Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/28/2008 3:57am

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson
    I can run faster scared than you can mad.

Start running for a half hour, several times a week. Everyday if you are serious. Don't worry about how far, just go run for a half hour and increase your distance/speed over time. Use a treadmill in the winter.

And use an ipod or mp3 player. I can't really run without music, it gets boring fast. Use some good fast paced songs, and use them to measure how long you've been running. Running to the end of a playlist is easier than running for so-many minutes.

Also:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64258
    Try this: Set a time for yourself (say 15 or 20 minutes) and run out from your start point until the clock stops. Then you can't cheat yourself on distance because you are now out in the middle of nowhere and have to run all the way back. Try to go a little farther before the clock runs out each time you run.

Sevendust is badass for a running playlist. Any track from Alpha will do.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2008 11:47am

Style: Hammer Fisting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    Things have changed, old man.
    I'm only 24 you damn whippersnapper! Seriously though, only sign up for four years. Don't get tricked into doing 5 or 6. That way you can cross train at 3 years or just get out at 4 and you won't be screwed doing something you hate for 5 or 6 years. There's a lot more information about the SF career field on the military.com forums. You will mostly just be guarding gates (not so much anymore now that it's contracted out) and airplanes and being bored off your ass. Most of the SF guys are deployed for 6 months and home for 6 months constantly, unless you get assigned to one of the missile bases. If you get assigned to one of the missile bases (which are in Montana, Wyoming and North Dakota) you likely won't be deploying at all unless you want to.

Posted On:
    11/28/2008 12:59pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny thing is, i'm actually really considering going to SERE school.
    SERE is fun if you're not a vagina about getting slapped around.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    11/28/2008 1:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like running to Alexisonfire, Airborne, good linken park.

Good idea with running in one direction for 15-20 minutes. I usually keep time with the songs im listening to.
    In the summertime, I actually run until I get tired, and then have to run home :)

One day I ended up running 4 miles until I got tired and then ran back, along a beach, in the sand. I was sore for the whole week.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/28/2008 1:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any talk of the USAF being pussies is just guys who are WAY to concerned about what people THINK of them. Compared to ANY of the SPEC-OPS teams, the guys who are regular USA....wimps, regular USN...wimps (that's me), regular USMC...wimps (that's right, not every USMC grunt is a bad ass). So who cares? The fact that you get training that YOU want and that you serve your country is ALL that really matters.

UNLESS you go some sort of SPEC-OPS you are gonna have to train on your own if you want to be 'hard' no matter what.

Each service NEEDS what the other services provide in order to do it's job. Even the USCG is needed and important.

In this economy, I am glad that I have a guarenteed income every two weeks.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    11/28/2008 1:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003volusia
    In this economy, I am glad that I have a guarenteed income every two weeks.
    Another reason why i'm joining. Decent pay, food/housing paid for, cheaper goods. I'll get real life experience doing a job i can do when i get out, and i can get 100% tuition assistance while i'm in, and actually have the time to use it! (not to mention a rapingly huge amount of money for college after)

I'm not sure what i want to do with my life, and i'd rather spend the time while i figure it out doing something meaningful, rather then waste it eating cheetos and playing WoW all day.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/28/2008 1:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another reason why i'm joining. Decent pay, food/housing paid for, cheaper goods. I'll get real life experience doing a job i can do when i get out, and i can get 100% tuition assistance while i'm in, and actually have the time to use it! (not to mention a rapingly huge amount of money for college after)

I'm not sure what i want to do with my life, and i'd rather spend the time while i figure it out doing something meaningful, rather then waste it eating cheetos and playing WoW all day.
    BACK THE EDUCATION BUS UP!!!! I know that they are TELLING you that you will have time to do all your college and everything...and you will.....EVENTUALLY!!!!!! It will NOT be right away...it might not even be the first THREE years!!!!

I was not able to start College until I had been in 5 YEARS!!!!!!!!

It all depends on your rate and your first command. You will NOT be taking any whilst in your initial training. Guaranteed. Then, when you get to your first command, while you are qualifying to do your job you MOST LIKELY won't be doing any outside education either. Then they may have some other stipulations. For example: if you have taken a promotion exam, they MAY require that you have passed the last one in order for you to use Tuition Assistance. Since your command has to sign off on your TA they can (and will) do things like that.

Also, I hope you are planning on doing an online school. While many commands will try to work with you to attend an actual sit down school...that's all they will do..is TRY. You won't have a guarantee that you won't miss classes. An online one will be MUCH easier for you to succeed at.

It's still a good deal, just don't be surprised when they tell you those little stipulations.

Posted On:
    11/28/2008 1:49pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003volusia
    BACK THE EDUCATION BUS UP!!!! I know that they are TELLING you that you will have time to do all your college and everything...and you will.....EVENTUALLY!!!!!! It will NOT be right away...it might not even be the first THREE years!!!!

I was not able to start College until I had been in 5 YEARS!!!!!!!!

It all depends on your rate and your first command. You will NOT be taking any whilst in your initial training. Guaranteed. Then, when you get to your first command, while you are qualifying to do your job you MOST LIKELY won't be doing any outside education either. Then they may have some other stipulations. For example: if you have taken a promotion exam, they MAY require that you have passed the last one in order for you to use Tuition Assistance. Since your command has to sign off on your TA they can (and will) do things like that.

Also, I hope you are planning on doing an online school. While many commands will try to work with you to attend an actual sit down school...that's all they will do..is TRY. You won't have a guarantee that you won't miss classes. An online one will be MUCH easier for you to succeed at.

It's still a good deal, just don't be surprised when they tell you those little stipulations.
    I have to agree with volusia, here. I tried to get college work done while I was enlisted. There was no time to do it, and when I finally did get time...my request was denied. As much as we're all pulling for you to make it, all of us here could probably tell you the same **** with an overall message being, "Don't drink the kool-aid."
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/28/2008 1:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's the advantage that I have: being Navy, all our hectic work schedule is when we are on sea duty, so when I finally went to shore duty, my schedule is a lot calmer and allows college time easily (online..that's the key!!!)

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    11/28/2008 2:25pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    moose, I take it you don't want to go the ROTC route? at least that way you get your college done beforehand and also get a big fat commission out of it
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast