Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/08/2007 2:49pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Teh Cutting Weight, Pre-Fight Recovery (and Colonics) Thread (Updated Regularly)

Well, apparently there is no dedicated thread for discussing weight cutting. So here it's one. The first half of this post is to give links to external articles on weight cutting as well as recent threads where the subject was on weight cutting.

The second half is about what kind of **** can be posted here. So here we go.

Take a look at the following links. Be smart when you read the information provided by those links, provided you understand the following:

The opinions expressed in this forum reflect those of individual members and do not constitute advice or recommendations from this website or its staff on diet or training.

This forum is to discuss your personal experiences and ideas on physical training, diet, and health in general. Follow any advice given here at your own risk and always consult your physician before starting any new diet or exercise program.

GrappleArts.com "How To Cut Weight" : http://www.grapplearts.com/How-to-Cut-Weight.html

TheWrestlingMall.com "Losing and maintaining weight" : http://www.thewrestlingmall.com/spec...ght/weight.asp

Ezinearticles.com "How To Cut Weight For Wrestling!" : http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Cut...ing!&id=116041

The Dangers of Cutting Weight : http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...cutting+weight

Cutting Weight : http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...cutting+weight

You are also welcome to post your experiences and recommendations (or links to other sources of quality information on the subject.) If you post recommendations and experiences, please do so with the understanding that you have actually done it. No bullshit here.

So please contribute if you can indicating the following:

• what you did (including colonics),
    • what you eat,
    • what you could have done better,
    • for what type of event,
    • were the weight-in the same as the event or the day prior,
    • etc, etc, etc.

If you have already made a post commenting your weight cutting strategy, just feel free to quote it here, prepended with the link to your post (or to the thread where the post is).

This is one example post, which many may find useful.

8 pounds, 8 days : http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...cutting+weight

Quote Originally Posted by Asia the Invincible
    I would recommend not doing this but if you must you must. This is what I did to drop 10lbs in a week.

For the first 5 days cut all carbs out your diet. Drink water if you need some flavor squirt in some lemon juice or drink tea with no sugar. Eat as lean as possible. Fish, chicken breast, veggies. The night before make sure you don't eat anything at least 3 hrs before bed. Wake up and weight yourself. If you are good have a small breakfast and monitor your weight throughout the day. Weight in then have a big steak (lean) and pasta (whole grain) dinner. Also have a good meal for breakfast.
    Keep it on topic. No unfunny jokes irrelevant to the topic at hand, and no thread hijacking/derailing.

Thanks and happy colonics. :tongue6:

Spoiler:
    Cake+ Colonics =/= cutting weight

Last edited by Teh El Macho; 6/08/2007 3:44pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 3:50pm

Style: BJJ/no-gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Colonics aren't meant for cutting weight but i suppose some cake-eaters will try anything.

Has anyone here actually had one? My tutor can't speak highly enough of them and the enhanced feeling of well being after having one. Must say i'm tempted!

As for the weight thing it is an obvious side effect but if you have an efficient digestive system you won't see much loss.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 2:49am

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are going to do a cutting thread then IMO it just as, if not more, important to cover post cutting pre fight recovery after weigh ins. Seriously, what's the point of cutting weight if you are just going too be whiped out to fight????
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 1:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    If you are going to do a cutting thread then IMO it just as, if not more, important to cover post cutting pre fight recovery after weigh ins. Seriously, what's the point of cutting weight if you are just going too be whiped out to fight????
    That's a good question. I've never cut weight, and I don't think I'll ever will, but we get these deja-vuesque threads and posts asking for advice.

You have a good point, though. How to cut weight and what to do to recover from it before after weight ins, any suggestions are welcomed. I'm changing the thread title to reflect this.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 2:13pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I accidently posted as Kidspatula yesterday, but anyways.

Generally when I have to cut weight I'll do an enema or laxative and that generally knocks off a poundor two.

But the bulk of it is done by smearing albolene make up remover all over ones body, and i do mean all over, one then puts on a sauna suit, then one puts on a couple hoodies andmaybe some jogging pants.

You'll start sweating just sitting around.

Move around and you'll sweat more.

Sit in a sauna and you'll sweat tons.

Move around in a sauna and the sweat will just pour out of your sleeves.

The sauna is hell, however, and I recommend avoiding it if one can.

Also if you do use the sweat method to cut weight then dont make the mistake of chuggingwater right after, it's tempting but eat some ice cubes instead.

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 10:23am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I accidently posted as Kidspatula yesterday, but anyways.

Generally when I have to cut weight I'll do an enema or laxative and that generally knocks off a poundor two.

But the bulk of it is done by smearing albolene make up remover all over ones body, and i do mean all over, one then puts on a sauna suit, then one puts on a couple hoodies andmaybe some jogging pants.

You'll start sweating just sitting around.

Move around and you'll sweat more.

Sit in a sauna and you'll sweat tons.

Move around in a sauna and the sweat will just pour out of your sleeves.

The sauna is hell, however, and I recommend avoiding it if one can.

Also if you do use the sweat method to cut weight then dont make the mistake of chuggingwater right after, it's tempting but eat some ice cubes instead.
    Remember that you also run the Risk of Dehydration and will notice a raging thirst.

I recall running as part of group and one bloke wore a Lonsdale plastic shirt under his sweatshirt. He collapsed during the run.

I also tried to run with a bin liner and sweated enormously. Chafed my thighs (I was soccer player, enormous thighs, no upper body strength) and was damned sore all week. I was also thirsty for 5 days afterwards.

Separate note, Archie Moore, World Light-Heavyweight Champion in the 1950s used to lose weight by chewing his food thoroughly and then spitting out the meat. He believed that he gleaned the vitamins etc without the bulk. Not sure I'd ever have tried this but making weight is the bane of a boxers life.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 12:04pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeh, i dont recommend strenuous exercise in the suit because you are way more likely to pass out.

I find that when I wear the sauna suit it saps all my strength even before I've sweated much.

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 12:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And how do you guys recover? No matter how you cut it, weight cutting sounds like a very shitty version of hell on earth.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 1:04pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a little article about weight loss for kickboxing. It focuses on a study done on athletes in 2004.

http://www.wakoweb.com/Pdf/45.pdf

A few useful bits about impaired performance, how they lost weight and what the athletes did AFTER the weigh in. Always worth a look :)

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 8:09am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've lost about 20 lbs in the past month and have another 10 lbs to water cut.

it has been teh most awful fucking experience in the world.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast