Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 12:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: NOKAOI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Come and visit the Nokaoi System

On November 21 2010 1PM at 6723 Comstock, Whittier CA, there will be an open Seminar on the Advance techniques of Limalma Nokaoi. In the fellowship of the arts, GM Richard Nunez of Nokaoi is inviting all martial
    artists to execute, perform and experience these fighting techniques.
    No sitting around listening to lectures, we will have everyone go through
    5 stations in rotation of weapons, self defense-street and the special
    hand techniques of Nokaoi. If you have any questions on the history of
    Nokaoi system or you would like to talk to Master Nunez, please go do to our
    website www.nokaoi-online.com and you find all the information you will need.
    For over 50 yrs. GM Nunez has taught the arts and is greatly honored when anyone asks for his help in instructing that someone to be the best he or she
    can be.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 2:08pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Limanokaoi View Post
    On November 21 2010 1PM at 6723 Comstock, Whittier CA, there will be an open Seminar on the Advance techniques of Limalma Nokaoi. In the fellowship of the arts, GM Richard Nunez of Nokaoi is inviting all martial
    artists to execute, perform and experience these fighting techniques.
    No sitting around listening to lectures, we will have everyone go through
    5 stations in rotation of weapons, self defense-street and the special
    hand techniques of Nokaoi. If you have any questions on the history of
    Nokaoi system or you would like to talk to Master Nunez, please go do to our
    website www.nokaoi-online.com and you find all the information you will need.
    For over 50 yrs. GM Nunez has taught the arts and is greatly honored when anyone asks for his help in instructing that someone to be the best he or she
    can be.
    I've just banned your other account be thankful I chose not to ban this one ^.

One account per user.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 2:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Filipino Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well Mexico is PLAGED with LimaLama Mcdojos, limalama is like American Kenpo just badlier (is this a word?) the tecnikes are just not eficient ther just funny and flashie i call Bulshido on LimaLama if you are intrestes in a similar sistem go to American Kenpo al least its the original stuff "MASTER TINO" was a student of Master Parker before LimaLama was in existens. (yea there some that say its not thrue but it is) :pity:

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 10:20am

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pau View Post
    Well Mexico is PLAGED with LimaLama Mcdojos, limalama is like American Kenpo just badlier (is this a word?) the tecnikes are just not eficient ther just funny and flashie i call Bulshido on LimaLama if you are intrestes in a similar sistem go to American Kenpo al least its the original stuff "MASTER TINO" was a student of Master Parker before LimaLama was in existens. (yea there some that say its not thrue but it is) :pity:
    First off yes Limalama in Mexico as aweful. Most of what I see down there is an embarrasment, worse than tkd in many ways even. Second that doesn't mean that real Limalama is bullshido, just that most Limalama in Mexico is. Third Tino was not a student of Ed Parker. They worked together and exchanged ideas. There is a lot of push pull between American Kenpo and Limalama on this. One side says Tino was Parkers teacher and the other says Parker was Tino's teacher. The truth, I think, lies in the middle. They trained together and shared ideas and techniques of their individual styles.

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 1:42pm

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are there any videos of it not sucking cock? It looks dreadful.

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 3:44pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sadly its difficult to find very much on youtube that isn't the Mexican McDojo Limalama. There is a great deal of problems within the organization (I use the term very loosely) and exceedingly poor standards of instruction among instructors, not to mention outdated training methods. I've seen some good sparring video from I think the 70s but none of it appears to be on youtube. I've found a few example of what Limalama is suppose to resemble but even in these cases its not sparring just technique demos.

This is an old one of Grandmaster Tino. Its him basically playing around and showing some of the breaks and such used in Samoan martial arts.
    YouTube - Limalama's Grand Master Tino Tuiolosega

These two are examples of the "splashing hands" that is a part of Limalama introduced to the art by "Tiny" Lefiti.
    YouTube - Limalama's Haumea 'Tiny' Lefiti
    YouTube - Limalama's traditional "Splashing Hands" Techniques

Then you've also got the offshoots of Limalama
    matrix system as one example, you can be the judge of this yourself I dont have to say anything ;)
    YouTube - Al Garza - Matrix System - Martial Art

Then you have what is going on in Mexico....
    YouTube - lima lama La Ultima Defensa

In a nutshell Limalama was originally intended to be a no frills system. It deals a lot with infighting, breaking joints and the kicks are all low and usually intended for the groin or to damage the knees, none of this spinning jump kick BS. Striking with the hands, elbows and forearms is dominant in the system and is comprised of an interesting blend of splashing palms, western boxing and Samoan traditional systems like the Lua.

Due to exceedingly poor standards over the last 20 years or so (and a shamefully large amount of greed and belt selling) Limalama has been degraded to flashy forms for tournaments and not enough hard contact MMA style sparring which is what it really needs to weed out this crap. As much as it pains me to say it in most places there are not any Limalama schools worth attending.

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 4:50pm

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll take your word for it that it was intended as a 'hard' style, it still looks awful.

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 6:11pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, thanks for your honest opinion. For a system intended to be "no frills" it sure is looking pretty frilly. Shame.

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 5:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: NOKAOI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GM Tino as no student of Ed Parker's. Tino was part of Parker's organization and if Parker needed someone to muscle out a Kenpo school, he send Tino or Tiny. I know this
    because my instructor was visited by Tiny and a few other Hawaiians, but they stop any
    threat because they found out of the association we had with Parker. Back in the sixties
    if you had a school you could be challenged.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 5:48pm

Style: Limalama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Some stuff about limalama that im not talking about but im going to quote you just to get your attention because im pretty sure I can't pm until i get more posts.
    I see you live in california, do you train with Master Rudy?

Also OP, if they don't encourage you as the attacker to try to hit the defender as hard as you can, and actually hit the person if they cant use the block/lock/whatever then the style is not going to be effective. If you don't train like its real, every time, your not going be able to pull it off....even then, some of the fancier stuff seems a little iffy, but thats just imo. Go and look at a class of the limalama your considering taking, if they don't hit hard during everything, your better off in something else.
    Last edited by donoraen; 11/10/2010 5:56pm at .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast