is badder than you

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 1:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A few things:

-Whoever "Chuck" is, they're not exactly a representative of Bullshido, what with their whopping one post.

-You've said that "I need no confirmation from anyone or anyone's approval either.", but that's not quite true. For prospective students to choose your school over whatever other options they have, they need to approve of you. I'm not talking about a bunch of random idiots on the Internet - I'm talking about the people who are making the decision of whether or not to put their trust in you to be a good steward of their time, money, and effort.

Try to put yourself in the shoes of a guy who's looking for a martial arts school to train at in the Raleigh area. Think of the sorts of questions you'd have if you were him. If you're a prudent consumer who doesn't want to get suckered by flimflam, you'd probably wind up asking questions about track record, credentials, reputation, etcetera.

That's it, man. I'm not out to give you a hard time or accuse you of anything. You sound like an alright guy. I'm just saying that if I were moving to NC and looking for a MA school, I'd want to have evidence that you're a competent instructor who produces quality fighters so I know I'm not going to get hosed.

Don't think of it in terms of "proving something" to a bunch of Internet loudmouths.

Think of it in terms of helping prospective students to get the information they need to make the right decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 2:51am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By far my biggest issues are with the marketing on the web page for your school and then your dialog which seems to GREATLY downplay the claims on the website. I dont exactly understand what pro football players or swimmers have to do with MMA either. Some of the posts are more attacks than honest questions.

You are getting fairly defensive over the issue of credentials when on your very web page the issue is literally shouted around. I feel anyone making the claims that page does should have someone VERY solid standing behind it. With regards to MMA history that is not you. That is the point of my posts and questions.

I wont say it does not mean you cant or shouldnt teach. But I do think it would be a much better idea to stick to whatever it is you were teaching before and know, and drop the MMA buzzwords for business. Especially since you dont do it for money and have no motivation beyond wanting to teach. If you feel the need to teach guys MMA stuff, first prepare yourself for a fight, and fight somone who has comparable experience to yourself (meaning a guy with alot of training behind him, not a UFC fighter wannabe with 6 months of spotty training) prove yourself and then think about putting guys in a cage/ring.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 11:30am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbrinn

"Rudolph" I am not sure what is meant by the Sponsors section on the MMACTC website. You see I do not have anything to do with the website, the owner who has no martial arts experience put that together so you would have to ask him. I don't think they are literally sponsors in the sense you mentioned but I am not sure either. All I know is the owner has dished out a lot of cash for us to have a TOP place to train and supplies me with anything I need to help train my guys at no charge. I really don't care to mess that up asking all kinds of questions about his business. I do understand the question though.
    To be completely honest, I asked this question because false advertising is something it is very important to me. I asked this question, because in all probability the idea that all those companies actually sponsor your gym is pretty laughable. Now, if you have nothing to do with the website, then I can understand you not knowing about it. HOWEVER, having found us as quickly as you did after the first post about your school you must be relatively internet savvy. That being said, you should understand that in this day and age the Internet is probably going to be your best source of advertising short of advertising on TV. That being the case, you SHOULD take a more active role in how your school is represented on the internet. Just so you know, I will be sending letters to all of those companies specifically asking about their sponsorship agreements with your gym.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 11:35am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    following up. I see that the site has been changed so that those companies are now listed under advertisements. Do you have an agreement with them to advertise?

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 11:35am

Style: Shamar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

before you waste your time...

(although you must have a lot of extra time to do such a thing)

I brought this up to the owner last night and it appears as though he went and changed the heading to Advertisements. Everything is not as sinister as most people on this website might think that they are. Most people make mistakes or find that they are always improving or learning.

To clarify, I am the General Manager of the MMA hired by the owner who runs the business and manages the website as well.

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 11:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

not my place again but look...

since it seems we are under investigation here (curious how schools are picked for such things as it seems NO other school in Raleigh has had to go through this yet but us)....when you click on any of the ads you can see in the redirecting url somethign saying "shareasale" and I am pretty sure it is a third party site that these companies have signed on with that allows people to place ads on their sites for some kind of commission like google ads, etc.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 11:39am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ,muaythai,aikido,kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since I am in radio [hosting a MMA show btw OFF THE ROPES OWNZ] and know about advertising, if the buinesses shown under advertising dont like their companies being on your site or next to competing companies, you can be sued since you werent given the rights to use their name.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 11:39am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (although you must have a lot of extra time to do such a thing)

I brought this up to the owner last night and it appears as though he went and changed the heading to Advertisements. Everything is not as sinister as most people on this website might think that they are. Most people make mistakes or find that they are always improving or learning.

To clarify, I am the General Manager of the MMA hired by the owner who runs the business and manages the website as well.
    yes. i just noticed that.

As for things being sinister and our reaction, you need to understand most of the members on this site take things very seriously because we've been suckered in the past by various schools and gyms. Yes, the process of our research can be less than fun. In fact some of our members can be down right assholes. However, if your school is legitimate, then you've got no problems. You seem to have been forthcoming and truthful for the most part. That goes a long way. If you actually do care at all about this thread and what's going on here, I'd say the best thing you can do is post proof after your upcoming comp of the results of your students. That would go a long way in establishing your credibility.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 11:42am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    since it seems we are under investigation here (curious how schools are picked for such things as it seems NO other school in Raleigh has had to go through this yet but us)....when you click on any of the ads you can see in the redirecting url somethign saying "shareasale" and I am pretty sure it is a third party site that these companies have signed on with that allows people to place ads on their sites for some kind of commission like google ads, etc.
    we as a site, don't pick schools based on any particular criteria for investigation. This is all community driven. It's on the members to bring schools to the attention of the rest of the community. Rest assured though, we do pay attention enough to catch people that might have another agenda in their reasoning. For example, Chuck The Truck has contributed nothing but 1 post to this site and is attacking you without saying what his stake is in this. That's a little suspect to me.

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 11:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ads and this website

The advertisers signed agreements with "share a sale" I am sure that dictates the parameters and "share a sale" dictates to others what has to be met no doubt. Either way it is a mute point IMO.

As for the site...."truthful for the most part."...I have been truthful about EVERYTHING and it seems that the more I do to answer and help (which I do because I love martial arts and want people that love martial arts as well to know that) the more it seems I and the school and our website get nit-picked.

After this is all satisfied and I and the school are found innocent after being charged as guilty will Bullshido and all the diligent members that have investigated me and the school spend as much effort helping to promote and back us?