fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    11/28/2008 4:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To Honesty,

I looked again at the website of Korean Kickboxing Taunton and there are some things that give me a feeling of red flags.

1) No where I can see Kyuk Too Ki written on the site, what's really weird because they claim korean kickboxing.

2) The teacher has got a 7th degree? Maybe 10 to 20% of all Kyuk Too Ki clubs use the sash system and the highest rank I have ever seen is black sash. Never even heard of degrees in black sashes.

I'm sorry that my debat about Knuckle Protectors with kolsyrade messed up the readability of this thread.

For more questions about Kyuk Too Ki contact DerAuslander108.

Have fun

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2008 12:43am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Although that site doesn't elaborate much, the affiliated clubs they link to do, and it seems to have developed from taekwondo guys who wanted do do more sparring (see here and here). They appear to mostly do semi and light contact tournaments.

There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but it is what it is. If you're looking for full contact ring sparring, this may not be the club for you. Best way to know is to try it out.

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 10:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

He could have phoned!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs View Post
    To Honesty,

I looked again at the website of Korean Kickboxing Taunton and there are some things that give me a feeling of red flags.

1) No where I can see Kyuk Too Ki written on the site, what's really weird because they claim korean kickboxing.

2) The teacher has got a 7th degree? Maybe 10 to 20% of all Kyuk Too Ki clubs use the sash system and the highest rank I have ever seen is black sash. Never even heard of degrees in black sashes.

Have fun
    I'm Mark Monk and one of my students brought this post to my attention. I know it's an old post but after reading all the threads I felt I had write on here. Firstly, do not confuse me with Gary Harrison (a link has been posted about him on here), this would be a disaster!!! I have been along to one of his classes, never again. In fact, a number of his students have now joined my club. To save a lot of hassle the guy who made the first post could have just asked the gym for my phone number to get any info he wanted. I am not a 7th Degree black belt, I'm not sure where that info came from. The club competes at both light contact and full contact level (kickboxing, K-1, low Kick). My instructor taught TKD many years ago and moved into kickboxing. He called it Korean Kickboxing to stick to what he had learned, you can find out more through KMA Wales. We do light sparring for those that compete at light contact and heavy contact for those who compete in full contact. I also fight at full contact level. Visit Taunton Cougars Kickboxing for more info. (Again, please don't confuse me with Gary Harrison, Van Dame might find out!!)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2013 2:39pm

Style: sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the heck is "Men Continuous Advanced"?

I looked up Continuous kickboxing on youtube and it looked a lot like dancing in gloves and a helmet. Am I missing something?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234