Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #11
    I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood supporting member
    Asriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,794
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok cool, so he's talking **** then.

    I thought as much but didn't really want to say it to him without at least looking into it a bit.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

    " I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

    "Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

    "Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

    "That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp


  2. #12

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is cottage cheese a good post workout meal?

  3. #13
    TheRuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    4,334
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Being casein, it takes a while to digest. This means it's not a great substitute for a post-workout recovery drink, but could serve as a slow protein for the hours after working out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ Thanks.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So if you dont have a whey powder/supplement, whats the best food to get whey protein from?

  6. #16
    TheRuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    4,334
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Milk protein is 20% whey. The other 80% is casein.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess its a neccesity for a whey protein powder then. I was hoping to get all my protein from food sources.

  8. #18
    TheRuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    4,334
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, you could drink larger portions of milk... but yeah, I don't know of any other fast proteins offhand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

  9. #19
    I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood supporting member
    Asriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,794
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Portillo
    I guess its a neccesity for a whey protein powder then. I was hoping to get all my protein from food sources.
    If you're only having 1 Protein shake a day - PWO then it wouldn't be too much of a problem would it?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

    " I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

    "Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

    "Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

    "That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp


  10. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ No of course not. Its just that atm i dont have money for a big tub of powder.
    Last edited by Portillo; 11/19/2008 3:21am at .

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO