218271 Bullies, 7599 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 3:32am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah ok, that can be a problem then.

If you buy it in bulk you can get it quite cheap though.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

is badder than you

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 9:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    Ah ok, that can be a problem then.

If you buy it in bulk you can get it quite cheap though.
    This is true. If he had his location field filled in, I might actually have specific recommendations. But...

Getting a heaping dose of whey post-workout is not required to make progress. If you can swing some chocolate milk immediately afterward, followed by a solid meal within an hour or two, you should be fine. Making good financial decisions is paramount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 10:36am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by H TO THE IZZO
    1) The PT's an idiot.
    2) My personal preference is for chocolate milk + whey protein + creatine + maybe a tablet of Vitamin C on the side, but that powder looks to be all right too, especially if you (like me right now) have nowhere to keep chocolate milk refrigerated during a workout.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I'd love to see this freaking PT try to explain why most post-workout drinks/supplements contain high amounts of proteins and carbs if it were such a bad idea.

Someone needs to show him a jug of Weider Giant Mega Mass 4000, force him to learn the nutritional contents in it to memory, and then beat him to death with the jug until he throws his PT certificate in the garbage can.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Achievements:
    3 months registered

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 12:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Northern Mantis Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Portillo
    ^ No of course not. Its just that atm i dont have money for a big tub of powder.
    Check your local Wal-Mart. The ones in my area sell a 5 pound tub by Body Fortress for $11-$13 (prices varies from time to time). At one shake a day it would probably last you a month or more.

is badder than you

Achievements:

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 1:04pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpappaferg
    Check your local Wal-Mart. The ones in my area sell a 5 pound tub by Body Fortress for $11-$13 (prices varies from time to time).
    Five pounds of what? Not sarcastic - if you've got a link to the product info (or a tub on hand), the ingredients/nutritional info would be useful for this thread.

Featherweight

Achievements:
    3 months registered

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 1:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Five pounds of what? Not sarcastic - if you've got a link to the product info (or a tub on hand), the ingredients/nutritional info would be useful for this thread.
    Sorry, I assumed you guys could read my mind that I was referencing whey protein powders. :laughing7 You guys aren't mind reading ninjers?

Here's the link. Not available on line though. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10322405

*edit: You know, now that I think about it it may be a 2 pound tub that I get, even though I don't see that listed on Wal-Mart's website. I'm not at home so I can't check. Even if it is only 2 punds it's still a good price and should last several weeks at one shake per day...
    Last edited by bigpappaferg; 11/19/2008 1:15pm at .

is badder than you

Achievements:

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 1:25pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason I asked is that it's not just whey:
    Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate), Super Recovery Blend (Creatine Monohydrate, Taurine, L-Glutamine, Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Soy Lecithin, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose.
    It looks roughly like this (although the labeling's a bit different).

Are you sure that the $11-$13 tub wasn't the 2lb version? By my math, that'd put it at $0.0181/gram of protein or less (which, as discussed in this thread, is very good).

Featherweight

Achievements:
    3 months registered

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 1:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason I asked is that it's not just whey:

It looks roughly like this (although the labeling's a bit different).

Are you sure that the $11-$13 tub wasn't the 2lb version? By my math, that'd put it at $0.0181/gram of protein or less (which, as discussed in this thread, is very good).
    Just had wifey check the pantry at home, and yeah it is 2 pounds. Oops. Still a good price compared to what you find in most grocery stores or GNC. Although when I have cash I usually order in bulk on line.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 1:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I'd love to see this freaking PT try to explain why most post-workout drinks/supplements contain high amounts of proteins and carbs if it were such a bad idea.

Someone needs to show him a jug of Weider Giant Mega Mass 4000, force him to learn the nutritional contents in it to memory, and then beat him to death with the jug until he throws his PT certificate in the garbage can.
    While we're on the subject of the **** spouting PT, he also said that take CLA is a bad idea because it can have serious side effects but didn't elaborate further. Know anything about that?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 6:35pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    While we're on the subject of the **** spouting PT, he also said that take CLA is a bad idea because it can have serious side effects but didn't elaborate further. Know anything about that?
    Bollocks. CLA is naturally occurring in most meats we eat, and it's been demonstrated that in physically active people, it helps in reducing body fat. It is too early to tell if there are any adverse side effects, so this dude is just talking out of his ass, perhaps as an attempt to impress new clientele, or to look cool I dunno.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast