Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/22/2008 7:41pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Aberdeen South Dakota !

Ok? here's the deal! There is a chance that I could be transferring to another plant in Aberdeen South Dakota in the next few months for work. The problem is when I Googled martial arts only one place showed up. It was Aberdeen Kenpo karate school. It dose'nt look so good. They train in AkkA kenpo,the chun(god forbid) and it says Jujitsu, but I have a gut feeling it ain't pretty! I have seen some kenpo that I would train, but when I did some searching around, (no website that I could find) I found a my space page wich I think is the instructor's. However, it had (brace yourself!) Ashida Kim listed as one of his friends. Does anybody on this site train there? Or can somebody please tell me of another good place to train with in say one hr's drive. At this point I am actually just thinking of changing carrers if I do end up having to transfer. My options are some what open as to the style but it has to at least be somewhat respectable. If somebody from this site trains there and I am mistaken about the school than I'm sorry please correct me but Kim and the Chun are throwing up some serious red flags. If you find a decent web page for the site please post it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2008 7:55pm

Style: unemployed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That place only have a population of 25 000-30 000. Would you really be willing to move to such a place? Will you be fired if you refuse to move? can you get a new job?

They have Golf though.. Golf>Ashida kim ;)

Posted On:
    11/22/2008 10:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Pantaloons
    That place only have a population of 25 000-30 000. Would you really be willing to move to such a place? Will you be fired if you refuse to move? can you get a new job?

They have Golf though.. Golf>Ashida kim ;)
    The plant that I am currently working at is in trouble as far as work goes. I have 12 years invested with this company, and we have a plant in South Dakota that is involved with wind energy that has a lot of work. It's not that I will get fired, There just might not be enough buisness here at the Northwest plant to continue. It is not for sure yet but I should no in the next couple of months. And yes I may just have to settle for golf,because I dont really see myself training at the kenpo/Chun school.

Posted On:
    11/22/2008 10:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah! your avatar sucks you need a cool one like mine ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2008 12:31am

Style: unemployed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodedmonk
    Oh yeah! your avatar sucks you need a cool one like mine ;)
    hehe:D my avatar reflects my personality;D

You probably have your own family if you have worked 12 years at the same place. small places like Aberdeen is a good place to raise kids.

Posted On:
    11/23/2008 12:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Pantaloons
    hehe:D my avatar reflects my personality;D

You probably have your own family if you have worked 12 years at the same place. small places like Aberdeen is a good place to raise kids.
    Yes good for raising kids but apparently bad for ma's

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2008 4:36pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a wind power company that's based out of Fargo, ND. One of my bjj buddies works there. Maybe you could move up here. Just a little farther north.

Posted On:
    11/23/2008 7:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HailtotheKing
    There's a wind power company that's based out of Fargo, ND. One of my bjj buddies works there. Maybe you could move up here. Just a little farther north.
    My goal is to stay with the company that I'm already with. We are currently making MRAP's for the millitary, but Our plant in South Dakota is into wind energy and buisness is booming. I'm also the production manager so I dont really want to start over if I don't have to.

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    11/23/2008 9:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodedmonk
    Ok? here's the deal! There is a chance that I could be transferring to another plant in Aberdeen South Dakota in the next few months for work. The problem is when I Googled martial arts only one place showed up. It was Aberdeen Kenpo karate school. It dose'nt look so good. They train in AkkA kenpo,the chun(god forbid) and it says Jujitsu, but I have a gut feeling it ain't pretty! I have seen some kenpo that I would train, but when I did some searching around, (no website that I could find) I found a my space page wich I think is the instructor's. However, it had (brace yourself!) Ashida Kim listed as one of his friends. Does anybody on this site train there? Or can somebody please tell me of another good place to train with in say one hr's drive. At this point I am actually just thinking of changing carrers if I do end up having to transfer. My options are some what open as to the style but it has to at least be somewhat respectable. If somebody from this site trains there and I am mistaken about the school than I'm sorry please correct me but Kim and the Chun are throwing up some serious red flags. If you find a decent web page for the site please post it.
    There are some MMA fighters and the occasional promotion in Aberdeen. There's also a decent kickboxing instructor in Clark, so I hear.

But, Jebus, are paragraphs are correct spelling too much to ask?

Posted On:
    11/24/2008 1:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotajudo
    There are some MMA fighters and the occasional promotion in Aberdeen. There's also a decent kickboxing instructor in Clark, so I hear.

But, Jebus, are paragraphs are correct spelling too much to ask?
    Ok great! where? who? websites,address????????
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast