7-shot M66 right now. Ankle is just not an option for that beast.

It's small of the back for now, until I get a shoulder rig to try.
    Last edited by Scrapper; 12/15/2008 10:02pm at .

Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast