224714 Bullies, 3933 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 3203
Page 140 of 321 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 10:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbrinn View Post
    No there isnt....but if you google my name somewhere at the top of the listings is a link to an Article on Bullshido.net with my picture and a bunch of claims attributed to me that I did not make or that are factual.

How would you like it if that were you...no wait I tried googling 1point2 and all that came back is "this is a fictitious name used by someone who cant stand behind his REAL name and make claims and arguments"

real man...real honor...real training....fake name?
    Maybe you can put in a complaint with The Internet. I hear they're the ones who invented usernames.

You won't get any sympathy from me regarding your padded resume being outed.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 11:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the most updated exert from my website that is still in construction...hopefully will be finished by next weekend!

Aikido
    Jason Brinn was first exposed to the art of Aikido from a book by Gozo Shioda. After that Jason Brinn wanted more. He has trained with MANY great Aikido instructors over the years and is thankful to them all. However, in 1996 Jason Brinn began his study of Daito Ryu which encompassed all the aspects of his Aikido training and therefore today teaches Daito Ryu only not Aikido.

- Who are those aikido instructors?
    - When, where, for what amount of time have you studied aikido?
    - What is your aikido rank?
    - Do you have a teaching license in Daito Ryu?

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 11:05am

Style: Shamar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    Maybe you can put in a complaint with The Internet. I hear they're the ones who invented usernames.

You won't get any sympathy from me regarding your padded resume being outed.
    you can come from behind the mask if you choose....you have the ability to put your name and face on your avatar...my bet is that you wont cause you have no honor....it is honorless to make claims against other people while hiding behind fake names a BS threads. And what does this say about how true your training must be..?

Oh...and where is FAKE now....busy photoshopping a birht certificate? How old are you FAKE....how did you get hose 29 years of experience...the hypocrisy!

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 11:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    - Who are those aikido instructors?
    many...but it doesnt matter...I study Daito ryu now!

- When, where, for what amount of time have you studied aikido?
    again, doesnt matter...i have studied for a long time and trained throughout my martial arts career

- What is your aikido rank?
    I dont claim any

- Do you have a teaching license in Daito Ryu?
    No, but to run the authorized club that I am in you don't need one.

when's that book coming out?

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 11:11am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could care less how you train so dont gross me out with the details.

the FACT is most BJJ instructors train their students through seminars, so YES seminar training is relative to list as experience in studying an art.

Or wait, are you suggesting that these "Masters" are simply doing seminars for money and there is no real value in attending them cause you cant take anything of value away?
    Please don't use words you don't understand (i.e. "FACT")
    What you're describing was required 14 years ago but is much less so now. Also, what you're describing falls far short of how most people went about learning bjj in those times and now when needed.

As an example, about ten years ago my coach did indeed have to train in a way similar to the model you describe. He drove 2+ hours at least 3 times a month to get direct instruction and spent the rest of the time training with friends several days a week. He interspersed traveling much greater times to go to seminars and bring people to town for seminars between these trips. He also competed as much as he could. He very quickly got his blue belt under Rickson and then eventually switched to an instructor closer geographically under whom he is now a black belt.
    Around the same time there were lots of guys that had to train in the same way. Lots of those guys are black and brown belts now with a lot to share the grappling community.

Meanwhile you're debating the meaning of "experience" versus "exposure". The fact that you have to make those arguments does a pretty damn good job confirming that your "experience" isn't anything of the sort.

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 11:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    I'll meet you for sparring...
    you know what....what about a private session with you and SJ?

I could bring my 6 month student and maybe another. Hell, my 6 month student is all I would need....he could spar as hard as you guys like and we can keep the outcome between us.

Maybe it will be good for the both of you to see what would happen....I know what would happen. I am not talking trash here but I am growing tired of this BS on BS.

He has 6 months training and I will bet my belt against both of yours that he would win a sparring match against both you back to back with nothing more than 6 months of my training.

No cameras, no video, no silly posting...just a friendly sparring match to see which training is more effective?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 11:13am

Style: shorin ryu/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    your 6th dan is a joke......awarded by you to you.....its a joke, deal with it. ( i awarded my self a 5th dan as i took my morning ****, ill get my 6th after i finish brushing my teeth ) Did you make yourself a nifty certificate, also how many people at the promotion where students? were colleagues? were family members? Also what are their qualifications to say you have are at 6th dan level? any of them a 5th in anything that can be verified?
    your jits xp is misleading at best, you dont have even a blue belt rank.....the total time you actually trained under a qualified instructor over all these years is 1.5 years maybe...not nearly enough to teach to begin with. No jits cant be home schooled, and practicing with people that dont know what there doing is just shitty practice. Just like harvard wont give you a degree UNLESS YOU ATTEND CLASSES AS A STUDENT.

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 11:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmm...you have NO time but we should get together?
    I have no time but I will make time for you. In other words, I can't be going around making dates, changing dates, etc. etc. It needs to be given a day/time and done, no meandering.

If you are as good as you say you are then my 6 month student will be easy for you right?....what happens when my 6 month student handles you with ease...does that mean that you will start training with me or continue on your same path...what will it mean about my teaching ability....I guess you will just say that he is a great student or some crap like that (by the way all of my students are great)
    Firstly, I dare you to find one instance of me anywhere on this entire site where I talk about how good I am. Even alluding, try.

Secondly, I don't give 2 shits about your 6 mo. student, your student isn't the one making claims. You said in this very thread that you "could handle anyone at the throwdown standing or on the ground".

So was what you really meant to say, "I could handle anyone there standing or ground...if only it wasn't for that darned bum shoulder of mine"?

you know too, the fact that I could do what I want when I want).
    I think you have me confused with someone else on this website. Are the two of us sparring? If yes I will figure out a date and run it by you, if not I'll leave you to e-spar with someone else.

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 11:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    Please don't use words you don't understand (i.e. "FACT")
    What you're describing was required 14 years ago but is much less so now. Also, what you're describing falls far short of how most people went about learning bjj in those times and now when needed.

As an example, about ten years ago my coach did indeed have to train in a way similar to the model you describe. He drove 2+ hours at least 3 times a month to get direct instruction and spent the rest of the time training with friends several days a week. He interspersed traveling much greater times to go to seminars and bring people to town for seminars between these trips. He also competed as much as he could. He very quickly got his blue belt under Rickson and then eventually switched to an instructor closer geographically under whom he is now a black belt.
    Around the same time there were lots of guys that had to train in the same way. Lots of those guys are black and brown belts now with a lot to share the grappling community.

Meanwhile you're debating the meaning of "experience" versus "exposure". The fact that you have to make those arguments does a pretty damn good job confirming that your "experience" isn't anything of the sort.
    thanks for backing me up...and I am sure your instructor when asked will include that time when he summarizes the lenght of time he has been training now wont he...

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 11:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    I have no time but I will make time for you. In other words, I can't be going around making dates, changing dates, etc. etc. It needs to be given a day/time and done, no meandering.

Firstly, I dare you to find one instance of me anywhere on this entire site where I talk about how good I am. Even alluding, try.

Secondly, I don't give 2 shits about your 6 mo. student, your student isn't the one making claims. You said in this very thread that you "could handle anyone at the throwdown standing or on the ground".

So was what you really meant to say, "I could handle anyone there standing or ground...if only it wasn't for that darned bum shoulder of mine"?

I think you have me confused with someone else on this website. Are the two of us sparring? If yes I will figure out a date and run it by you, if not I'll leave you to e-spar with someone else.
    you are welcome to come with me to my VA appt on the 11th if you dont believe the shoulder story.

i never made any claims....i taught and i said i was good enough to teach...if you want to accurately judge my teaching ability then take a class or spar a student....i am old and hurt right now and care nothing about sparring with people that have nothing to offer me...what would come from it for me (i know my ability)!