Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    11/30/2008 12:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    Agreed, me too. Tyrs- how old was the kid in this story?

Sounds like parent's fault to me. And not just for not teaching proper safety, for being a carless bastard and just letting her kid wander around a house without watching him. So many parents do this kind of thing, just don't take the time and effort to raise kids correctly and keep them safe, acting as reluctant babysitters instead of attempting actual parenting. Kids are alot of work, but you shouldn't have them if you aren't going to put the time in to do it right. I don't care what you say about the woman, there is no way I would let my son wander around for so long without worrying about him.

So when you say "She wasn't mad at me about it...", I say: she fucking better not be. You had the knife safely in a lockbox, and she just sat there with her thumb up her ass having a good time while hapzardly allowing her young child to wander around a non kid-proof house. Good parents know better.
    ^^^
    First. I am glad the child is "OK" and as an adult with several childhood scars (as we all do) it will make for a good story when he gets older.

And I am with Budo on this one.

You can't leave a 6 yr. old alone, downstairs without supervision and without constantly checking on them.

Kids don't know any better but parent should.

Budo, in all seriousness you sound like a good man and a good father.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2008 1:22pm

Style: Hammer Fisting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    Ha! That's cool. So your a NOFX fan too, I hope? I got to hang out with MXPX at warped tour. Cool guys. Have they had any new albums recently?
    Yeah I met them at the Warped Tour in KC in 2005. I mostly listen to hardcore and metal now though.

Posted On:
    11/30/2008 1:52pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hardcore and metal? You are a dirty bastard. Most hardcore ain't hardcore at all. MXPX were kind of a bullshit version of pop punk anyhow, but they had some decent songs.
    We need to get you into the real hardcore...the descendants, bad brains, black flag, THE GOOD ****.

Anyways, enough of a thread derail for now I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken
    You can't leave a 6 yr. old alone, downstairs without supervision and without constantly checking on them.

Kids don't know any better but parent should.

Budo, in all seriousness you sound like a good man and a good father.
    Thank you, sir.
    Last edited by BudoMonkey; 11/30/2008 3:04pm at .
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12