Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 11:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ,muaythai,aikido,kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cleaning inside of Boxing Gloves

So I train about 4 days a week. And I've tried Lysoling the inside of them gloves but that doesnt really work. Im a pretty boy and I hate sweating and smellin, despite training I still hate sweat.

What's the best way to clean the inside of the gloves [boxing 12 ounce] so they dont smell as bad

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 11:51am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a product called Odor-Blocker I found at the hockey shop near my house that claims to kill bacteria and kill odor.

I also use one of those odor absorbing canisters in my goalie bag (not necessary in my sparring bag).

Otherwise, try Fabreeze.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 12:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fabreese and odor absorbing will help the odor, but will not acually clean the inside of the gloves.....what i suggest is squirting some hand sanitizer in the gloves and then wipe it out. or just use a baby wipe

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 1:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys do remember that boxing gloves are made of leather and alcohol-based gels aren't exactly the best thing to use on leather products.......

For daily cleaning get some Armor-All Leather Wipes and put one in your hand and then insert it into the glove using the natural formation of your fist to clean the areas your hand touches.

For protection of the gloves to make them last, use a little (very little) mink oil on the insides where your hands rest. It will help protect the leather and make it softer.

For periodic cleaning (once a week to once a month) go to a Tack and Saddle shop and buy some EquiGene Anti-bacterial Leather Cleaner which is used to clean saddles that rest upon the horse's back.

Mind you, the mink oil and EquiGene is for the INSIDE of the gloves and you don't need to be getting that **** in your partner's eyes. The Armor-All wipes should be OK for the outside, provided you dry them off properly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 1:34pm

Style: Krav Maga (4), BJJ white

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And you can take pride in the fact that you practice often enough to really stink up a set of gloves.

BJJ/MT in Memphis...MJJ? I go there.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 2:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "king moonracer" good point about gloves being made of leather, but now a day alot of the training glove are made of vinly or something like that.
    i do admit that the hand sanitizers thing prolly isnt that smart thought so im gonna stop doin that, but the baby wipe wouldnt hurt the gloves, would they? plus they are cheaper and more common

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 2:36pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jstringfellow
    "king moonracer" good point about gloves being made of leather, but now a day alot of the training glove are made of vinly or something like that.
    i do admit that the hand sanitizers thing prolly isnt that smart thought so im gonna stop doin that, but the baby wipe wouldnt hurt the gloves, would they? plus they are cheaper and more common
    I don't even clean the outside of my gloves though I should. I personally use a dessicant pack I got from a guy at the gym - he gets them from work and they absorb some of the moisture, which will cause less bacteria to grow on the inside of your gloves, which is where the funky smell comes from. I tried washing mine in the washing machine at the recommendation of another guy at the gym. BAD IDEA

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 3:47pm

Style: BJJ, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have this prooblem with motorcycle gloves. i have many pairs. When they start to stink i put them in the freezer for a week. the stink is cuased by bacteria, and the freezer kills them. you can also leave them out and not in your bag, like outside over night, that should help keep bugs from growing in them

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 3:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In that case, you can put them in the sunlight or put them under a UV light, which will kill the bacteria.

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 3:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I keep clorox wipes in my bag.

The Odor Blocker does kill bacteria
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast