Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 11:53am

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You kids want to fight - Take it outside!

Growing up when it was time to settle scores, My brothers and I were instructed by my dad to go outside, get on the boxing gloves and go at it. And we did, and we resolved the issues and went about being a family again, sticking up for each other. We were poor, life was hard, and resolving issues allowed life to resume to normal. No one got Really hurt...except that time I got clubbed by a hockey stick...but there were no 'rents around for that.

Fighting is what little boys (and girls do), being able to fight back is what keeps them from being picked on, and having a real appriciation of where they stand, and having to back up what they say. So when I saw the following video, and the media reactino I wasn't sure how to react. I've been there, minus the Video, youtube and Child Protection Workers, but I've been there. Actually I have a picture of my owning my brothers as toddlers, 2 on 1... guess my dad took it.

Anyone who handles kids must secretly wish that they sometimes would just settle the issues, and then move on. Not saying sharing this stuff with everyone was wise but am I really from a generation that the parents would rather supervise this and intervene when things get out of control. I would do it different then the soldier did, but perhaps that is how his dad handled it with him. Talking and listening is not always the answer.

In hindsight I wished some of it was around to go over at Thanksgiving dinner table, as these fights become legends, 30 years later. There is nothing funny about child abuse, and I am not sure where the line is. My family had a boxing/fighting ring in the back yard...how did you solve it?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y58aBrpJ8No"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y58aBrpJ8No][/html]
    Last edited by KO'd N DOA; 11/24/2008 12:46pm at .

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 12:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my old man told me to beat the **** out of the neighborhood bully.

i did.

i got ice cream that night.

i think i'm gonna go give my old man a hug.

but what ever happend to this attitude. i remember watching the andy griffith show when i was a kid. opie got bullied, finally fought back. he beat the **** out of the kid but got a black eye in the process. he was happy, andy was happy, barny was proud of him. he shut up a shithead at the cost of a black eye. i wouldn't condone putting up kids fights on youtube, but kids have to learn that some things will get your ass kicked, as well as how to defend yourself.

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 12:09pm

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I dont' have any brothers or sisters, but I did fight at school a lot.

My mom was like "Dont' fight it's not the answer, avoid confrontation".

My dad was like "put your weight in to the right straight and hook! But only if you have to.

All I know is that every kid that picked on me went to karate class after that.
    One even took up boxing and is national champ, so that kinda messed him up a bit, but any how it wasnt' dirty it was like, they pick on me I brake their nose, they cry I get yelled by my mom and a thumbs up from my dad.
    Last edited by Siniq; 11/19/2008 1:38pm at .

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 12:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem with this is the age of the kids. 2 years old is too young for this ****. I totally agree with you (OP) about the merits of 'take it outside'. I grew up under similar circumstances, with just my mom in the house, so I had to learn to fight by (painful) experience. My kid has been Thai boxing since he was 7 (he turns 13 on Saturday) and he has never lost a fight. He's also never started one. I think I'll give him Ice Cream tonight ;)

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 12:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm at work, watching the video without sound, so I can't really offer too much insight on the video itself.

But I will say that kids should learn that they've got to stick up for themselves. If they don't demand respect from their peers at six, they won't demand respect from their peers at thirty.

I have a son in Kindergarten. There's an aggressive kid in his class who is a bit of a bully. My son is the sweetest little boy in the world. He'd much rather share his lunch with one of his classmates than hit one of them. But he understands that if the kid hits him, he is supposed to beat his ass as hard as he can until a teacher physically pulls him off.

On the other hand, I don't really approve of siblings kicking the **** out of each other. My children aren't allowed to hit each other. I would like them to learn to get along with each other without hitting. This can be done at home, because if you raise your kids, you can instill in them the capacity to resolve things peacefully. You don't have that luxury with kids outside your family. Sometimes, kids can't be reasoned with, and they've just got to catch a couple hooks.

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 12:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kids could adopt a number of strategies.

Every school seems to have a "Stinky" (AKA "ButtAir" or "The Pits of Hell", depending on various fragrantly-anatomical sources) the kid who could drive all attackers--and everyone else--away, by scent alone.

There's "Vominator", whose daily artillery of tossed bile and chunks made him something like a Phalanx rapid-fire system.

"Squeak-freak" threatened to burst any eardrums within 10 kilometres.

"Quasi-quasimodo", the big slow kid, for whom puberty seemingly began at the age of two, totally inoffensive...and didn't bother to fight back because nothing would-be bullies tried to do would ever hurt him, so he never noticed when he was under attack.

Or there's always the one and only kid in the school who took the no-swearing rule seriously. Constantly-frustrated expression over near-horizontally-protruding upper teeth, his response to adversity echoes through the ages:

OH YEAH? WELL FRIZZ OFF, BUNCH O' GUTTER-MUCKING FUZZER-BUZZERS! FART YOU!

EDIT: That last one was also the habitual rat. Don't believe me? I'm telling!
    Last edited by Vieux Normand; 11/19/2008 7:30pm at .

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 12:55pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleSoft
    The problem with this is the age of the kids. 2 years old is too young for this ****.
    Yeah, but that kid with the funny looking head totally deserved it.

BTW, as a teacher in America's school system, I fully support this post. Here's the deal: the bad kids who have bad parents are already being told to hit the good kids. I've heard parents myself tell their own little bullies "Someone calls you a name you punch them in the mouth." The problem, of course, is that the "good kids" are told not to fight and are therefore get bullied and pushed around. And the bad kids are being taught to fight for any reason. The trick, of course, is to teach the good kids when a real reason to fight has occured. What I've mentioned in the past is that you can normally tell when it's time to fight when you are standing up for somebody else. That's an easy one.

Of course, we all love it when someone who is getting picked on slugs the other kid in the face. The teachers love it too. Earlier this week, little Timmy was getting picked on AGAIN by this kid who is just social inept. "You are a FUCKING RETARD!" Timmy exclaimed. Timmy got in trouble in the office, but all the teachers talked all day about how cool he was for it. ;)

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 12:59pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand
    Kids could adopt a number of strategies.

Every school seems to have a "Stinky" (AKA "ButtAir" or "The Pits of Hell", depending on various fragrantly-anatomical sources) the kid who could drive all attackers--and everyone else--away, by scent alone.

There's "Vominator", whose daily artillery of tossed bile and chunks made him something like a Phalanx rapid-fire system.

"Squeak-freak" threatened to burst any eardrums within 10 kilometres.

"Quasi-quasimodo", the big slow kid--totally inoffensive...and didn't bother to fight back because nothing would-be bullies tried to do would ever hurt him, so he never noticed when he was under attack.

Or there's always the one and only kid in the school who took the no-swearing rule seriously. Constantly-frustrated expression over near-horizontally-protruding upper teeth, his response to adversity echoes through the ages:

OH YEAH? WELL FRIZZ OFF, BUNCH O' GUTTER-MUCKING FUZZER-BUZZERS! FART YOU!

EDIT: That last one was also the habitual rat. Don't believe me? I'm telling!
    Wich one was you again?
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 1:02pm

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats the problem, good kids getting in trouble at the office for defending themselves. It just encourages bullies to keep doing what they are doing.

I was the big fat kid everyone picked on, and I was always involved in fights that 2, 3, or 4 on me. problem was, no one saw them (and they refused to check the video cameras) so the other kids would say that I started it, and since I usually was the least damaged they bought it, and the kids continued to pick on me scott free. This went on for about 4 years until one kid finally stepped up and said that I had never started a fight in my life, and my mom threatened to sue if they didn't review the security footage.

moral of the story, it doesn't always pay to win if the powers that be still encourage the actions that started the fight, and punish the person defending themselves. You gotta stand up for your kid too. Its bullshit.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn
    Thats the problem, good kids getting in trouble at the office for defending themselves. It just encourages bullies to keep doing what they are doing.

I was the big fat kid everyone picked on, and I was always involved in fights that 2, 3, or 4 on me. problem was, no one saw them (and they refused to check the video cameras) so the other kids would say that I started it, and since I usually was the least damaged they bought it, and the kids continued to pick on me scott free. This went on for about 4 years until one kid finally stepped up and said that I had never started a fight in my life, and my mom threatened to sue if they didn't review the security footage.

moral of the story, it doesn't always pay to win if the powers that be still encourage the actions that started the fight, and punish the person defending themselves. You gotta stand up for your kid too. Its bullshit.
    That's because the school's priority is the culture of civility and not your child's well being
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast