Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 9:50pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been there a couple times now for jits, I've watched a bit of there kickboxing but I cant get there in time to participate.
    Aliveness- Gets a 7 because as far as I know theres no sparring with strikes or anything, but there's open mat for jiu jitsu.

Equipment- 6. Theres plenty of equipment for the gym, but could be better. Theres no weights or anything, could use some more bags to work kicks.

Gym Size- 6. It's a fairly small place. There's plenty of room for the class size, it's not cramped, but it's fairly small.

Instructor/Student Ratio- 7. Classes aren't big enough to need more instructors there, so the ratio is fine.

Atmosphere- 10. This is one of the reasons I really love this place. It's laid back, not incredibly competitive, but really focused on learning.

Striking- The striking instructions good, I don't know Chris's background in striking at all, but he's not world class or anything. Solid instruction though. Lots of pad work. No sparring as far as I can tell, but he's said he had some guys fight out of there so they must have gotten some sparring in.

Grappling- This is the main focus of the gym, and the instructions great. Chris is a brown belt under Charuto Verissimo. He really knows what he's doing. Not the best instructor I've ever seen, but definitely quality.

Weapon- They might do weapons in the kids class, I saw some fake weapons there. There's no focus on weapons training there though. Which in my opinion is a good thing.

I really like this gym, and recomend it to anyone wanting to learn some grappling.

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 1:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FYI, Chris received his black belt from Charuto this past weekend.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12