Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 2:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

clavicle injury?

i recently hurt my collar bone (by the acromion process...where it connects to arm) while doing BJJ...hmm i find that it's still hurting after 2 weeks plus of recovery time (no weights...etc) not hurting to an extent where i can't lift my arm up! but just enough to bother me...
    i know it's not broken or fractured...it's just kinda sensitive at the lateral end of the bone...anyone know how long this type of injury takes to heal? or how to promote healing faster? other than rest? cause i can't lift much like this and it is hindering a bit during BJJ. any good 'alternative' medicine people find works for bone injuries? or is this not a bone related injury at all? thanks
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.
    -Albert Einstein

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 3:04am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ice and compression at the time of injury. Later on, heat, comrpession, rest, and...see a doctor.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 3:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i ice it after every BJJ class...but i'll try the heat...could you explain compression a bit? like taping it up?
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.
    -Albert Einstein

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 3:47am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is the bone broken? Even a little bit? Broken bones take 6-8 weeks to fully heal. Iron and calcium.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 4:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i dont think it's broken...if it is i wont be able to even rotate my arm much. But i've been drinking a lot of milk anyways. thanks
    -Albert Einstein
  6. DRD

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 4:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have a bundle of nerves that transects right through the area of the aromion, and when enflamed they are troublesome. Plus from past surgery at that site for both my wife and self, the surgeon says that bursa imflammation is where much of the pain comes from. Your DR can tell you for sure. Healing was slow from both injuries in our cases.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 4:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A layoff from weightlifting for a few weeks won't hurt your overall progress, if anything it will probably help.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 8:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by DRD
    You have a bundle of nerves that transects right through the area of the aromion, and when enflamed they are troublesome. Plus from past surgery at that site for both my wife and self, the surgeon says that bursa imflammation is where much of the pain comes from. Your DR can tell you for sure. Healing was slow from both injuries in our cases.
    ah! that might be it!! cause it's sensitive around that area...thanks all for the help and suggestions. i'm gonna see a doctor next week.
    -Albert Einstein