Our Sponsors:

Page 12 of 321 FirstFirst ... 289101112 131415162262112 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 12:39pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To comment on the content of that page, honestly it doesn't reflect well on the school to air those types of things on your site.

You'd be a hell of a lot better off marketing wise to just say you're an up and coming MMA school - look out for our fighters at local events, and bring in your top name guys for seminars which you can advertise.

All this other FBI, domain registrar, issues over public comments on your website, and even things up publicly airing this type of thing gives a marketing impression, definitely. That marketing impression is that what your #1 concern is is DRAMA, not MMA training.

You might want to fix that.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 12:55pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, after being told people don't represent bullshido.net, by staff, you still stoop to this level. That is really sad and every compliment you received has been destroyed by this letter.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 1:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chingythingy
    I just checked out www.mmactc.com - the website of the MMA training school under scrutiny here in this thread.

There is a link on the left nav - "Crossfit, Team ROC, Royce Gracie Academy". Here is the content of this page:

CrossFit, Team Rock, Local Royce Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Rick Harper and I Own and Operate (MMA) Mixed Martial Arts Cross Training Centers.

First and foremost let me apologize for the way that I worded my website for I had no intentions to disrespect any organization or anyone.

I did not realize that what I was doing was downgrading or disrespecting another type of establishment and or person.

On December 2, 2008 I received an e/mail (Click To Read) from Billy Downey from Crossfit a Team Roc School as well as a Royce Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy.

After reading the e/mail I called Mr.Downey to apologize for the way that I worded my website and we ending the conversation talking about getting together and Mr.Downey coming to visit my place.

I also asked him to let Jason know this also.

I have personally never met these men and I have nothing bad to say about them and I admitted to Mr.Downey that my wording was wrong and it was quickly removed off the website.

But today I received an e/mail that was very disturbing.
    I was informed that a threat was against me from a website BULLSHIDO.NET from the user name SOUTHPAW:

“If you didn't do the website, maybe you should tell the owner to shut the **** up before he gets the **** kicked out of him. By the way...I know who he is too as I used to train in a facility that he owns (though thank god not under his cardio-boxing bullshit).”

I did not know that this was the way that people of MMA handled issues and this is why MMA will continue to have a bad name because of people like SOUTHPAW.

I just do not understand why a grown man or very little boy with deep insecurity issues who seems to know me can talk such very disturbing and hostile trash but yet seems to know where my place of business is located, hum sounds like a talker Tough Guy (WANNABBE)!

I hope that he doesn’t think that he can do it…

A threat has been put on me and now I have to be ready for a Tough Guy (WANNABBE) that seems like he surely has nothing to loose.

To threaten to provoke bodily harm to some one that has not done anything personal to that person is a very sad display of how MMA will always be viewed as a monster brutality sport and not viewed as the art and skill that it takes to prevail in the sport.

It is a good thing that I personally train the people in power positions because I sent all of the information to them.

We also called the local authorities and the internet crimes division of Raleigh, NC concerning this matter and sent them the IP address of SOUTHPAW to the authorities.

We also contacted via e/mail, phone and snail mail the Internet Harassment Division of the FBI Charlotte Division, with the complaint for BULLSHIDO.NET and the Username: SOUTHPAW.

I have also sent e/mails to Godaddy.com who is the domain register of BULLSHIDO.NET, and I have sent e/mails to BULLSHIDO.NET.

I did not realize that what was on my website has caused such an out cry of emotions and once again I apologize for being ignorant to the respect that is deserved in the MMA industry.

Marketing is what I am good at but I did not mean to step on toes and I truly did not research enough in this field to understand the respect that your field deserves in the realm of MMA.

This is a business and I have treated it like a business without understanding the position of how the MMA world works and for that once again I am truly sorry!

I built this place to let Jason Brinn run and control but I did not think about how my marketing differs from what Jason Brinn and you the MMA consumer feels about MMA and that is truly my fault.

I have changed allot of things on the website to tone down any negative remarks that was not intended to degrade and or belittle any other facility or person.

We have allot to prove in this area of MMA and we are open mined to any and all suggestions that you mite have.

We just hope that you will give us a chance and forgive me for my ignorance in this matter, for Jason Brinn is not at fault it is me.

Thank you,

Rick Harper

Mr. Harper started the smack talk with the language on his website.
    Mr. Brinn continued the smack talk:

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbrinn
    I guess any competitor or ignornant "hater" can start an inquisition on this site
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbrinn
    I open a school and after only a month because some baseless "hater" throughs up a thread
    Mr. Harper apologized for the smack talk:

I admitted to Mr.Downey that my wording was wrong and it was quickly removed off the website.
    And Mr. Harper acknowledges that Southpaw's post was just smack talk:

I just do not understand why a grown man or very little boy with deep insecurity issues who seems to know me can talk such very disturbing and hostile trash but yet seems to know where my place of business is located, hum sounds like a talker
    No threat was made, just trash-talking from both sides. Mr. Harper knows that it was just trash talk, but he's threatening legal action anyways.

My God, way to **** things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 2:07pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, is it just me or was that sort of bitch thing to do? I know if someone says something like SouthPaw did, its not as if he intended to carry out a threat. His language seemed to me to convey the message that someone somewhere could take over the top marketing too seriously and try to whoop somebody. INterenet crimes? Are you kidding me?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 2:16pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh for the love of God.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 2:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh noes!!!!!! He called the internet police! You're fucked, Southpaw.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	internetpolice.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	9647  

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 5:08pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver
    Wow, is it just me or was that sort of bitch thing to do? I know if someone says something like SouthPaw did, its not as if he intended to carry out a threat. His language seemed to me to convey the message that someone somewhere could take over the top marketing too seriously and try to whoop somebody. INterenet crimes? Are you kidding me?
    No, it isn't just you. This is what always surprises me. I think I've seen maybe three threads were the guy in question acts responsibly. Hell, Pat Militech(?) flipped out and then calmed down when he read the thread.

I have no problem with the initial angry reaction to being on bullshido. It is the dumb crap, like the letter, that irritates me. Hell, if he had of posted it here, it wouldn't look as silly.

The main reason it is dumb is the FACT, that anyone interested in the drama, is going to come here and see what all the fuss is about. They will lose some students based on what a BJJ BB had to say.

As to the threat, man up. If you really thought it was a threat (sorry Southpaw) call the person/gym in question and hash it out.

Let's be real they insulted the other school. Even if it was an accident, that is how it was worded. Look how upset they are that "bullshido" allows posters to "insult" their activities. Look how upset they are at poorly worded "threats."

It is actually Ironic, that they don't see how silly they look.

MCTC:OMG a threat how ignorant.We are above threats.

MCTC:We forwarded all correspondence and material to the FBI, webmasters police, and the domain.

Yes, that is irony or they (not the students/instructors) are a bunch of hypocrites.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 5:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clearly, nobody truly felt threatened. That's just an excuse for what he's really trying to do - protect his business by making people stop talking negatively about the school.

I don't blame him for trying to protect his business. But what dumbfounds me is why he thought that letter would be a wise business move.

Bro, you want to run an MMA school. The local MMA community is fairly close knit. Everybody knows everybody else, or at least knows them through someone else. Word gets around. And you just presented yourself as a guy that goes to the FREAKING FBI because some dude talked ugly to you on the internet. Why did you do that to yourself??????

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 5:47pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now now let's get it right.

He aired out **** from an email. That is lower class, to me, than the non-credible threat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 6:12pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well in his long "explanation" he goes to pain to apologize and say how he is a businessman and does not understand MMA/know when he is over the line. Its funny to me though that people in and around it (ie Legit) do in fact know where the line is. He basically said in so many words he doesnt know what the hell he is doing and is looking for a new way to make money.

He'll pack the gym is my guess. Like he said he knows marketing, even if he doesnt know jack about MMA.