fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    11/26/2008 7:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by honesty
    Zendokan, I think its more korean kickboxing rather than koream muay thai.
    So technically it's Kyuk Too Ki.
    If he uses the sash system and he's in Europe, the colors will probely be white, yellow, green, blue, red, brown and black.
    It will look normally as a mix between "Japanese" kickboxing and Savate, due to the fact that you will train "chambered" and "stretched leg" kicks.

KTKers enter normal kickboxing competitions, but if you would ever have the chance to enter a Kyuk Too Ki tournament you will see some real bad-assery.
    The only protection is in those competitions a mouthpiece and a shell, no gloves, no kyokushin knuckle protectors and no shinprotectors.

Have fun

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2008 12:29pm

Style: kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan
    So technically it's Kyuk Too Ki.
    <snip>
    It will look normally as a mix between "Japanese" kickboxing and Savate, due to the fact that you will train "chambered" and "stretched leg" kicks.

KTKers enter normal kickboxing competitions, but if you would ever have the chance to enter a Kyuk Too Ki tournament you will see some real bad-assery.
    The only protection is in those competitions a mouthpiece and a shell, no gloves, no kyokushin knuckle protectors and no shinprotectors.
    Kyuk Too Ki is basically tkd with thaiboxing influenced rules, usually fought without ropes. Plenty of gloves and padding. YouTube - Kyuk Toogi Competition in Daegu

Kyokushin knuckle protectors???
    What is that?
    Kyokushin is bareknuckle. Even tape on the knuckles are allowed only on tournament doctor order and supervision, and never in the first fight in a tournament.

On topic. west style kickboxing developed out of karate+boxing. The last few years there has been many influences from thaiboxing, but it is not unusual that western style kickboxing has grading systems and even "belts" as name for grades.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    11/27/2008 3:08pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With the Kyokushin knuckle protectors I meant this:

Hell, even the ones in the picture are too big, they look like a small sweatband with on one side some foam, you were them around your knuckle and the handpalm. I hope you understand whitch type of protectors I mean.

The Kyuk Too Ki competitions here in the West use protective gear like shinguards, gloves and headgear, but if you follow the original ruleset it should only be a mouthpiece and a shell.
    Last edited by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs; 11/27/2008 3:30pm at .

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    11/27/2008 5:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there was an awful lot of hugging in that video.

Are you sure it wasn't bejayGAY?

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2008 5:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With the Kyokushin knuckle protectors I meant this:

Hell, even the ones in the picture are too big, they look like a small sweatband with on one side some foam, you were them around your knuckle and the handpalm. I hope you understand whitch type of protectors I mean.

LOL! that is not kyokushin. That is from a specific event using unique rules called " Chaos Mad Max". It has nothing to do with kyokushin, except that the arranging style organization (Kenshinkan -a weird offshot from shorinji kempo, even if it has been much influenced by kyokushin) ordinarily competes with rules similar to kyokushin.

THIS is normal kyokushin, with the traditional rules used internationally (actually this is from the last world tournament held my one of the major kyokushin organizations, IKO1, last year).
    No gloves, knuckle protectors or handwraps here!

The Kyuk Too Ki competitions here in the West use protective gear like shinguards, gloves and headgear, but if you follow the original ruleset it should only be a mouthpiece and a shell.
    No, sorry but you are dead wrong here. Original Kyuk Too Ki was created in korea for tkd guys wanting to go a step closer to kickboxing. It is basic kickboxing equipment (boxing glove, mouthpiece, groincups and the occasional boxing type helmet and shinguard). The vid I linked to was from a korean Kyuk Too Ki tournament with the original rules&equipment, not from some european/american tournament.

But this is all offtopic.It has nothing to do with kickboxing gradings. If you want to discuss it more, start a new thread.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    11/27/2008 5:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    there was an awful lot of hugging in that video.

Are you sure it wasn't bejayGAY?
    Sure about the bejayGAY?

YouTube - Final Torneo Kyeok Too Ki 2002

YouTube - Semifinal Torneo Kyeok Too Ki 2002

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    11/27/2008 5:47pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To Kolsyrade, I was talking about these gloves:

Only kyokushin Karateka uses this type of gloves when they compete in "Open Karate Tournaments" (where punches to the face are legit), the Shotokan and Wado-Ryu Karateka uses kickboxing gloves.

That's why they get called "Kyokushin Knuckle Protectors", I wore them also so you could call them also "Taekwondo Knuckle Protectors".

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    11/27/2008 5:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kolsyrade
    ...But this is all offtopic.It has nothing to do with kickboxing gradings. If you want to discuss it more, start a new thread.
    The OP said that the club practised "korean kickboxing", thus probally Kyuk Too Ki/Kyeok Toogi
    Last edited by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs; 11/27/2008 5:55pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2008 6:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To Kolsyrade, I was talking about these gloves:

Only kyokushin Karateka uses this type of gloves when they compete in "Open Karate Tournaments" (where punches to the face are legit), the Shotokan and Wado-Ryu Karateka uses kickboxing gloves.
    I have practiced kyokushin for close to 20 years. With the exception of some kids tournaments and in some countries where local laws&regulations force them to use it, no gloves or knuckle pads are ever used. Never in international competitions. It is just not normal or traditional kyokushin equipment.
    Also kyokushin do not allow facepunches -again, with some very few exceptions. One organization, kyokushin-kan, started a new competiton format 2007 with face punches and similar gloves, but that is hardly kyokushin standard especially as only 2 competitions with them has been held so far. Saying that kyokushin use knuckle gards based on that , is flimsy logic at best!

The OP said that the club practised "korean kickboxing", thus probally Kyok Too Ki.
    I have no problem with that assumption. I am the one claiming Kyok too ki to be basically kickboxing, with some minor variations. I object to your faulty information that KTK is bareknuckle, no shinpads, no protection "bad-assery" (and your very faulty info that kyokushin uses knuckle protectors).

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    11/27/2008 6:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kolsyrade, I'm starting to think that even while we both use the English language, we're in fact not talking to eachother, but passed eachother.

In none of my posts on this thread I said that Kyokushin Karateka used any form of gloves in Kyokushin Karate Tournaments.
    I said that in Open Karate Tournaments they use these knuckle protectors as their gloves. Open Karate Tournaments are not Kyokushin tournaments but tournaments were practiseners of any style can compete against eachother under a Karate ruleset were punches to the face are legit.

I have fought against Savateurs, Kickboxers, Muay Thaiers, Karateka (Shotokan, Wado-Ryu, etc...), Taekwondoka, Kyokushinka, Kung-Fu-ers in these competitions.
    The protective gear in Open Karate Tournaments is a mouthpiece, gloves (varia from the very light to English boxing gloves), a shell and footprotectors (no shinguards).

All the Kyokushinka wore those light foam protectors, while the rest of us wore MT gloves, it was a distinct feature and that's the reason why those gloves got "nicknamed" Kyokushin Knuckle Protectors. In my second Open Karate Tournament I also started to wear these foam knuckle protectors instead of MT gloves (because a dutch Kyokushinka had broken two of my ribs wearing those lightweight protectors).

edit: My first Open Karate Tournament (under the full contact ruleset) was in 1994 since you had to be 18 years to participate.
    Last edited by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs; 11/27/2008 7:00pm at .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast