See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 1:01pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
    Even outside of BJJ, when our guys do the crossfit training, the coaches are all over them the entire time. Watching, correcting, advising, encouraging, to the point where it's almost one on one instruction, even when there's upwards of 8+ guys in each workout block.
    Hey hey... EASY on Soke Brinn.

Somebody has to hold the camera.

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 1:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 1:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
    Exactly! Well said.

Which makes it all the more hilarious, given how Brinn keeps on yammering about how "effective" he is at training and how good his guys are gonna be. Not only that, but you'd think the big thing they'd be selling an MMA gym on through video would be... y'know.. fighting maybe? Like real sparring and alive work, instead of the sloppy tae-bo Brinn had them all doing?
    Soke Brinn doesn't believe in aliveness, if you remember. His training philosophy is based upon scientifically proven scientific research which was carried out scientifically by US military scientists.

No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - MMA Cross Training Center of Raleigh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2010 8:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, anyone get the book yet ? I'm dying to learn the Shamar Secrets !

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    3/14/2010 12:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Popkin View Post
    Hey, anyone get the book yet ? I'm dying to learn the Shamar Secrets !
    http://www.lulu.com/browse/search.ph...bmitSearch.y=0

"Sorry, your search did not match any of the interesting content on Lulu."

You know of any other vanity press sites I can search, H?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2010 5:29pm

Style: BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, this is still going on. At least he won douche of the year lol. Those kicks are horrible where's the sparring and cage techiques being taught at an MMA center 0_o?

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 4:02pm

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh man, what a waste of a great looking facility.
    <insert witty comment>

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 3:48pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not entirely sure if this is worth necro-ing the thread for (feel free to move, mods) but I thought I'd have a look to see what Brinn was up to these days. Found this.

http://www.livesafeproducts.com/livesafebusiness/

"How to make 8 times the income and teach the martial art you love."

"You'll See Immediate Results... guaranteed, or your money back!"

Dear Friend,

If you'd like to earn 8 times more income, teaching what you love and have the most fun ever doing it, then this might be the most important letter you'll ever read.
    Here's why:

We can teach you how to get more students instantly, make more money per student and even how to keep them paying you long after they have left!"
    Now, I know you're probably skeptical. That's normal and healthy. Let me give you three good reasons we can back up what we claim:

Three Reasons To Believe What I Say

Reason one: Some of the biggest names in the Martial Arts have hired us to personally help them!
    Reason two: We have shown instructors just like you how to turn their schools around and make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year doing what they love while still teaching what they want!
    Reason three: Survey after survey shows that we not only know what your potential students want but we know how to get them to sign up and pay the minute they are given the opprotunity to!
    ...and so on.

Reading between the lines, it looks to me as though Brinn is offering to share with his customers the revolutionary and ground-breaking secret of how to sign people up for long-term contracts as soon as they walk through the doors of the dojo... :eusa_thin

Now, this is the sort of thing that if I'd received by email, I'd immediately delete as spam - yaknow, all the usual vague, unsubstantiated claims backed up by red text, yellow highlighting, bold text, exclamation marks, promises of free stuff, special one-time prices and anonymous testimonials (could be for deadly streetfighting secrets DVDs, guides on how to hack fruit machines, penis pills, dubious acai berry products, lottery schemes, muscle growth formulas, make money fast programmes - they all seem to read and be presented in pretty much the same manner) - I'm sure that anyone who's been around the internet for a reasonable period of time knows the drill by now. Anyway, that's beside the point - just a personal observation. Though Jason might want to tweak his language and the manner in which his sales pitch is displayed so as not to come across like some Billy Mays-type guy in a dodgy late night informercial.

Anyhow, there's also this:
    http://www.livesafeproducts.com/livesafeuniversity/

Looks like a placeholder page at present, but I'm wondering if this is going to be something like Gracie University - but with Brinnjutsu.

Unless JB really *is* founding his own university. Now that would be something...

EDIT: screenies below (not embedded).

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3...eybusiness.png

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2...rontpage12.png
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 10/17/2010 3:57pm at .

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 4:50pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oye, just oye.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 9:16am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I'd like to see a list of these 'biggest names in the Martial Arts' that the Brinnwerk has helped.

Also, list of instructors who make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year thanks to Brinn's system, please.

Heh, has this thing even been running for a year (NC guys heard anything?)? It certainly wasn't mentioned online at this time last year. Or even in March this year, when this thread was last updated prior to yesterday...