Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/12/2008 11:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then all he will do with shadowboxing is produce bad habits. He should stop until he has an instructor. I can't imagine how people think they'll improve without an instructor.

Posted On:
    12/12/2008 12:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Yell swear words on each punch & kick. Try to not use the exact same phrase twice.

2. Spin around as fast as you can for 30 seconds before you begin shadowboxing. If your head starts to clear, repeat.

3. Do your shadowboxing naked outside on your front lawn. Try as much as possible to swing your penis around, it'll help the hip rotation on your punches.

Okay, seriously, what Eddie said, get a mirror. Supposedly you've had formal boxing training, so you should be able to shadowbox (not kickbox) in front of a mirror at least pick up if you're telegraphing.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/12/2008 2:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry for posting in the wrong place.....
    its not that i dont like shadow boxing its just that it seems to be getting redundent. I know that happens after awhile, but i wouldnt think i would this fast. I know there has to bb ways to keep it interesting.....i was just hoping that yall might have some suggestion..the thing is i know how to box and the proper techquines and all that when it comes to boxing because i used to take boxing lessons but i havent ever really even seem anyone "mma shadow box" so im sure im leaveing out something out ...so i was just asking for suggestion on new things to try while shadow boxing

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/12/2008 2:21pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "1. Yell swear words on each punch & kick. Try to not use the exact same phrase twice.

2. Spin around as fast as you can for 30 seconds before you begin shadowboxing. If your head starts to clear, repeat.

3. Do your shadowboxing naked outside on your front lawn. Try as much as possible to swing your penis around, it'll help the hip rotation on your punches."

.......wow ....how did you know?....i already do that

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/12/2008 2:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if this isnt the right forum then what forum would a question about shadow boxing belong?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/12/2008 2:56pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jstringfellow
    sorry for posting in the wrong place.....
    its not that i dont like shadow boxing its just that it seems to be getting redundent. I know that happens after awhile, but i wouldnt think i would this fast. I know there has to bb ways to keep it interesting.....i was just hoping that yall might have some suggestion..the thing is i know how to box and the proper techquines and all that when it comes to boxing because i used to take boxing lessons but i havent ever really even seem anyone "mma shadow box" so im sure im leaveing out something out ...so i was just asking for suggestion on new things to try while shadow boxing
    You are not trying to shadow box, you are trying to device an exercise via shadow boxing. Which is not a bad thing, but it is not an appropriate topic for the forum where you first posted the question.

Quote Originally Posted by jstringfellow
    if this isnt the right forum then what forum would a question about shadow boxing belong?
    Again, you are not asking about shadow boxing. You are asking about how to device an exercise based on shadow boxing that does not bore you. It is a vague question, not a question about striking or striking techniques.

The strikeistan forum, as it clearly states, it's a moderated forum to discuss striking techniques. Given that you are not asking for striking techniques questions and that you are not asking about shadow boxing (despite the fact you believe you do), then the strikeistan forum was not the place for you to post this.

The mods have already moved your post to the appropriate forum. Pay attention.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 12/12/2008 3:00pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    12/12/2008 3:57pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try getting an interval timer of some kind and adding in double sprawls every 10 seconds. I wouldn't say it will make it more interesting, but it will certainly make it more of an exercise.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    12/13/2008 1:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me? I fucking love shadowboxing. I do it all the time.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12