Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678
    Just waiting for the paperboy. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    I had a big long post all typed out, but I realized I was just saying this over and over again in different ways:

In Spec Ops, knowing how to shoot, move, and communicate > Hand to Hand fighting skill. Period. Some people really get into the hand to hand combat, some people do as little as possible.
    So basically it's like modern warfare2 but without the respawns?

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    So basically it's like modern warfare2 but without the respawns?
    Imagine a video game where you spend about 5 minutes doing Modern Warfare2 type things for every 40+ hours you spend doing PT, paperwork, and training the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again to the point that you are so bored you want to cry. Also add in judicious servings of male shower scenes, farting, and sex jokes.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Just waiting for the paperboy. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Imagine a video game where you spend about 5 minutes doing Modern Warfare2 type things for every 40+ hours you spend doing PT, paperwork, and training the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again to the point that you are so bored you want to cry. Also add in judicious servings of male shower scenes, farting, and sex jokes.
    I think i'll stick to modern warfare 2 then.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chance1826 is 100% right on his posts!

Like him I trained with Deter in 2 blocks of CQD as an operator (and no I don't give an F about validating my status on here with pieces of flare either) It was alright, but I feel really lacking. All team guys are forced to find other ways to train, in ever shrinking amounts of down time. Actually the reason I ended up on this site, doing some research.

I would like to get Tim Larkin seminars for every work-up, maybe time to start a grassroots push for it.
    Last edited by czwarrior; 4/12/2011 7:48pm at .

Style
    MT/BJJ/MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    czwarrior: so you ALSO want to claim military experience yet aren't prepared to show a document?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    feel free to message me if you want proof. I am just here doing research, but felt the need to vouch for chance1826's accuracy. I'm not in to putting stuff out publicly, but if you feel the need message me.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    czwarrior, Steve Robinson posts here, and he has access to the BUDS graduation database (he's ex-Seal team 1) He would undoubtedly be able to authenicate you as a SEAL without anyone here having to know your name. I'd be happy to set you up with him.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Czwarrior has been confirmed as an active duty SEAL by Steve Robinson. He is awarded his military tag.

Style
    10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    Czwarrior has been confirmed as an active duty SEAL by Steve Robinson. He is awarded his military tag.
    I just would like to say that it's cool to have someone who is what they claim to be (and not claim it in a douche way), when it relates to that kind of military status.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Eason stop

Quote Originally Posted by Iainkelt View Post
    I just would like to say that it's cool to have someone who is what they claim to be (and not claim it in a douche way), when it relates to that kind of military status.
    CQD uses American Kenpo and a fusion of practical street fighting and combat techniques. I spent five years studying American Kenpo in San Diego. My Master Willey Steele was involved in the martial side of CQD SEAL training. (this particular program is limited to naval sof) As a non sof Sailor I also spent time on deployments learning the Marine Martial Arts Program and much of it is loosely based on Kenpo Karate. The technique is missing some critical foundations and principles which make it less effective in my opinion. I grew up practicing under a OK Sensei, so it was all familiar.

I have studied many types of martial arts and fighting techniques, with a strong emphasis on wrestling, boxing, and Kenpo. American Kenpo, I found it to be extremely effective in real self defense situations. It's a completely different animal than OK or Olympic types which utilize many old forms of horse fighting techniques that really don't play out well in a close quarter brawl. I haven't seen many MMA folks apply similar techniques aside from maybe Lyoto The Dragon Ishida, forgive me if I butcher his name. Many of my friends in the Navy practiced Jiu Jitsu, and I found them to be on par with skilled wrestlers I have fought and wrestled with. So I think there is much to be gained from learning different skills and I would guess CQD is really good stuff, it has a great track record with the Navy. I'm a combat veteran and was trained and certified in SSEW and SSDF, and worked VBSS prior to my experiences in OEF and OIF. American Kenpo has put me in a position whereas I felt comfortable dealing with any hand to hand situation I have been in to date. I have disarmed several individuals with large blades and survived and dominated multiple attackers with hand to hand. I have also worked with SOF from around the world and our own, and found that in reality strength and speed are two critical elements of defense, and practical technique. I believe American Kenpo tops my list of practical technique I would want to know in a defensive situation versus much of what I have learned in other disciplines. I also held a certification in Critical Response Training for several years as a civilian which is a restraint training program, that is extremely effective at redirecting an attacker and minimizing injury. I believe the years of applying these techniques helped me develop better defense fluency. But CQD and American Kenpo is legit imho. Controlling suspected threats is a critical component to the job that the SEALs do everytime they breach a building and handle individuals. In the field you come across many situations where lethal force is innapropriate and controlling an individual with clarity and command is critical to prevent further escalation of force. I think every war fighter should have access to CQD type training.

Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678