Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2003 2:00am

Style: wrestling/BIFF

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

bullshido techniques to beat takedowns

would anyone be able to point me in the direction of some TMA sites that display some laughable techniques, particulaly anti takedown manouvers, i have heard there are a few very "original" counters such as head twisting to counter a double leg takedown etc, just some sites displaying laughable techniques and counters as such,
    most apreciated

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    12/21/2003 12:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When the shoot comes, that's when you stick the knife in their back before the takedown. It might work.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    12/21/2003 3:15pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont know where to find it online, but Emin Boztepe's old "Anti Grappling" was pretty damn hilarious. Especially coming from a guy who thought the first UFC was a fake.

The most important thing to remember is when anyone shoots you must go into a forward leaning stance and drop the deadly descending elbow. Don't forget to kiai.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/21/2003 6:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NEVER forget to Kiai!!!

The twisting head thing is not really laughable it works. It based of the old concept "where the head goes the body follows" the problem is catching the head. Someon not accustomed to dealing with shooters is not likely go do it.

I think the worse one I got into an arguement with was going into a front horsestanse. He figured he would be 'rooted' and unable to be moved. I told the guy on his site that if he did that I would have him on his ass quicker than ****. He argued this into I brought basic physics into play.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    12/21/2003 6:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "the worse one I got into an arguement with was going into a front horsestanse. He figured he would be 'rooted' and unable to be moved."

Thats hilarious!
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2003 6:12pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use head twisting all the time. Just would never try to catch it during a double. If it's there you take it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2003 6:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    when i have had this technique done to me while i was shooting a double, i think it actually made the guy's fall harder because as i flared his legs to the side he twisted my chin that way and thus my head pushed his body to the right while my right leg flared his legs to the left,
    consequentlly i accidently dumped him right on his head,
    before the head twisting defence for takedowns i could think of a million and one things that work like a sprawl,

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2003 7:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.wingtsun.nl/WT-nwaw.htm
    checkout why wing tsun can beat mma, "mma is unrealistic", wing tsun is the real deal.
    a few colourful claims about the ineffectivness of takedowns and grappling when che sao is employed, worth a look good for a laugh

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/21/2003 10:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wing Chun people are fucking lunatics, and Keith Kernspecht is the grand chief lunatic.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/22/2003 3:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: bullshido techniques to beat takedowns

Originally posted by bigfatbrute
    would anyone be able to point me in the direction of some TMA sites that display some laughable techniques, particulaly anti takedown manouvers, i have heard there are a few very "original" counters such as head twisting to counter a double leg takedown etc, just some sites displaying laughable techniques and counters as such,
    most apreciated
    Shaolin Kung Fu?

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast