Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #31
    BudoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    1,770
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who the hell is this guy?

    I think you should ask for some kind of certification at this point, or just tell him to shut his fat mouth.

    We had a kid coming by my work for awhile, always telling people what was best, giving old grannies excersice lessons and touting himself a PT...I think it was complete bullshit, and when an actual trainer called him out on it he never came back to the store.

    I'm just sayin...you have to learn SOMETHING abouyt nutrition o become a personal trainer, right?
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by H TO THE IZZO
    This is true. If he had his location field filled in, I might actually have specific recommendations. But...
    Sydney, Aust.

  3. #33
    TheRuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    4,334
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Australia... yeah, no clue. We've got lots of Aussies around, though, so hopefully they'll help out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well theres GNC here now. Expensive but good products.

  5. #35
    I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood supporting member
    Asriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,794
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    Who the hell is this guy?

    I think you should ask for some kind of certification at this point, or just tell him to shut his fat mouth.

    We had a kid coming by my work for awhile, always telling people what was best, giving old grannies excersice lessons and touting himself a PT...I think it was complete bullshit, and when an actual trainer called him out on it he never came back to the store.

    I'm just sayin...you have to learn SOMETHING abouyt nutrition o become a personal trainer, right?
    For the PT qualification that I recently started studying for, you have to pretty much complete a nutrition diploma so heaven knows where he's getting his information from.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

    " I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

    "Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

    "Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

    "That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp


  6. #36

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    64
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I fail at the internet so if it's bad form to resurrect old threads I can only say: at least I found the search function.

    The reason I'm trawling the site for threads on post workout drinks is that I don't usually get in from training until after 10:30pm and as a man who has to get up pretty early every morning (boo-hoo, right?) my post training objective is to go through the following routine ASAP

    home>shower>bed>sleep

    Problem is, sometimes I can't get to friggin sleep coz I feel really weak and drained which stops me sleeping. Hence my search on post-workout nutrition.

    long story short: why the constant reference to chocolate milk in the threads I've turned up? Do you guys just really not like the taste of unflavoured milk or is it the extra sugar (or something) in flavoured milk that's significant? I'm not that keen on buying supplements (although maybe I should try it I guess) so chocolate milk and a banana it is from now on. Or maybe a banana milkshake, even more efficient...

  7. #37
    Kintanon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,682
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chocolate milk is delicious. What other reason do you need?
    I like to use milk as my base, drop in a couple of scoops of the chocolate Fortress Whey protein and blend it on up with a banana.
    Or a handful of rasberries, some orange juice, and a couple of scoops of the vanilla and blend that up with ye olde banana.
    If you keep your berries in service sized bags you can whip the whole thing up in a couple of minutes.

  8. #38
    TheRuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    4,334
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydynamicist
    long story short: why the constant reference to chocolate milk in the threads I've turned up? Do you guys just really not like the taste of unflavoured milk
    Nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by hairydynamicist
    or is it the extra sugar (or something) in flavoured milk that's significant?
    Yup.

    A cup of milk has roughly:
    230 mL of water (for hydration)
    13g of lactose (slow carbohydrate for the hours after your workout)
    1.8g of whey (fast protein)
    7g of casein (slow protein)
    (And whatever fat content you add)

    With chocolate milk, add:
    13g of sucrose or glucose (fast carbohydrate)

    Hence the combination of chocolate milk and supplemental whey protein. Fast and slow carbs, fast and slow proteins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

  9. #39
    Deadmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,014
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    +1 to the use of chocolate milk as a post workout drink.

    I've been trialling it for a while now - after reading This article:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1342839.shtml

    And reading about it on here in another thread actually.

    I'm training 5-6 nights a week at the moment, and am really fatigued by the time I get home (up at 6:00 for breakfast and leave the house at 7:00 to go to work, knock off at 4:30, and train from 5:00 - 8:30 returning home around 9:00pm) I've found that putting some ice, 400-500ml of chocolate milk and a banana in the blender helps me settle down for the night nicely.

  10. #40
    I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood supporting member
    Asriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,794
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydynamicist
    I fail at the internet so if it's bad form to resurrect old threads I can only say: at least I found the search function.

    The reason I'm trawling the site for threads on post workout drinks is that I don't usually get in from training until after 10:30pm and as a man who has to get up pretty early every morning (boo-hoo, right?) my post training objective is to go through the following routine ASAP

    home>shower>bed>sleep

    Problem is, sometimes I can't get to friggin sleep coz I feel really weak and drained which stops me sleeping. Hence my search on post-workout nutrition.

    long story short: why the constant reference to chocolate milk in the threads I've turned up? Do you guys just really not like the taste of unflavoured milk or is it the extra sugar (or something) in flavoured milk that's significant? I'm not that keen on buying supplements (although maybe I should try it I guess) so chocolate milk and a banana it is from now on. Or maybe a banana milkshake, even more efficient...
    If you're not getting an evening meal after training then you MUST at least have some kind of post workout infusion of Protein and Carbs.

    How do you feel the morning after training? Pretty wobbly I'd imagine.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

    " I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

    "Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

    "Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

    "That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp


Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO