Sponsored Links Spacer Image

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/09/2008 12:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who cares?! Do you want to fight or wear a dress?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    12/09/2008 12:47pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrm1775
    I have heard that a diet rich in omega-3's, particularly flax seed, has been shown to slow hairloss. In fact, my hair, which is naturally a little thin but has never started to recede, actually seems a little fuller since I started adding ground flax to my protein shakes.

Its good for you anyway.
    ^^Truth! I do have thicker hair and I totally atribute it to Flax seed oil. HOWEVER.. I have also noticed that after taking alot of flax seed oil over a extended time I also get crazy long eyebrow hairs I have to pluck and the hair in my ears started growing! So not all positives ... ( I take 2000mg of flax oil wich is about 100mg omega-3 )
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2008 1:16pm

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van
    over a extended time I also get crazy long eyebrow hairs I have to pluck and the hair in my ears started growing!
    Ah, so that's what that is. My eyebrow hairs have started going curly and even reaching down into my eyeballs. It looks completely mental if I don't straighten them out (with spit and fingers - I don't have a whole morning routine with hair irons or anything.) I just figured it was crazy old man hair.

As for losing it - if it's going, please learn to let it go. There is nothing more tragic that trying to cover it up with a comb-over, or, even worse, trying to compensate by growing it long in other places. There is no cure for baldness, and every time I see ads for those hair treatment "clinics" on tv, I want to weep for the men who are so pained by their natural hair loss that they have to resort to being robbed by snake oil salesmen.

Wigs, however, I completely approve of. Make sure you get a nice bushy auburn one that doesn't match your side-burns.

Posted On:
    12/09/2008 1:32pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pedro for president.
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].

Posted On:
    12/09/2008 3:37pm

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by glf
    As for losing it - if it's going, please learn to let it go. There is nothing more tragic that trying to cover it up with a comb-over, or, even worse, trying to compensate by growing it long in other places. There is no cure for baldness, and every time I see ads for those hair treatment "clinics" on tv, I want to weep for the men who are so pained by their natural hair loss that they have to resort to being robbed by snake oil salesmen.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2008 3:59pm

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrm1775
    Hahaha, excellent! There's your options right there.

(btw - in this thread the OP is worried about losing it, while in another, he's waxing it. Dude, hair: friend or foe? You can't go on all conflicted like this.)

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2008 7:59pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo, MMA and Kids Jiu-Jitsu Style: Boxing, Mom-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At your next physical, get your thyroid checked. One fo the symptoms of hypothyroidism is hair loss. Might not be your problem, but worth checking out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2008 8:39am

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by glf
    Hahaha, excellent! There's your options right there.

(btw - in this thread the OP is worried about losing it, while in another, he's waxing it. Dude, hair: friend or foe? You can't go on all conflicted like this.)
    bahaha, i was waiting for someone to point that out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2008 9:37pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's been some anecdotal evidence that Nizoral shampoo can help with hair-loss. Nizoral used to be a prescription only anti-dandruff shampoo but became an over the counter product a few years ago. If you want to try it use a few days a week and make sure it massage it into the scalp.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12