Simply. Awful.

He lost me at "turnkey"...

Posted On:
    10/23/2010 11:47am

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post

Heh, has this thing even been running for a year (NC guys heard anything?)? It certainly wasn't mentioned online at this time last year. Or even in March this year, when this thread was last updated prior to yesterday...
    I haven't heard anything, and I run a business here. Btw, we need to get the Brinn article re-posted. I know Chuck Hardin worked on it, and thus it is viewed as "tainted" but in reality, I wrote most of the thing, and he just re-wrote it in "Bullshido Language/Snark." It didn't have any dubious issues that should warrant its removal.

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    10/23/2010 2:50pm

Style: jits da variedade brasile

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuJason View Post
    I haven't heard anything, and I run a business here. Btw, we need to get the Brinn article re-posted. I know Chuck Hardin worked on it, and thus it is viewed as "tainted" but in reality, I wrote most of the thing, and he just re-wrote it in "Bullshido Language/Snark." It didn't have any dubious issues that should warrant its removal.
    I concur. From what I recall when it was up, I didn't see anything that wasn't factual and properly referenced.

@ Larus - Aside from his shitposting under that pseudonym account a few months ago that it took us all of a few days to figure out, I haven't heard hide nor hair of Brinn since his supposed rage quit. Jas (SifuJason) and I actually had a very short conversation about this topic today after a seminar.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/23/2010 2:55pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is down due to technical problems not anything to do with Chuck. The taint is very specific and really has zero to do with Chuck. That is a smoke screen to add the tainted aspect to bullshido articles.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    10/23/2010 3:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
    I concur. From what I recall when it was up, I didn't see anything that wasn't factual and properly referenced.

@ Larus - Aside from his shitposting under that pseudonym account a few months ago that it took us all of a few days to figure out, I haven't heard hide nor hair of Brinn since his supposed rage quit. Jas (SifuJason) and I actually had a very short conversation about this topic today after a seminar.
    Hmmmm. Is Brinn moving away from the survivalist thing and getting into the RBSD market?

I see that you can buy tasers and pepper spray (including fire extinguisher-sized sprays) online from him now...
    http://www.livesafeproducts.com/store/index.php/

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/07/2010 6:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand your point about Chuck. As was often the case, the actual investigative work was done by people other than Cy. Didn't some Shamar guys fight in your neck of the woods this week? Do you know how they did?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    11/07/2010 6:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I understand your point about Chuck. As was often the case, the actual investigative work was done by people other than Cy. Didn't some Shamar guys fight in your neck of the woods this week? Do you know how they did?
    Ya, his guy won near the end of the 3rd with a hammerlock vs his opponent (note the Shamar guy also has a BJJ blue). My guy beat the hell out of his opponent, who didn't show for the 2nd round, making it a no-contest in ammie NC rules (boo!).

All props to Brinn though for getting people in the ring.

Posted On:
    11/07/2010 6:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And winning, to add!

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/07/2010 6:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was this that Brian Amey guy? Was he actually repping Shamar at the event?

Posted On:
    11/07/2010 6:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was that guy. He came out as a Shamar black belt and BJJ blue belt on announcement; they of course botched pronouncing Shamar.