Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 12:31am

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar
    You come from a family of smart men.
    Yeah, and while I consider myself smart...I am the black sheep of the family. :5forbidde <me
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 12:48am

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    Take steroids.
    Not unless you want an OTH.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 5:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So i tried the pyramid pushups thing today. I did 10-15-20-15-10, with 15 seconds in between each set.

Oh lawd, i was dead at the end. It was great.

As for sit-ups, i was able to do 40 in a minute. I didn't get tired, time just ran out. I can easily do 100 sit ups, i just need to get my speed up there.

pullups/running, i haven't had a chance to do. I'm thinking of just waiting on running until it gets warmer outside, and i can use the track.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 5:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    So i tried the pyramid pushups thing today. I did 10-15-20-15-10, with 15 seconds in between each set.

Oh lawd, i was dead at the end. It was great.

As for sit-ups, i was able to do 40 in a minute. I didn't get tired, time just ran out. I can easily do 100 sit ups, i just need to get my speed up there.

pullups/running, i haven't had a chance to do. I'm thinking of just waiting on running until it gets warmer outside, and i can use the track.
    Each day work on a specific muscle group. Don't do the dumb thing and say, "I'm going to run 10 miles, then work on my push-ups, and then work on.....and then work on...." You're going to kill yourself and not get anything worthwhile done.

Also, make sure you have the right diet. You don't want to bulk up.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 7:06am

Style: Hammer Fisting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    Situps are more about technique for the PT test. You only have to touch your scapula to the ground in the bottom position, not your entire upper back. Also, you cross your arms over your chest and your elbows just have to touch your thighs in the up position. It's actually a very small movement and more of a crunch really.

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 7:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BENXPX
    Situps are more about technique for the PT test. You only have to touch your scapula to the ground in the bottom position, not your entire upper back. Also, you cross your arms over your chest and your elbows just have to touch your thighs in the up position. It's actually a very small movement and more of a crunch really.
    Um...no. Maybe in the Air Force it's different, but I know for Army PT sit-ups, your fingers are laced behind your head. And the up position, your back must be perpendicular to the ground. The really anal guys will stand there with a clipboard and use it as a guide to count.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 7:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I'm talking about for the Air Force.

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 7:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BENXPX
    Yeah I'm talking about for the Air Force.
    really? weak! I mean... *cough*...what?:qbluewack

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 7:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I know. Here's the instructions from the AFI.
    Quote Originally Posted by AFI 10-248
    Complete Crunch: a complete crunch is accomplished when the upper torso of the member is raised off the floor/mat, the elbows touch the knees or thighs, and the upper torso is lowered back to the floor/mat until the shoulder blades touch the floor/mat. Elbows must touch the knees or thighs at the top of the crunch, and the shoulder blades must touch the floor/mat at the bottom of the crunch. The hands must stay in contact with the shoulders/upper chest at all times. The member may only rest in the up position. If the member rests in the down position, the test will be terminated.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 9:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrm1775
    I would agree that it is ultimately better to get a degree from a four-year school with a real, physical campus, but it wouldn't be a bad idea for a military member with enough free time to use online courses to get a head start. Walking on to campus with some of the required courses already out of the way would make for a much smoother transition into college life.
    I will agree to this.

While in high school I took two night courses each semester at the local community college and when I graduated, I already had all my pre-reqs out of the way and for all intents finished my Freshman year. By my Junior year I was already accepted by a couple of the State Universities and was able to enter college as a transfer student without needing to worry about my high school transcripts.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast