Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2008 8:41pm

Style: ex-wrestling, boxing newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Romans do the same thing?

Posted On:
    12/14/2008 8:46pm

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealknife
    If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Romans do the same thing?
    But the Roman Legions used a system wherein soldiers owed allegiance to their generals, rather than to the people of Rome. Our system is intentionally designed to prevent military leaders from wielding political influence.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Posted On:
    12/14/2008 9:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark
    What's more important to you: citizenship by birth or citizenship by earning it?
    False dichotomy. The answer is "both".

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/14/2008 9:51pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrm1775
    Sounds like its just an expansion of the current policy. It hasn't caused any problems so far.

I say if someone is willing to earn their citizenship by serving this country, let them. Too many people who were born here take it for granted.
    I served with people who were in the military on green cards.

In general, most had a better appreciation for the US than many of us born here.

For those who have never experienced other countries, they have no concept of just how lucky they are to have been born in the US.

(admitted US nutrider, but acknowledge we are but one of many)

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 5:14am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The UK lets Ghurka soldiers fight and die for us then tries to deport their wives, our government are fucking scumbags. Your country gives citizenship priority to it's forces people, got to be better.

http://machiavellitheprince.blogspot...eant-dura.html
    Last edited by adouglasmhor; 12/15/2008 5:22am at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 10:54am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adouglasmhor
    The UK lets Ghurka soldiers fight and die for us then tries to deport their wives, our government are fucking scumbags. Your country gives citizenship priority to it's forces people, got to be better.

http://machiavellitheprince.blogspot...eant-dura.html

Not to mention your government's blatant nutriding of Muslim immigrants and your court systems recognizing Sharia muslim law as a valid justice system within the UK...(not to mention the retarded knife and gun bans over there). Hopefully our British brothers overseas will wake the hell up and toss the entire dirty lot out of Parliament and fix what's wrong before you go downhill much further.

Don't take it personally, though....we're going through the same thing over here, albeit more slowly...but it will occur unless we as voters (or gun owners :thumbsup:) take matters into our own hands...through education, undoing the brainwashing going on in our public school systems, and certainly taking control of the House, Senate, and Court systems and undo a lot of damage that has been done over the past 30 years.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 11:28am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Being active Army JAG Corps, I get to see the "citizens" that we spend so much time, money, and effort recruiting being disciplined, punished, court-martialed, and kicked out, for all manner of minor bullshit. Sometimes they really do need to go, minor offenses notwithstanding; they're detrimental to good order and discipline, and they just get in the way of getting things done (the phrase goes "you spend 90% of your time on 10% of your Soldiers," hence we call them "90/10 Soldiers").

That being said, I can't help but have my bullshit meter top out and threaten to blow :bsflag: when I see folks who want to be here, who are contributing and working hard, kicked because they like to hump someone of their same gender. So what!?!? What is it that makes a homosexual American any less capable of serving than a heterosexual American? For that matter, from where I sit, the heteros are doing all sorts of weird, perverse **** anyway (all in the privacy of their Governmentally provided quarters), so arguments about the immorality of homos vs. heteros fail epically the minute they're brought to the table.

If someone wants to serve, let them. We let all races in, we let all religions coexist. There's plenty of heteros that like butt-humping, so what's the real issue?

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 11:38am

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can they be deployed in the USA? Or is it only on foreign soil...and are the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans the new Rubicon???

Infidel

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 12:35pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    American militaries whole powerful anti-gay thing comes from the still deeply rooted christian and religious circles found in the upper ech of all the branches.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    12/15/2008 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    False dichotomy. The answer is "both".
    No its not. It is subjective though. Personally I think assuming someones loyalty because they were born there is stupid. Loyalty is a choice, just like everything else in American society.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast