Thank you.

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 3:26am

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An armed lawyer...

This could get interesting.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 9:35am

Style: Monkey-See-Monkey-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor
    You're going to be lucky to find an AR15 lower out there at this stage of the game, lest you get brutally raped. Whereas before the Obama was elected---lowers were going for $85-100...most are now starting around $150-200. They will continue to go up.

Where you ARE going to have problems is finding AR10 stripped lowers.

*I'm totally serious about boycotting those guys like Armalite and Spike's.
    Okay...my rant is over, but seriously...support the truly good guys like Del-Ton and Aim Surplus. Essential and Doublestar are good if you're looking to cut cash expenditures. You can go to AR15.com and there are a couple guys putting together mass-orders from Doublestar at original prices (around 80 bucks each). Hope this helps!
    Queue the banjo, and bring some lube if you are getting into guns right now. I was looking around on gunbroker last night and there was some serious deviant proctology taking place with pricing. $30 for a magpul mag!!!:new_shock

I was looking at Armalite AR-10 lowers, but was put off by the magazine prices. Plus, it isn't interchangeable with anything else. Guess I'll just have to make due with my Mauser for a long range rifle for a while.

I have no problem boycotting folks, but I took what was readily available, and that just happened to be Spikes lowers. The prices jumped $30 a unit right before I placed my order. Since I am holding onto these, I don't mind it too much, but it still irks me.

So much for me getting an AK. I'll just have to save up for a 6.8mm upper. I refuse to pay $800 for a freaking AK...

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 9:38am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are the characteristics of the 6.8 mm round as compared to the ak round and the 223? More kick or less kick when fired through at AR? How much more is the ammo from a 223?

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 9:42am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last I checked, you could get $1000 rounds of Wolf 7.62 for ~$220. The same for .223 was $400.

Don't know much about 6.8, but you can use this site:

www.gun-deals.com

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 10:04am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Cheddar
    Queue the banjo, and bring some lube if you are getting into guns right now. I was looking around on gunbroker last night and there was some serious deviant proctology taking place with pricing. $30 for a magpul mag!!!:new_shock

I was looking at Armalite AR-10 lowers, but was put off by the magazine prices. Plus, it isn't interchangeable with anything else. Guess I'll just have to make due with my Mauser for a long range rifle for a while.

I have no problem boycotting folks, but I took what was readily available, and that just happened to be Spikes lowers. The prices jumped $30 a unit right before I placed my order. Since I am holding onto these, I don't mind it too much, but it still irks me.

So much for me getting an AK. I'll just have to save up for a 6.8mm upper. I refuse to pay $800 for a freaking AK...
    Yeah...brother, get ready for the brutal butt-sex that is sure to follow....courtesy of "our friends" in the firearms industry. Spike's jump wasn't 30 bucks, bro...it went from around 100-105 (depending upon options) to $179.00. That's more like 75-80 bucks. I bought some lowers from him leading up until the election and after the election, Wednesday morning---the prices were magically $179.00. I just can't abide by that...based solely on the outcome of a Presidential election. I can recognize the issues related to a Democratically-controlled Congress as well, but that certainly doesn't justify what's going on right now.

I empathize with your plight...as well as everyone else's. This was bound to occur...as apathy seems to rule the day....most "normal" people don't normally sit up and take notice of the danger until "danger" is knocking at their front door. Then it becomes a panic and **** goes sideways. Why not deal with the danger when it's 100 miles away---rather than waiting for it to show up at your doorstep? You know who these people are...you know the type. Ignorant assholes who 'til their dying breath say, "This is America...that'll never happen here." And seeing time after time...when it DID HAPPEN HERE. Forced gun registration, gun confiscations, magazine bans, weapon bans, and criminal charges for those who resist.

Don't get me wrong. I love the free market and I love our way of economics in this country. However, to those assholes who say, "Suck it up...it's supply and demand, and YOU are the fucktard for waiting until the last minute", I say PISS OFF. Not everyone can afford to dump cash into guns on the spur of the moment...fortunately I can afford what I want most of the time...but not a lot of people I know can do that. And it's for people like that....that I was ranting about. As far as the artificial price controlling going on...think about this:

If there were a run on say, aluminum. China and India began buying allllll the world's aluminum (the excuse that ammo companies are fond of using right now to explain massive ammo price increases) which created domestic shortages and lower receivers went up $20.00 because of it....people could handle it. If the carbide tooling and CNC machines which are used to machine the lower receivers went up in price and were more difficult to maintain--and prices slowly rose $15.00 because of it...people could handle and accept it. However...withholding your inventory (claiming that "you're out"), quickly raising prices citing market forces which you can't or won't identify, and increasing artificial shortgages to accomodate tremendous price increases is pure and utter horseshit. That isn't the free market...that's fucking price gouging and those involved should have their asses kicked and their schlongs taken (if not in a physical sense...surely in an economic sense by not supporting them).

Alright, Alright.....I'm tapping out. I will whine no more on this subject here. :5forbidde
    Last edited by Lord Skeletor; 11/17/2008 10:09am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 10:26am

Style: Monkey-See-Monkey-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
    What are the characteristics of the 6.8 mm round as compared to the ak round and the 223? More kick or less kick when fired through at AR? How much more is the ammo from a 223?
    Check out what Phrost submitted.

In short, the 6.8mm is compatible with an AR-15 lower, but needs a whoile different upper and different magazines. The 6.8 has more "oompf" than the 5.56, and still maintain accuracy at longer distances.

I misspoke on a different thread about most AR parts being interchangable. Some of the later Colts are not interchangable with the rest of the field for "propretary" reasons (read caving into the BATF).

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 11:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: american kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have had good luck with my double star.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 11:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: american kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not overly worried about new bans for a few reasons.
    1. Most of the dems congretional gains have progun democrats who will not vote to pass new bans.
    2. Even the ones who would like tonsee more gun control know that it is a loosing in this country. The dems remember how badly they got the boot in 94 after brady and the assault rifle ban.
    3. While the recent supreme court ruling did not go far enough in my opinion it did confirm the 2nd ammendment as an individual right. The collective right argument was, while completely unfounded, the antis primary legal argument to justify their laws.

Not that it is impossible that we could see some new bans I doubt we will see anything to drastic. Thebmost likely thing to get hurt is gun shows but they were in danger with Mcain too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 12:17pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Last I checked, you could get $1000 rounds of Wolf 7.62 for ~$220. The same for .223 was $400.
    Unfortunately in this area, the tools that purchased every semi-auto in sight last week also cleaned the shelves of Wolf ammo. By the time I got to Cabela's, there was one box of Wolf Gold .45 ammo left. We had to go through 4 different stores so I could find anything other than 230 gr .45s.

I'm guessing about January ( the day after the inauguration ), there will be alot of people with over priced semi-autos on their hands. Just a guess. I bought mine before the last ban ( 1986 ).
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast