United States Marine.

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 1:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51
    Each day work on a specific muscle group. Don't do the dumb thing and say, "I'm going to run 10 miles, then work on my push-ups, and then work on.....and then work on...." You're going to kill yourself and not get anything worthwhile done.

Also, make sure you have the right diet. You don't want to bulk up.
    See, this is my problem, i always start out saying, YAH, IMMA CHARGE MAH WORKOUTZ, but get bored/sore then stop working out.

I'm going to try to start the stronglifts 5x5 program...I'd like to bulk up a little bit, maybe get to 170ish with muscle.

Should i just rely on their pushups thing, or should i continue my pyramid exercise?

How do you guys reccommend working out my abs quickly? I don't really feel like sitting down and doing 200 sit-ups to feel the burn, but would like some definition....lol

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 1:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take it from me, increased muscle mass is the opposite direction you want to go with the AFPFT. The waist measurement and the run (which make up 80% of the points) mean you want to be skinny.

You get no points for maximal strength or muscle mass.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 1:44pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    How do you guys reccommend working out my abs quickly? I don't really feel like sitting down and doing 200 sit-ups to feel the burn, but would like some definition....lol
    You're going to have to do sit ups, and there's no speedy way to work out your abs. If there is, then it's not going to help you in the long run. Sit-ups, inclined sit-ups, boxing sit-ups, crunches and variation crunches. If you want to add another aspect to your sit-ups, have a friend hit you in the stomach on your way down, (not so hard that he knocks the wind out of you). You can also grab weights and hold them to your chest.

Also, be aware that when you bulk up you will lose flexibility and speed. When's the last time you've seen big guys have a fast jab? While you don't want to become Twiggie Ramirez, you also don't want to get to the Air Force looking like Brock Lesnar.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 2:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't wait to start running. Go to a gym and use a treadmill, even if its just once or twice a week until it gets warmer outside. Seriously, there is no reason to wait and you will be better off when it comes time to start really training.

Sit-ups. If you are doing more than 30 sit ups in a rep, you're doing them wrong. You should be burning out at 30, rest, and then do another set. If you are doing them fast-like then you are not working your abs that much. Do them slow, and hold them at the top for a second or two. I use a medicine ball, throwing it straight up in the air at the top of my sit up and then catching it before going back down. It forces me to hold the position at the top to work the muscles, and it adds some resistance for the motion. You could even use a tennis ball, just to force you to hold the position.

Sit in front of the TV before bed and do 4-5 sets of 30 reps each. Not so boring and works them good. I used to do that in the mornings and before bed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 2:39pm

Style: Hammer Fisting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to bulk that's fine. Just make sure you don't let your waist get over 32 inches and you stay within your BMI. I lose quite a few points on my test because I have a 33 inch waist and I'm way over on my BMI.

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 2:41pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    32 inch waist for any height?
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 2:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    32 inch waist for any height?
    Pretty gay huh?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 2:49pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was like when the army told me that I was over weight for my height because I was at 175lbs and I was 5'8". I've always wondered...does anybody ever make weight in the military?
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 2:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My waist is like, a 28-30 ish right now, lol. I'm a pretty skinny guy.

I appreciate all the help in this thread, guys.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 6:30pm

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51
    That was like when the army told me that I was over weight for my height because I was at 175lbs and I was 5'8". I've always wondered...does anybody ever make weight in the military?
    The max for that height in the Corps is 181, and I should know. Before I got out I heard that the SgtMaj of the Marine Corps and the Commandant were talking about changing the regs to be more realistic, but never heard if anything came of it. There are a lot of Marines who score in the 270s and 280s on the PFT and still struggle to make weight.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 LastLast