1. #3171
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,485
    Style
    Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not arguing Pokemon. I'm sure the Soke would love the small plastic balls. However, I'll have to make sure the Sailor Moon theme is the same one I'm thinking of (when at a location that has youtube access.)

    Fighting evil by moonlight, winning love by daylight, etc.
    In a mini skirt and a sailor outfit. Tell me that's not fitting... tell me that's not wrong...
    tell me that's not DaiSailorSoke Brinn!!!
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit

  2. #3172
    Larus marinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    3,061
    Style
    Nothing - yet
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    I'm not arguing Pokemon. I'm sure the Soke would love the small plastic balls. However, I'll have to make sure the Sailor Moon theme is the same one I'm thinking of (when at a location that has youtube access.)

    Fighting evil by moonlight, winning love by daylight, etc.
    In a mini skirt and a sailor outfit. Tell me that's not fitting... tell me that's not wrong...
    tell me that's not DaiSailorSoke Brinn!!!
    Na. Brinn gives off more of a Captain Planet vibe, IMO.

    That Elmore chap, however...

  3. #3173

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    STL, MO
    Posts
    167
    Style
    Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol, did the full read up on Brinn on the bullshido wiki, and was laughing the whole article, what a joke, him and his church of sham or whatever it is

  4. #3174
    Whacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,293
    Style
    jits da variedade brasile
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    /cheap shot

    It's going to get that much more hilarious as soon as Jas gets off his butt and finishes the new additions.

  5. #3175

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    225
    Style
    Em Tee/JewDough/BeeJayJay
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    New video of Soke Brinn's MMACTC days. Him (presumably) putting his guys through their paces.

    http://enterthenextlevel.com/Martial-Arts/MMACTC.html
    As someone who practices Muay Thai, those kicks they call roundhouses makes me giggle.

  6. #3176
    maofas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,971
    Style
    Kenkojuku Karate, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^
    Their kicks really are especially awful, but I don't want to make fun of them. They're newbs (or wrestlers) who've never kicked before being taught by someone who has nfc what he's doing. Forget their kicks, they weren't even shown how to hold the kicking shields correctly.

  7. #3177
    Whacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,293
    Style
    jits da variedade brasile
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    ^
    Their kicks really are especially awful, but I don't want to make fun of them. They're newbs (or wrestlers) who've never kicked before being taught by someone who has nfc what he's doing. Forget their kicks, they weren't even shown how to hold the kicking shields correctly.
    I should probably clarify as well. I wasn't making fun of the individuals per se, more so the utter lack of instruction and attention to detail by the "instructors", and I use that term VERY loosely. At my old school and new place, we were constantly being watched and corrected on sloppy or poor technique. I saw absolutely none of that.

  8. #3178
    maofas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,971
    Style
    Kenkojuku Karate, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually you said exactly word-for-word my first thoughts on the video: looks like an mma-ercise class.

  9. #3179

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,354
    Style
    WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya, ya, I'm lazy and all, trying to summarize 200 pages of posts!

  10. #3180
    Whacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,293
    Style
    jits da variedade brasile
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    Actually you said exactly word-for-word my first thoughts on the video: looks like an mma-ercise class.
    Exactly! Well said.

    Which makes it all the more hilarious, given how Brinn keeps on yammering about how "effective" he is at training and how good his guys are gonna be. Not only that, but you'd think the big thing they'd be selling an MMA gym on through video would be... y'know.. fighting maybe? Like real sparring and alive work, instead of the sloppy tae-bo Brinn had them all doing?

    That was all around just piss poor, and I honestly felt bad for the guys in the vid. Even outside of BJJ, when our guys do the crossfit training, the coaches are all over them the entire time. Watching, correcting, advising, encouraging, to the point where it's almost one on one instruction, even when there's upwards of 8+ guys in each workout block.

    Soke Brinn has no business coaching an ant farm, much less a martial art system.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO