I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 3:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by The Wastrel
    Wing Chun people are fucking lunatics, and Keith Kernspecht is the grand chief lunatic.
    Shhh, don't tell that to Sharp Phil, he'll rip you a new one Wastrel. ;) For the life of me, I can't understand why the self defense community takes this guy seriously ->

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 4:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Asia

I think the worse one I got into an arguement with was going into a front horsestanse. He figured he would be 'rooted' and unable to be moved. I told the guy on his site that if he did that I would have him on his ass quicker than ****. He argued this into I brought basic physics into play.
    A defensive structure creates resistance, resistance produces structure for the grappler, thereby making it easier for the grappler to manipulate you. That should be common sense for any fighter.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 5:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Wing Chun people are fucking lunatics, and Keith Kernspecht is the grand chief lunatic." (Wastrel)

Are we? Oh my god, the light is coming to my eyes! I CAN SEE! I CAN SEE!

Thank you, Wastrel, thank you so very much. Your unequalled wisdom has brought me out of the mud of ignorance, and into the sublime world of...humm...trolling?

Seriously, I believe judo is a great compliment to wing chun. As far as I know, there are no anti takedown techniques in wing chun, except having a strong base and hitting the other guy desperately with your elbow.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 6:01pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by WingChun Lawyer
    "As far as I know, there are no anti takedown techniques in wing chun, except having a strong base and hitting the other guy desperately with your elbow.
    They just need some low line defense. I and most other BJJ guys I know have nothing but respect for MT guys because we've eaten our share of knees during the takedown. I think the basic principles of WC could be used to defend the takedown but they simply need to add the techniques and practice them. MMA style grappling is either new or rediscovered technology depending on how you look at it and WC was simply not designed with it in mind.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 6:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Their lunacy is seen in the claims made regarding takedowns and "answers" for grappling. Those made publicaly are, most certainly, insane.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 6:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem with lunatics is they are loud and get noticed. Every WC practitioner I've ever met has been very nice and sincerely interested in learning anything they could to help their game. I know one guy who moved his dummy away from the wall so he could practice a low shoot in it.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 6:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That may be the case, in fact it probably is the case for most, the problem however is the inability many folk have in recognizing that the public face of their art is what they are going to be catergorized as. Everyone is convinced they and their school is the exception.

I was convinced of it regarding my Hapkido school (and some parts I probably was correct, in others certainly not) and everybody else is as well.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 6:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the problem however is the inability many folk have in recognizing that the public face of their art is what they are going to be catergorized as
    The public face of WC is that its a deadly chinese fighting art.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 6:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stereotypes are inevitable.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 8:18pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing with muay thai is that thai boxers don't claim to have the answers to everything. So when UFC happened, thai boxers learned grappling because they knew it would be neccesary.

Wing Chunists were unable to comprehend that their theories of fighting were coming up short when against a grappler.
    So they tried to find a "secret trick", unable to comprehend that their masters don't know everything.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast