Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 10:11am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I arrived late because of my going to sleep at 5 and heavy drinking. Which was very stupid of me since I knew that I was supposed to be there the next day.
    I still had fun though for the few hours that I was there.

First impressions,
    Pizdoff is a duber. He just sat on the side the whole time then took a break for an early lunch and never got back to training :p Hee hee. IronMung took charge of the little gathering from what I could see. You have a rather broad skillset, I think it would be lots of fun to train some live stick work with you, I'll try and bring my foam bats next time. Karatefighter, you seem like an extremely competent armchair grappler, well versed, lots of knowledge but not enough practice in application yet. Repulsive Monkey, I was so surprised during our little takedown exercises, I usually think that if someone is smaller than me (which doesn't happen very often at all) then I should have no problem, you proved me very wrong.

Memorable moments:

I'll start with geoff and our takedown exercises. The only damage I did in that whole exercise was because I forgot to cut my nails the night before and I slashed open one of your toes, still so very sorry :) I thought I finally had you in that RNC, but then you somehow managed to torque my ankle and I had to let go, very very nice. I had sprained it abouta month and a half ago and it has only started feeling normal again two weeks ago. That may have been why I let go almost right away, but there was still lots of pressure. Knife fighting was fun, we both died too many times for my liking. Our standup I could tell you either had no energy, or you just didn't feel like putting anything behind it, which is fine. We both slipped in some sidekicks, neither of us did any damage. I'd like to see what it feels like sparring with you at a bit higher intensity.

IronMung, lots of good stuff to learn from you. I wasn't sure what level we were sparring at until you started throwing some really solid roundhouse kicks. I can honestly say I wasn't ready for that while in the condition I was in. It was still lots of fun. We do fight very similarly, and I'd like to get a piece of you before you are all worn out next time. You got in a lot of realy simple jabs to my head, and a solid roundhouse to my ribs. I would be happy to show you some wing chun stuff next time.

Karatefighter, I think we only did a little bit of groundwork together? I was laughing quite a bit inside when I tried to standup while in your guard and you grabbed my ankles forcing me to backpedal quickly and then fall on my ass. I could tell you were completely worn out, and was impressed with how long it took me to pass guard. That was a fun drill, I've never formally worked ground stuff at all, only wrestling with friends that don't know anything. You need to teach me how to do submissions next time. I know what they look like, and I know what they are supposed to do (make you tap), but it doesn't work for me, heh. And did that "modified scarf choke" do anything at all? I knew it wasn't choking, but was there pressure of any sort?

Well that's my pseudo commentary of the event, I look forward to the next meeting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 12:29pm

Style: panatukan, bjj newb.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ahhh dont stress it fellas... poopoo happens.

We can do this another day. Weekdays or weekends.

Maybe we could get another gathering in before people head back to school... which is roughly January 6th.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 1:28pm

Style: .........................

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah i had a great time, i'll write a more in depth review when i get the time but thnx to everyone involved i had a great time and am still very sore.

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 2:29pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How are those legs of yours karatefighter? I softened them for everyone else.

:D

"Maybe we could get another gathering in before people head back to school... which is roughly January 6th."
    I'm out the 4th. Before that would be great.

Repulsive - Gee thanks. I do iron bladder training sometimes.
    You kept trying to stay in a wacked out range for me. Between kicking and punching for me.
    Feel free to try to do more damage next time to me. (I'm scared!)

AM - You came at an odd time. I was contemplating where I was going for lunch.
    I need to eat frequantly to keep my weight up.

I think I'll be healed up by the 24-25th. My shoulders and wrists aren't getting better anytime soon.... *SOB!!*
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 2:32pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That means our options are the 27th, the 28th and the 3rd. Please post availability and preferences, everyone, even if they're after the above dates.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 2:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmm... now that i think about it... I think the centre is closed for a couple of weeks for holidays.

I'll reasearch and find out.

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 2:40pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AFAIK I have nothing planned on those dates.

Too bad we didn't have a video camera this time.
    You guys could have seen karatefighter get kicked in the groin.
    First by Piz Doff, then Repulsive Monkey, then IronMung.

Then he finally puts the cup on, then a couple seconds later. BONK!
    I think it was Repulsive that kicked him in the cup!

:D
    FUNNY! In a sense....
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 2:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yea no mat space fellas... looks like my moms place is the best suplement I can offer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 5:58pm

Style: .........................

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well i just wrote a really long review and my computer messed up so your getting the abridged version.

Piz: Good straight punches/kicks i'm still feelin your low kicks might wanna work on your combinations and maybe circle more

RepulsiveMonkey: I was really impressed with your taichi skills your standup really gave me some trouble. You might want to throw that stop side kick with more power. Your balance and base were incredible with some sub skills you could be kickin some serious ass.

Iron mung: Good standup and great on the ground. Try to keep your chin down and you mentioned tryin abit of boxing which could refine your standup to a really impressive level. I was impressed with your ground skills. You threw some really nice straight blasts. The kali stuff was great thnx alot.

Angry monkey we did some ground work that choke wasn't in i was just totally gassed. I look forward to working with you when were both fresh.

Well sorry it's so short but I'm really strapped for time right now, thnx to everyone involved i had an awesome time and i look forward to doin it again, Happy Holidays everybody.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2003 5:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for interest sake...

Here's a list of my injuries which can all be classified as being minor...

- A bruise on my left forearm, both knees are bruised on various locations, both elbows are bruised on various locations, my right instep is bruised.

... I also experienced some muscle ache... But I think its a result of muscle straining during grappling, specifically my abdomens (which suffered no bruising from the blow by Piz), my lower back and lats, and my triceps.

The balls of my feet are a little sore from all the pressure applied on them throuhgout each training method (ground and standup sparring).

On a sidenote... The few clinch matches were a great experience for me... I discovered a a great use for all those pass over drills i did with the knife and all that hubud lubud (to tie and untie, which is a sensitivity drill developed in the philipines) which taught me how to reposition hands through untangling methods, placing them on my opponents vulnerable areas and also passing over arms to free my way to turn centre and circle to the opponents back. I experienced a similar phenonmenon while in my guard and in my mount and in my opponents guard...
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast