222239 Bullies, 3790 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 115
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. 2003volusia is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    78

    Posted On:
    11/28/2008 10:09pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by glf
    Yeah, I think that's exactly right, and if that is the purpose of the degree, then great. However, there is a big difference between getting the certificate and 'going to college.' It all depends on what an individual wants to do. If it's simply a case of getting the certificate and jumping into the job pool, then go for it.


    Do people in the military have their own sense of where different units come in the pecking order? Special Forces, Marines at the top, typing pool (or whatever) at the bottom? Same in education: Harvard and Yale top, online degrees bottom.
    Again, it only has really made a difference when the 'other guy' HAS an IVY LEAGUE degree!!! When I go into the job pool with my degree from APU/AMU and I am up for a job against some guy that has a degree, from, say (random school) Texas Tech...it's not gonna matter where the degree came from to the employer!!!!!!!
  2. BudoMonkey is offline
    BudoMonkey's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    1,770

    Posted On:
    11/28/2008 10:26pm


     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take steroids.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.
  3. 3moose1 is offline
    3moose1's Avatar

    United States Marine.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Clemente
    Posts
    9,530

    Posted On:
    11/28/2008 11:02pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought about it, but i don't want to do ROTC. I just want to hurry up and get my life under way. I'm sick of waiting tables, i'm sick of Michigan, i just want to go and see whats next.

    Even if i can't get to too much college while i'm in, I'll still think its a positive experience.

    PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey
  4. AlphaFoxtrot51 is offline
    AlphaFoxtrot51's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    1,752

    Posted On:
    11/28/2008 11:39pm


     Style: Sambo n3wb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar
    Unless you're going to work at Goldman Sachs or a big-name law firm, no one really gives two shits where you went to school. They are impressed with work experience, including the military, that shows you can do a job 40+ hours a week without bankrupting your employer or setting the building on fire. If you're the type to serve your country first and worry about college later, you're not the type to step on another person's neck to get 80 grand out of the gate working 60 hours a week.

    If you think most hiring managers know the difference between Penn and Penn State, you're wrong.
    The only reason I know the difference is because my father went to Univ. of Penn. LoL
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

    Christmas Tag Wishlist:


  5. 2003volusia is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    78

    Posted On:
    11/28/2008 11:46pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51
    The only reason I know the difference is because my father went to Univ. of Penn. LoL
    there's a difference????? :eusa_doh:
  6. Ka-Bar is offline
    Ka-Bar's Avatar

    is a Godd*mn Federale!

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    1,924

    Posted On:
    11/28/2008 11:48pm

    supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003volusia
    there's a difference????? :eusa_doh:
    Yeah, about 30 grand a year more in tuition.

    Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls
  7. AlphaFoxtrot51 is offline
    AlphaFoxtrot51's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    1,752

    Posted On:
    11/28/2008 11:54pm


     Style: Sambo n3wb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar
    Yeah, about 30 grand a year more in tuition.
    LoL, one is also an Ivy League...the other is not.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

    Christmas Tag Wishlist:


  8. Ka-Bar is offline
    Ka-Bar's Avatar

    is a Godd*mn Federale!

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    1,924

    Posted On:
    11/29/2008 12:15am

    supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51
    LoL, one is also an Ivy League...the other is not.
    I know that, ass... And one has a great football team. And one is 4 times the size of the other. I'm referring to the quality of education. The biggest difference is about 30 grand a year in tuition. An investment that has not been shown to pay for itself in the long run. However, I'm sure your old man would say different.

    Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls
  9. AlphaFoxtrot51 is offline
    AlphaFoxtrot51's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    1,752

    Posted On:
    11/29/2008 12:18am


     Style: Sambo n3wb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar
    I know that, ass... And one has a great football team. And one is 4 times the size of the other. I'm referring to the quality of education. The biggest difference is about 30 grand a year in tuition. An investment that has not been shown to pay for itself in the long run. However, I'm sure your old man would say different.
    He would say the same thing my grandfather said, "College is whatever you make of it."
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

    Christmas Tag Wishlist:


  10. Ka-Bar is offline
    Ka-Bar's Avatar

    is a Godd*mn Federale!

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    1,924

    Posted On:
    11/29/2008 12:23am

    supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51
    He would say the same thing my grandfather said, "College is whatever you make of it."
    You come from a family of smart men.

    Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.