Sponsored Links Spacer Image

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 3:21pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are actual videos of Oyama fighting bulls. Like on Youtube. Are they faked or it isn't actually Oyama?

Ok I reread the OP I can't tell a Bull from an Ox. :(
    Last edited by WhiteShark; 5/20/2010 3:25pm at .

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 4:19pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of interesting stuff in there. In my few months in kyokushin, I'd definitely heard a lot of stories. I mean, it wasn't hard to tell a lot of them were blown out of proportion for the sake of the story, but I never would have figured so much of it to be outright lies.

Also, this guy's grandmother must be a serious badass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 12:00am

Style: not training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, all my illusions shattered.

**** Mark, I didn't know he (Parker) was dead. Just read that and looked it up and sitting here with tears in my eyes. I was hoping for another Spenser (like the poet, not the gun).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 1:30am

Style: 空手/HNIR

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    I will only say that my understanding is exactly the same as Bluming Sensei.

PS: I have gotten in trouble for saying this before too; but while Bluming is a very tough guy, he is NOT one of the good guys.

You will need to have read the Spencer series by the late Robert Parker to understand the context of that.
    Bluming has been involved in some big time kyokushin drama. He has also fallen out with alot of people. I'm not following it really closely, but I believe he has been kicked out of his own IBK organisation.

For the Dutch/Flemish speaking posters here: search the mixfight forums for Bluming and IBK, the drama thread is 20 pages long or something, where all the old grudges are being fought out.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 5:03am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan_sicari View Post
    Damn, all my illusions shattered.

**** Mark, I didn't know he (Parker) was dead. Just read that and looked it up and sitting here with tears in my eyes. I was hoping for another Spenser (like the poet, not the gun).
    Sorry to spring it on you like that. It was a huge shock for me back in January. I have been a huge fan from day one, and highly recommend his work to everyone.

I know he has another Spenser book finished. I am not sure what is left. One hopes he wrote a definitive ending to the series to prevent someone from taking it over and killing it.

That said, lets be honest, Spenser was a Korean War vet; that would make him about 80 now, and kinda unable to do what was in the books these days. It was time for a reset of the time line.

But he created one of the greatest characters in all of Detective fiction, right up there with Sherlock Holmes and Nero Wolfe. He will be missed.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 6:05am

Style: Hybrid Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the bullhorns were pre-sawed, eh? On the other hand Bluming says that he did not see Oyama fight anyone. But there is a video of him sparring a student. Dont know how they could have faked that... unless he was pre-sawed as well.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 6:24am

supporting member
     Style: Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WOW. shattered my perception also. sooo....... are these other stories about Mas Oyama true or fabricated?

-Mas Oyama VS the Black Cobra at Lumpinee Stadium 1954- it is said Oyama defeated him with an elbow strike followed by a "triple aerial kick".

-Mas Oyama VS "Mr. Chen"- Mas Oyama traveled to Hong Kong shortly after his Thailand competitions to learn more about Chinese martial science since its the parent art to Karate, so he was refered to Mr. Chen, an old Taiji master

who neutralized all of Oyama's attacks and whooped his ass, after training with him for a while more and being able to take on Mr. Chen's senior student, this is how Mas Oyama

came to incorporate some Taiji principles into Kyokushin's form and techniques.

True or Fabrication? i havent had a chance to check out the reading material presented in the thread but gonna add those to the amazon shopping cart.

interesting stuff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 6:26am

Style: 空手/HNIR

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cum grano salis my friend ;-)

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 6:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSpiridonov View Post
    So the bullhorns were pre-sawed, eh? On the other hand Bluming says that he did not see Oyama fight anyone. But there is a video of him sparring a student. Dont know how they could have faked that... unless he was pre-sawed as well.
    This?
    YouTube- Mas Oyama Fighting
    Colour me unconvinced.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 6:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soju_King View Post
    -Mas Oyama VS the Black Cobra at Lumpinee Stadium 1954- it is said Oyama defeated him with an elbow strike followed by a "triple aerial kick".
    You seriously need to ask whether this happened or not? Corruption of what happened in 63 when a trio of Oyama dojo fighters did go and fight in Thailand, winning 2-1 (primarily because they were a lot better at throwing than the Thais). Here's one of the fights:
    YouTube- Rawee vs. Kenji Kurosaki
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast