Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2008 1:37pm

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Observer journalist boxes Carl Froch

Short video of a journalist sparring with Carl Froch, reigning British and Commonwealth
    super-middleweight champion. Froch only turned professional at 25, and now at 31 is finally getting a chance at the WBC belt. For an undefeated fighter, it's a shame he's not better known.

Sorry for being unable to embed:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserve...observer-fight

Posted On:
    11/21/2008 2:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was cool. It was funny when he took off his headgear--and amazing when they showed Froch almost unload a massive overhand, then pull it back, all in slow-motion.

Good videojournalism post. Never heard of Froch before--I'll keep my eyes out for him. Nice style.

Posted On:
    11/21/2008 2:08pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was a really nice video, I like the fact that the journalist stepped into the ring with him...that takes some stones. I'd agree, I've never heard of the guy but I will keep my eyes open for him now.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2008 2:32pm

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad you liked it. It reminded me of a Tommy Cooper joke (much-loved old British comedian).

"I had Ali in the ring once. I had him worried...... He thought he'd killed me."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2008 4:08pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    23-0 with 19 knockouts, pretty impressive

Posted On:
    11/22/2008 10:45am

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your rep. I plus it.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Posted On:
    11/24/2008 6:33am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll have to check it elsewhere as it will be blocked in the office.

It's not a new idea, it's just a copy of Paul Gallico when he asked to spar Jack Dempsey and failed to understand that once Dempsey got between the ropes, he had NO restraint. It was a short and painful experience for Gallico but at least Dempsey helped him off the floor: "Are you all right, kid?"

The editor of "Boxing News" (premier British Boxing Weekly, yep, I'm a reader - some 30 years standing every Friday) Claude Abrams also did the same with Prince Naseem Hamid but couldn't lay a glove on him - this was in the Brendan Ingle days.

For those unaware of Carl Froch (what?!) he is a deceptive and lightning fast PUNCHER. He's been chasing Joe Calzaghe for some years but that's not criticism of Joe, who was himself chasing Kessler, Jones, Hopkins etc. and struggling with the Super Middleweight limit. Froch will hopefully win and in terms of style, holds his left hand very, very low to draw in the uwary and then spark them out hence his nickname of Cobra.

BTW, I read the article in yesterday's Observer.

Cheers