Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 11:03pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Scott Sonnen's Intu-Flow

http://www.intu-flow.com/

Scott Sonnen has been teaching this program called Intu-Flow that is a sort of ROM exercise program that he says is good for rehab of joints as well as "prehab" to prevent injury and ensure proper joint mobility through greater ROM. This looks good to me and I am thinking of starting to learn it.

I post this here in hopes of hearing more... critical evaluations of said program than the propaghanda on his website.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/21/2008 9:07am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmetShamash
    http://www.intu-flow.com/

Scott Sonnen has been teaching this program called Intu-Flow that is a sort of ROM exercise program that he says is good for rehab of joints as well as "prehab" to prevent injury and ensure proper joint mobility through greater ROM. This looks good to me and I am thinking of starting to learn it.

I post this here in hopes of hearing more... critical evaluations of said program than the propaghanda on his website.
    Agreed. Thanks and please keep us posted what your impressions of the program are.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2008 9:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For those interested in seeing what the program entails, the begginer and intermediate series are posted on youtube.

The IntuFlow Mobility Series Part 1
    YouTube - Scott Sonnon Intuflow Joint Mobility Beginner Part 1

The IntuFlow Mobility Series Part 2
    YouTube - Scott Sonnon Intuflow Beginner Part 2

The IntuFlow Mobility Series Part 3
    YouTube - Scott Sonnon Intuflow Beginner Part 3

The IntuFlow Mobility Series Part 4
    YouTube - Scott Sonnon Intuflow Beginner Part 4

The IntuFlow Mobility Series Part 5
    YouTube - Scott Sonnon Intuflow Beginner Part 5

The IntuFlow Mobility Series Part 6
    YouTube - Scott Sonnon Intuflow Beginner Part 6
    Last edited by Steve; 11/21/2008 5:13pm at . Reason: Fixed broken video links.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    11/21/2008 4:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been implementing a stretching program over the last few weeks for rehab/prehab, so I'll definitely give these a look-see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2008 7:26pm

Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good moves. At first I could not tell if it was dancing, ass shaking or just getting out of cold water. lol
    I think being flexible helps to do that.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    11/22/2008 11:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gave some of the videos a watch... it looks like it'd be a decent pre-activity warm-up session, but I don't think it's what I'm looking for in terms of flexibility/rehab work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Posted On:
    11/24/2008 11:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I own Intu-Flow and a few other RMAX materials, though I'm by no means one of the "brainwashed CST crowd." I've found Intu-Flow really helpful in just day to day life, and in keeping balanced with fitness. If there's a more specific question you have about it, ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/26/2008 2:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how long do you spend doing the sequence?

how long do you spend in each movement?

how brainwashed are the CST crowds?

Posted On:
    11/26/2008 9:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The whole sequence if you follow the video takes about 30 minutes, but once you know the movements you can get it down to 15 or 20 to do the whole program. The crux of it, however, is that you don't need to do the sequence all the way through. He recommends just doing a couple movements at the top of each hour, throughout the day. I find it more convenient just to do it once all the way through. If you decide only to do the "big joints" like the neck, shoulders, thorax, pelvis, hips, and spine with none of the other material, you could probably get the time down to 5-10 minutes.

Each individual movement focuses on one joint complex such as neck, shoulders, hips, wrist, etc. At the beginning level they are joint circles, which then become more complicated movements like figure 8's, and only take 5-10 seconds per joint. In some cases it takes longer because you work in more than one direction.

The CST crowd to me actually seems pretty well educated, but also seems to forget sometimes that there is no be-all end-all in fitness. Most of them do know quite a bit about physiology and movement, but can be somewhat closed-minded about other ways to train. Other than that, it's kind of hard to describe unless you just read their forum.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    11/26/2008 9:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is CST?
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast