Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/25/2008 6:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I LOL so hard whenever I see the donkey punches come down. He just kinda sits there taking it with that look on his "what the **** am I doing here!? mommy!!!".

Winner: Sunchips by epic KO

Happy birthday to me.

Posted On:
    11/25/2008 7:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fes_fsa
    oh...

you mean THAruz.

As hilarious as the pic is, it is with regret to say that the photograph does not fit our plus sized subject. The kid is beaming with hope and a bright future. We can't say the same for tharuz.

yes....

Posted On:
    11/25/2008 7:57pm

Style: drunken bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he's got his lunchbox full of MMA gear...

and he's on his way to a TD...

because, as you know, attending those is far better than actually training.

Happy birthday to me.

Posted On:
    11/25/2008 8:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh. I see your point now. He's happy because when the TD is over, he'll have a fist put up beside his name.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    11/26/2008 12:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    needs moar moosey in the report.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Posted On:
    11/26/2008 3:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2nd draft (if anyone cares... which you don't).

Muay Thai is the national sport of Thailand. Also known as 'the art of eight limbs', Muay Thai
    or Thai boxing is a combat sport fought in a boxing ring. Combatants use a variety of
    punches, kicks, knee, and elbow strikes to fight their opponent. In Muay Thai a fighter can win by decision or knock out. For a judged win a fighter must show superior technique, ring control, and aggressiveness in order to outscore his opponent. Muay Thai sprang forth from a much older art called Muay Boran which dates back over 2000 years.

Muay Boran means ancient boxing, and was typically only practiced by soldiers in the Royal Thai army up until the 1700's when Muay Boran started to be practiced much more by commoners. During periods where war was more common, soldiers would spar and fight to keep their skills sharp during short times of peace. The first form of organized competition was between the strongest boxers of the army, whom would fight in front of the king. Old competition rules were very scarce and the only protection fighters had were hand wraps made of hardened rope.

Knock outs were very common and death in the ring was not very surprising. During the 1920's after witnessing the death of a boxer, the King of Thailand remodeled Muay Boran competition fighting. In turn, Muay Thai was created. Western style boxing gloves, timed rounds, and refereesí were all introduced, and it was made a sport anyone could compete in. Thailand is not one of the richest countries in the world, and to escape poverty many young men and women join Thai boxing gyms and fight for cash prizes.

Children fight as early as six years old. In Thailand there is no way to make money fighting in an amateur rule set which most boxers have their first and last fight with just gloves, shorts, and all strikes allowed regardless of age. Because of such an early starting age, most fighters retire and go on to pursue regular jobs around their early to mid-twenties. Muay Thai is widely popular around the world as well. Countries with modern Thai boxing champions include Australia, Canada, Holland, Italy, France, Scotland and many other nations.

In America, Muay Thai is still having a lot of problems becoming approved by the national sports commission mostly due to its use of knee and elbow strikes. While a very brutal and punishing sport, Muay Thai still has great aspects of beauty and cultural significance to it such as pre-fight ritual called the 'Wai Kru Ram Muay' which roughly translates to 'boxer paying respect to teachers'. Starting from the entrance of the ring, the fighter will bow their head and then go inside the ring where they will pray with their coach for luck. After that, the fighter will pay respect to each corner of the ring, and before the match officially begins a pre-fight dance will start from the center of the ring. This also works as a quick warm up.

For more information about Muay Thai, and to check out the latest in Thai boxing news you can visit www.mymuaythai.com , www.usmta.com, and www.bullshido.org/Muay_Thai.

Also: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    11/26/2008 3:55pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Squerlli, you're writing is terrible. The information is good, the way its presented could use work...

I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    I agree with moosey

Posted On:
    11/26/2008 3:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does the US even have a "national sports commission"?

PS: This is NOT a paragragh, but the first and last half og two different ones: Children fight as early as six years old. In Thailand there is no way to make money fighting in an amateur rule set which most boxers have their first and last fight with just gloves, shorts, and all strikes allowed regardless of age. Because of such an early starting age, most fighters retire and go on to pursue regular jobs around their early to mid-twenties. Muay Thai is widely popular around the world as well. Countries with modern Thai boxing champions include Australia, Canada, Holland, Italy, France, Scotland and many other nations.

Posted On:
    11/26/2008 4:05pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No no no, dude I only split it up that way because my professor wanted it double spaced, not in an essay format (1 intro, 2-3 body, 1 conclusion) I was just instructed to type it and double space it. I only spaced it out to make it easier to read.

And I'm pretty sure the US does have a sports commission, or at least there is a governing body overing seeing what is and isn't allowed in sporting events. I've read from articles pertaining the whole knee and elbow thing in a couple of different articles and usually they refer to the sports commission (I could be mistaken, I probably am, but this is what I remember, I'm gonna go research it now).

Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    Squerlli, you're writing is terrible. The information is good, the way its presented could use work...
    Last edited by Squerlli; 11/26/2008 4:10pm at .

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    11/26/2008 5:37pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninja, your paragraphs have no continuity, and your sentences run more then girls who see your dick.

Mah writin' is t3h winsauce. I'll post an example of my letter to an editor on monday.

I agree with moosey
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456