punch-drunk

Posted On:
    12/03/2008 12:29am

supporting member
     Style: SanDa / MMA / Kung-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Boston Throwdown Jan 10 - The Winter of Our Discontent

Hey Boston area peeps and whomever the hell else wants to roadtrip.... Long time overdue for another Boston Throwdown. To counter the winter anxiety if nothing else...

(*edit; now set for January 10th, 2:00pm until when ever we burn out and need fuel, we can keep the gym open late and go into the evening if we want. There is talk of an after party at the Middle East club a couple blocks away. feel free to get here earlier than 2 if you want to come in and get warmed up or even try Marvin's morning level-1 class)

Been quite a while since I hosted a throwdown... Seen that you've had several in the last year or so I wasn't able to go to, glad your've carried on the tradition. Been really busy working (on other stuff mostly) and also building a new home for the Boston SanDa crew, now Redline Fight Sports and moved to Central Square Cambridge. Worked like a ************ getting the place ready and now up and running. Have a new sanctioned 20' ring, 40' bag track and a fully padded insane asylym style back room, the place is just beggin for a Bullshido style Throwdown. Just realized there are actually a couple of Bullshido members currently at Redline who are interested in organizing an old school 'pugilism revival' thing thats been talked about here, that might make for an interesting showcase if anyone else is up for it.

So what do your schedules look like? Able to make a throwdown either just before xmas or maybe the 2nd or 3rd weekend in January? I'm fairly flexible and will just pick a date unless there's a strong consensus for a particular weekend. Can do either Saturdays or Sundays, probably more regular gym members around on Saturdays. $10 mat fee (*edit; fee waived, free for day for BS members) mainly just to cover basic overheard & wear-n-tear on the place, obviously doesn't apply to gym members. We have lockers, showers, a big-screen TV, anything you need to make yourself at home while you are here. So are you all interested or what?
    Last edited by Arbiter; 12/07/2008 5:01pm at . Reason: update

:)

Posted On:
    12/03/2008 1:32am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    of course we are. I can do any of those times. Sat's are better...c'mon...you know what the trains are like on Sunday on the MBTA.

Let's make this happen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2008 2:00am

Style: Cage Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll be there on either Saturday or Sunday -- whichever ends up working out best. I've been meaning to get to a throwdown and this sounds like a very convenient and opportune time. Although, Arbiter, I must ask... Do you get a discount on the mat fee if you're from Chinese Kickboxing and Submission Fighting Club? Our head instructor, Paul (aka Lefty) apparently teaches at Redline Fight Sports on Wednesdays. (Just wondering.)

EDIT: Of course, what matters most is that we can get as many people there as possible so majority rules. However, I would personally prefer to do it in december rather than January because I believe that I'll be fighting in January, in which case attending a TD might not be possible for me.
    Last edited by strikistanian; 12/03/2008 2:36am at .

Posted On:
    12/03/2008 9:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You fighting in Atlantic CIty? or is this the Battle of Brooklyn? I gotta come and yell "Teabag" (well, perhaps not, Left wouldn't approve).

Strike, contact Yemil....I'll get some other people on the same page

Posted On:
    12/03/2008 9:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BOB!!! Check you're PM's mang, or I cut you. I cut you so bad you wish I no cut you so bad.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    12/03/2008 10:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm down like a clown Charlie Buh buuuuuuuuh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/03/2008 10:58am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am totally there. I vote for 2nd or 3rd weekend in January. I'll also make modified vesions of these for anyone planning on participating in the Reformed Pugilism

Anyone traveling a long distance, I can put up 1 (or maybe 2) people at my place for a night.

Thanks Arbiter!
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    12/03/2008 11:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got a couch for Squerlli, and a endtable for his moustasche (how do you spel that anywai?)

There's always the Boston Common....you can pick up some smack while ur down there. They find enough people dead down there, you can get teh r33l f33l of our str33ts.

Homeless vets abound, so u can honor our heroes, AND u can wander into govt. center without too many footfalls, and witness the ugliest modern building in the world (true, they voted on it).

enjoy standing dejectedly in front of one of our many myriad dunkin donuts,
    stand dejectedly in front of one of the 50 colleges you can't attend here.
    Stand dejectedly around Newbury st, watching the tourists and the affluent spend money you'll never have.
    Stand dejectedly in front of Berklee, watching all the music students, with hope in their eyes, and mom & dad's money their pockets, todays music students, tomorrows homeless on Boston Common (see first entry)

and finally Stand dejectedly on Mass. ave. in Cambridge, smelling chille eminating from the hippy population, and patchuli walfting from the trustifarians, and slightly more respectable, less spiraled in decline hippy population (and the soon to be homeless on Mass ave college population) From there it's a hop, skip and a jump over someone's vomit to the gym for the throwdown.

As a plus we can all go afterwards and stand dejectedly in front of the middle east, where some band, that can't afford the room fee, is playing along wth 7 other bands, just to make sure no one but the middle east gets paid.

Don't I paint the rosiest picture of Boston, I should work for the weekly dig.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/03/2008 11:35am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    Homeless vets abound, so u can honor our heroes, AND u can wander into govt. center without too many footfalls, and witness the ugliest modern building in the world (true, they voted on it).
    The scene outside Redline Fightsports is classic Central Sq. I haven't seen it this bad since the 70's. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Oh, and the Science Center is waay uglier than city hall.

stand dejectedly in front of one of the 50 colleges you can't attend here.
    My old band had tee shirts that said "Go To School In You Own Fuckin Town" cleverly hidden in the design. We used to sell them at college shows. I'll dig one up for ya.

As a plus we can all go afterwards and stand dejectedly in front of the middle east, where some band, that can't afford the room fee, is playing along wth 7 other bands, just to make sure no one but the middle east gets paid.
    The owners are friends of mine. I'll have them expect the post TD crew (falafel and Jagermeister anyone). Bring a CD to the TD and I'll see it get to the right person with a message to give you a decent show.

Don't I paint the rosiest picture of Boston, I should work for the weekly dig.
    The Dig are a bunch of crypto-Barnies anyway
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 12/03/2008 11:38am at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    12/03/2008 11:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And don't forget Savage. That makes them a bunch of mo's too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Page 1 of 20 1 234511 ... LastLast