Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2008 9:57am

Style: FMA BJJ Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tire Stacks

Do you guys hit tires? What is better, building a tire stack, wrapping one into a tree or just hanging one or two in the ceiling, like a heavy bag?
    In the gym we usually hit the tires with a partner holding a single tire and walking around, changing heights, so the one hitting has to follow him. That unfortunetly has lead to some accidents.
    I have some tires for solo practice, but my space in home is very limited and there is a heavy bag hanging there already.
    I was thinking in building a tire stack like this: YouTube - Tire Master
    Wave Masters are expensive but I have and old heavy bag that I could use to support it. The space problem could be solved if I figured out a way to make the thing mobile enough so I could take it downstairs to the square where the kids play.

Posted On:
    12/01/2008 10:37am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I use is: one tire flat on the floor, with a 2x4 anchored in concrete sticking out of it, and two tires tied front and back at approximately chest height. With the two tires, you can have two people whacking on it without danger to each other.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2008 12:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's a 2x4? A piece of wood?

Posted On:
    12/01/2008 12:35pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Single hanging tire is my preference. I like that fact that I can get it moving and spinning, making targeting and checking more important. I've worked on stacks too, and they're fine, but are obviously more stationary.

Posted On:
    12/01/2008 12:35pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, basically a stout piece of wood to act as an upright support for the tires. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it presently.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2008 12:17pm

Style: Kali/Jun Fan/CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno
    Single hanging tire is my preference. I like that fact that I can get it moving and spinning, making targeting and checking more important. I've worked on stacks too, and they're fine, but are obviously more stationary.
    This.
    Hanging tire for "target practice" and a tire stack for drilling with powah.

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    12/02/2008 9:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At my school we have a tire stack with a metal base plate and some heavy-duty casters. Our classes are run in a meeting-hall and this way the tire stack just gets rolled into the back room after class. Maybe it's not what you're looking for, but it is mobile.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2008 9:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar
    At my school we have a tire stack with a metal base plate and some heavy-duty casters. Our classes are run in a meeting-hall and this way the tire stack just gets rolled into the back room after class. Maybe it's not what you're looking for, but it is mobile.
    My main problem is that the area I have for training is too small for whacking the sticks. Just punching the bag is fine, but the sticks end up hitting the walls, the clothes drying in the ropes, etc.

Maybe I'll try gathering those tires in the living room and use it to train while nobody is there.

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    12/02/2008 9:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whosthemaster
    My main problem is that the area I have for training is too small for whacking the sticks. Just punching the bag is fine, but the sticks end up hitting the walls, the clothes drying in the ropes, etc.

Maybe I'll try gathering those tires in the living room and use it to train while nobody is there.
    I'm sure the wife would love a stack of tires in the living room. Put them outside, around a tree or something. It's summer time down there, anyway, get some fresh air.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2008 10:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar
    I'm sure the wife would love a stack of tires in the living room. Put them outside, around a tree or something. It's summer time down there, anyway, get some fresh air.
    The season doesn't matter, there will be always children playing around, just waiting to have their eyes poked by some rattan sticks by acident. There's no garden here, just a public square. I was thinking about doing it there anyway but it would be too much of a trouble just getting the tires down there, let alone being considered an armed freak by the entire neibourhood.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast