Page 9 of 12 First ... 56789101112 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51
    That was like when the army told me that I was over weight for my height because I was at 175lbs and I was 5'8". I've always wondered...does anybody ever make weight in the military?
    Sure...every E7 and above seem to do JUST fine every cycle somehow! It's amazing!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51
    That was like when the army told me that I was over weight for my height because I was at 175lbs and I was 5'8". I've always wondered...does anybody ever make weight in the military?
    No.

I have been getting taped regularly since about 1998 when I popped over my max allowable weight. At 32 years old and 5'8" I am allowed to weight 189. Being in a light infantry battalion (10th MTN) I maintain thighs that are around 28" in diameter...nothing to do about it, carrying that much **** up elevation just does it...I haven't dropped below 200 in about 4 years. Hell, my battalion commander has to get taped and if you really want to see what "fit" looks like at 48 years old, this is the guy you want to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by 2003volusia
    Sure...every E7 and above seem to do JUST fine every cycle somehow! It's amazing!
    You wanna see something hilarious, fail the Operations Sergeant Major on his PT test. Sorry you fat prick, you failed and I don't pencil whip.
    Last edited by lucistius; 11/30/2008 6:07am at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coming from someone with no military knowledge why are people advocating not putting on any muscle? Pretty sure a 200lb me at the same fat % could outmarch the current 175lb me.

(Also that 32 inch waste thing is rediculous! I'm a skinny bastard and need to PUT on weight and i'm 33inches already)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Dispenser
    Coming from someone with no military knowledge why are people advocating not putting on any muscle? Pretty sure a 200lb me at the same fat % could outmarch the current 175lb me.

(Also that 32 inch waste thing is rediculous! I'm a skinny bastard and need to PUT on weight and i'm 33inches already)
    Because if you put on muscle then you will be outside of your BMI. Then, if you have a normal sized waist for a man that weight lifts, and you DON'T have a fat neck, then you FAIL your physical fitness evaluation. (that's right, they use the WORST way possible to ATTEMPT to measure BMI)

If you FAIL your evaluation three times in a four year period YOU ARE KICKED OUT OF THE MILITARY!!! That's right, you could get fat on a deployment and fail a test. Realize it and get in awesome shape. Get to heavy with muscle AND THEN FAIL ANOTHER TEST!!! Then if you fail another one in the next four years they kick you out!!!!!!!!!!! It's stupid really.

I tape in EVERY time now. To make sure I pass, I work on my neck size year round. I'm around 10% body fat, but their archaic methods put me at 19%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm absolutely confused about this...

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    I'm absolutely confused about this...
    You are not alone.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So fat neck is....good?
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    So fat neck is....good?
    Yes. If you are over height/weight they calculate BMI using your height and the circumference of your waist and neck. So, if you are barrel chested with an inexplicably skinny neck (like me), you're screwed.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup. Gotta do shrugs to build up your traps and ****. It's dumb. See that cartoon I posted? It's really like that for the higher ranks, but if you are down there (E6 and below) then you are basically fucked.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Dispenser

He's going into the Air Force...he won't be marching anywhere. If it was the Army or Marine Corps, yes.

Building muscle mass causes you to lose flexibility and speed. To achieve his goals, he needs to stay away from that.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Page 9 of 12 First ... 56789101112 Last